Carsland Thread

TakeMeThere81

We were just there for the Disneyland Half Marathon over a long Labor Day weekend. Day after labor day we went to check out DCA. It sucked. Opening was at 10, and they were letting tons of people in early if you had an AP or were staying at a Disney Hotel. Planning fail on my part. Once we got in, the line for the FP for RSR was way back to the Animation Courtyard and people were reporting the FP machines going down, causing a further wait. We decided to forego the area all together until about 6pm and had some success. The waits for the rest of the park were super reasonable (30 min the longest we saw for TSMM). Once we got over to Cars Land, we waited for 60 minutes stand by and really loved the ride! We felt it was worth an hour wait. All of the effects were working except the audio from Mater/McQueen at the very end.

Went back to Cars Land 2 days after Labor Day, again waiting until later in the day, again waited 60 minutes, loved the ride and all of the effects were working. The technology that they have pulled together to make the life-sized characters talk so fluidly and look so realistic is just amazing in my opinion. I kind of wish the ride slowed down a tad as you go through the Radiator Springs dark portion because even after riding twice I feel like I missed some cool details.

Rode Mater's Junkyard Jamboree a few times, it is good fun! Not too thrilling but great for kids and funny, FUNNY commentary as you wait in the queue. Larry the Cable Guy speaking spanish is downright hilarious.

Rode Luigi's Flying Tires...yeah I have to admit it is a bit of a disappointing ride. I am glad they are going to tweek it and hopefully the tires fly better. It was just awkward. The details in the queue are really great though.

My kids appreciated that CM were giving out special buttons at the gift shops (Sarge's and Curio) if the child could answer a Cars-related question. They thought it was fun to earn something free. Bought the kids drinks in the take-home cozy cone...felt ripped off big time. $9 and $12 is too much. I told DH if they offered you free refills for the day you bought your cone, I could justify the price.

Kids loved DJ and his dance party, and they really loved posing next to the Stanley statue. Met Red, Mater, and Lightning McQueen.

All in all, I am bonkers for Cars Land! It's such a cool experience!!

Nicole220

I believe the bad news for CM's is the lost of the Christmas Parties held on 2 nights in early Dec. This year they will be "mix-ins."
Not too happy with Disney about this. They have a beautiful redone park right across the way that can stay open while Disneyland is closed a few hours early. Some free popcorn and a coupon book doesn't do much to ease the pain of losing these parties.

Cosmic Commando

Not too happy with Disney about this. They have a beautiful redone park right across the way that can stay open while Disneyland is closed a few hours early. Some free popcorn and a coupon book doesn't do much to ease the pain of losing these parties.
Very true. If they managed to do it in recent years when DCA was a maze of construction walls, then they can do it this year when DCA is a beautiful, people-eating park. I think it goes for any business... you love your customers, but you can only take so much of them! The parties should be an escape for the CM's, not these "mix-ins".

Walt Disney1955

I loved Carsland. Radiator Springs Racers were awesome and sort of put Test Track at Epcot to shame. The whole land was really immersive too. I thought it was an exceptional job and this is exactly how a land should be themed and the reason why we love Disney over Six Flags. Luigi's Flying Tires were nice but we had trouble getting the hang of it. We like the Junkyard Jamboree. Funny. Plus even seeing the section that tells the story of Carsland was neat. If the Fantasyland expansion at WDW is like this then it will be a great success

Rufus T Firefly

I loved Carsland. Radiator Springs Racers were awesome and sort of put Test Track at Epcot to shame. The whole land was really immersive too. I thought it was an exceptional job and this is exactly how a land should be themed and the reason why we love Disney over Six Flags. Luigi's Flying Tires were nice but we had trouble getting the hang of it. We like the Junkyard Jamboree. Funny. Plus even seeing the section that tells the story of Carsland was neat. If the Fantasyland expansion at WDW is like this then it will be a great success
Were you able to see the lighting of the neon signs in Carsland? It is definitely a moment of Disney magic.

Walt Disney1955

Were you able to see the lighting of the neon signs in Carsland? It is definitely a moment of Disney magic.

No I didn't see that. We were in Carsland during the day and then once sunset came we went on the Radiator Springs Racers as "single" riders. hehe, it still took 30 minutes to get through because others had the same idea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom