Carousel of Progress New Laptop

KBLovedDisney

Why on earth do you people like an attraction from a worlds fair 60 years ago?

Whole thing should be sent to a museum.
pascal+gif.gif

POLY LOVER

What I see as the approach, is they let the rides slowly self destruct then shut them down and replace them. For example the great movie ride, if you look at how it functioned when it opened and now its sad. This ride with some updates could function for another twenty years. I have been yelling about this for a year or more. Please fix things, Walt is spinning in his grave.

Andsome

It is new(ish), although I do not know when the switch was made. This was from Wednesday night.
Swanky! I'm a bit disappointed that the display isn't on, hopefully they plan on getting that running.

On the topic of this ride getting TLC, are there plans to replace any of the skins on the AAs? Dad in the 4th act could really use it, matters are made even worse knowing that figure has been glitchy as of late (I thought they had a spare one around when those kind of things happen).

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
It is new(ish), although I do not know when the switch was made. This was from Wednesday night.
Thank you! MUCH better than even the first week of this June...they probably used some old company laptop they had lying around, but still better than before.

Now if they could start replacing the wardrobe, we'd be getting somewhere.

The "car phone" reference needs to be removed and maybe a few other things, but it's not THAT dated. Virtual reality is still a thing and hasn't even really been produced yet on a mass scale. Give them some iPhones and a few new references and we are set.

Technically, nothing from a home/family perspective has really changed since the 80s except everyone is looking at their phone all the time.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Technically, nothing from a home/family perspective has really changed since the 80s except everyone is looking at their phone all the time.
I don't know about you, but I couldn't throw content from my phone/laptop/computer to my TV back in the '80's...

Surfin' Tuna

Heading home last night I was thinking how great it is they threw the lap-top in there. It's such a minor thing, but it shows some sort of minor initiative. Despite what some said in this thread, that is truly a great attraction and really does "feel" like Walt. His near obsession with progress and family entertainment is really evident.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom