Candlelight Processional celebrity narrator line-up for 2014

Dean1953

I just got off the phone with Disney dining reservations concerning a Fantasmic dinner package in late December. For what it's worth, she told me that on Monday the final tweets will be made concerning the CP dinner packages and reservations can be made starting Tuesday (7 AM eastern time).

PhotoDave219

Sharon Stone? The "lady" that showed her coochie and everything else in Basic Instinct will be reading the Greatest Story Ever Told? Blasphemy I say! Good job Disney... can't believe that was even a choice. The Candlelight gets more questionable every year. Can't believe SCC is still involved in it.

Uh, the Virgin Mary shows her coochie as she gives birth in "The Greatest Story Ever Told." Thats what happens when babies are born.

tribbleorlfl

He'd be a fantastic choice. Unfortunately, he's going to be busy this December starring on Broadway in a revival of "You Can't Take it With You."
Cool, didn't know he had another BW stint in the cards.

I remember he did Candlelight in the early 90's back when it was still at MK. Fantastic job, though I'd pay to hear him read the phonebook.

prberk

Yes, the year "The Passion" was released. While he did a good job, I didn't appreciate his hocking of the movie. Don't think Disney did, either, as he hasn't been asked back since.

What exactly did he do?

And was it any different than any other celebrity that just happens to be a guest on a talk show or Disney parade when they happen to have a movie or show or CD to promote?

Serious question. (And I do understand that some things can be pushed in a crass way, and others less so; but let's really get real about why most celebrities happen to do public appearances when they happen to have a new project to sell.)

djlaosc

I just got off the phone with Disney dining reservations concerning a Fantasmic dinner package in late December. For what it's worth, she told me that on Monday the final tweets will be made concerning the CP dinner packages and reservations can be made starting Tuesday (7 AM eastern time).

Has anything happened with this today, or did you mean next Monday (14th) and Tuesday (15th)?

MGMBoy

Has anything happened with this today, or did you mean next Monday (14th) and Tuesday (15th)?

Hey all, I just got off the phone with DRC and they said the Candlelight Packages are available at 7 tomorrow morning (Tuesday) through WDW-DINE.

Kman101

Possibly a question I know the answer to but want verification. I know they fill up a bunch of seats with the Candlelight Packages. I have no plans to book one, and don't really care to line up at noon for for a 6 in the evening show, but could I just basically hang in the back to see most of it if I choose to do so? I'm sure it's yes but just wanted some verification.

DisneyDreamer08

Has anyone found pricing for the packages? I just booked Biergarten for lunch because it was the cheapest last year but I haven't seen any prices for this year yet. Thanks!

sissa216

Where from?

And has the rest of the names been announced yet?

On Disneyworld.com- and the list is the same as last week so far.

Possibly a question I know the answer to but want verification. I know they fill up a bunch of seats with the Candlelight Packages. I have no plans to book one, and don't really care to line up at noon for for a 6 in the evening show, but could I just basically hang in the back to see most of it if I choose to do so? I'm sure it's yes but just wanted some verification.

Yep! It won't be a great view- and there's no guarantee you'll even see anything- but it's possible. You can definitely hear it well, even if you can't see. They block off most of the view, but there are a few spots to look through (if noone is already standing there)

Has anyone found pricing for the packages? I just booked Biergarten for lunch because it was the cheapest last year but I haven't seen any prices for this year yet. Thanks!

I can't find prices yet either.

tribbleorlfl

What exactly did he do?

And was it any different than any other celebrity that just happens to be a guest on a talk show or Disney parade when they happen to have a movie or show or CD to promote?

Serious question. (And I do understand that some things can be pushed in a crass way, and others less so; but let's really get real about why most celebrities happen to do public appearances when they happen to have a new project to sell.)
Well, it's been almost 10 years so I can't remember exact details, but I recall him going off-script multiple times to either make direct references (I think he spoke in Aramaic at one point) or indirect references (by adding in parts of the Resurrection story) to the film. He then praised Disney for not watering down Candlelight by making it a "Holiday" processional, and finished off thanking Mel Gibson for making the movie and expressed what it was like for him to be part of the production and play the role.

While it was clear this was a very emotional honor for him and was very enthusiastic in his narration, I just found his additions to be jarring and oddly self-serving. Don't get me started on the implied criticism of celebrating "the holidays" (ironic since the entire EPCOT event is called "Holidays Around the World" and isn't just about Christmas).

I get what you say about celebrities and public appearances typically aligning with upcoming or current projects, but I've actually found Disney's selections to generally buck that trend. They tend to invite many of the same narrators back repeatedly, and even the new names every year seem to be more keyed to celebrities they think would do a good job or that people would want to see rather who had a new movie coming out.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
What exactly did he do?

When he got to the part of the story about the crucifixion (which has since been axed, if I remember correctly), after the line about "enduring the mockery of a trial" and "hanging on a cross between two thieves", he wandered off the reservation and inserted something to the effect of "but, as many of you saw in my movie, The Passion of the Christ, he rose again on the third day."

ETA: here's a link to the clip.

DisneyDreamer08

For anyone following this post, Neil Patrick Harris has been added for 11/30-12/2. We miss him by a day :( our reservation is on 12/3, still no word on who we get!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom