Can you remember the first attraction you ever did in Disney World?

copcarguyp71

It was 1977...I was six years old so it is kinda fuzzy in my memory but I want to think it was the Enchanted Tiki Room...and in 1977 it was a BIG DEAL!!!!

Musicman20

Snow White's Scary Adventures (I THINK) when my family all went together with my Dad's brother. I must have been very young, perhaps 8? Heck, this might not be right, but anyway, it is my first memory of Walt Disney World. The whole concept of the huge car parks, getting to the entrance of MK, everything seemed absolutely crazy and on another level compared to the low level I'm used to in the UK....(and this is true even now).

I was on the ride with my uncle and I kept wondering whether it was actually a ghost ride...now I will watch anything, but back then I was nervous and never watched anything too spooky. This ride was pretty frightening for a kid!

I wish it was still there. I went back on it years later and remember wondering why I was so frightened as a kid, but, I recall it was tamed down, but no idea if this was at any point between the times I went on it.

I also remember Epcot. Even as a kid I loved Epcot. I remember being a little bit worried about the drop on Maelstrom but again, nervous kid at 8 ish! I remember getting Chip and Dale toys!

graphite1326

It was Spaceship Earth. I didn't want to go to WDW. My DW said our children are old enough and WE ARE GOING (1996). I had gone when I was single in the late 70's and was not impressed. There was only one park then. We went and the first ride we came to which was SE. Being a manufacturing engineer I was very impressed. I was instantly hooked and have been going ever since.

So technically SE isn't my first ride Space Mt was but I am going with the modern era WDW. Basing this on the idea it wasn't really WDW until EPCOT was built.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The train around the MK. I've always been a macro-to-micro kind of person, and I did the train first to get an idea of the scale and scope of the MK.

Simba's Mom

First attraction was the Magic Kingdom Railroad. We decided to take a tour around the park to get the "lay of the land" before we decided where else to go. Past that I can't remember. But I do remember our first meal. We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern, and being from the Boston area, I found it really ironic. Frankly, I find the theming of that restaurant to be so similar to what we were used to. I remember thinking "We came hundreds of miles to feel like we're eating back home?"

Phonedave

20,000 Leagues. 1987. My memories of the ride are faint however, seeing as I was a child. I remember more watching the parade, Figment, and Dale (ala, Chip & Dale) running off with my hat over at Epcot and not returning it.

I think that was mine too. Same year as well. I was sort of disappointed by it. I remember space mountain from that trip being great.

-dave

jbird327

1977, Enchanted Tiki Birds. I was following the path I took at Disneyland in 1972 (when I was 18). I still like to start my MK day with a left turn off of Main Street into Adventureland.

MattC

I do not know which was first, but the first two I remember were BTMM and SM. That is all I can remember from my first trip as a child. And I remember SM scaring me to death.

Kenny1132

I was young, I think 4 and this is aided by pictures but the first thing my mom took me on was Pirates. I don't remember much other than the first time I saw the scene with the dog

danyoung56

I grew up in Disneyland, so on my first visit to WDW in 1978 I just had to see an attraction that was unique to Florida, one that I'd read about and seen on TV but had never experienced - the Hall of Presidents!

redsfan4life

I was 4 in 1977 so I am not sure but I think it was Snow Whites Scary Adventure . My mom has told me stories of her and dad being surprised that it was scary but knew Snow White and the Dwarfs was my favorite . Does anyone know if it had the words Scary in the name in 77 my parents would not have taken me on it if they saw scary in the name

SteveAZee

My first trip was in 1973. Not sure which ride we did first, but the rides I remember are:
- 20,000 Leagues
- Mike Fink Keel Boats
- If You Had Wings
- Circlevision 360
- Flight to the Moon

This was in August and the park was crowded, hot, and humid and my parents weren't having a great time, so I think we skipped a few attractions whose lines were too long. I still have the complementary map from that trip.:happy:

wdw2011por

First trip in 2011 and on our way in a family that was headed out handed us fastpasses to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad that were good for right then. Headed to BTMR and that became our first ride. It also started a tradition of grabbing fastpasses before we left the park and handing them to people who were just heading in.

Incomudro

My dad took us to WDW the year it opened.
I cannot remember the first ride we went on.
What I do remember the most though was Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. (PotC wasn't there yet.)
I still have memories of those three great rides with my family - faded of course, but I still have the feeling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom