Cameron has given the OK ...

Skibum1970

I have been informing everyone here in the face of all the subterfuge. misinformation, and background noise that Pandora was going forward. Not sure why so many people here were suckered into believeing it was hopelessly mired in the development process and in-fighting that it likely would never see the light of day. A perfect example of uncritical group think creating a false consensus.

March to the beat of your own 'inner drum' folks. Take the path less traveled. It is much more fun and interesting. And you won't end up following that which is false like a lemming.

I wonder if it was more of a "let's get this started or just bury it" type of ultimatum. Maybe the in-fighting did occur but they finally decided that it was time to get started. I still get the feeling that the TDO hasn't quite figured out what will bring in the crowds beyond the name of Disney. It's probably inconsistent to compare this to the WWofHP but it's too easy. UNI built what is regarded as a true E-Ticket (if you'll pardon my application of a dead Disney term to a competitor's ride) to support that land. Now, they're adding another E-Ticket in Transformers and yet another E-Ticket in the Gringott's Bank Mine Coaster.

However, TDO could bring in the big guns with an E-Ticket.

John

OK, so here we go. By the looks of it Avland is on its way (maybe), now my thoughts go to "how long is this going to take to get built?" FL took what.....4 1/2 years and still SDMT isnt opened yet? Do they dare do the same thing with naked blue people land? 2 years? 3 years? 4? 2018? Great, now I have to go thru threads reading about how good/bad it will be. Steve is probably the only person who could be happy about that:)

culturenthrills

This a really good point. I guess screens and projections bridge the gap between the traditional omnimover type ride and a full on coaster. Both detail and thrill can be achieved with good design, such as ToT, but to fully achieve that true "flying" through the air feeling, a "Soarin" derivative would be the easiest, if not "cheapest"'way to go.

Yeah but Forbidden Journey combined screens with sets, animatronics and effects and took it to a whole new level. Disney could have done something like that but instead went the standard route.

And if it is a Soarin 2.0 type of ride and their isn't randomization like Star Tours had that will be extremely disappointing.

culturenthrills

While Cameron has given the okay, does anyone know if Disney still has plans of having AK closing later and have a nighttime show once Avatarland is done?

You would hope TDO would be smart enough to realize they need some kind of night show or parade to give people a reason to stay late and have later hours. But it is TDO after all.

culturenthrills

I wonder if it was more of a "let's get this started or just bury it" type of ultimatum. Maybe the in-fighting did occur but they finally decided that it was time to get started. I still get the feeling that the TDO hasn't quite figured out what will bring in the crowds beyond the name of Disney. It's probably inconsistent to compare this to the WWofHP but it's too easy. UNI built what is regarded as a true E-Ticket (if you'll pardon my application of a dead Disney term to a competitor's ride) to support that land. Now, they're adding another E-Ticket in Transformers and yet another E-Ticket in the Gringott's Bank Mine Coaster.

However, TDO could bring in the big guns with an E-Ticket.

Hogwarts Express is going to be an E-ticket. If they can pull off some of the things they have been testing it is going to be pretty amazing.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

i saw bike coaster mention.can someone explain pls?

Apparently Vekoma has designed a coaster system where you sit on the ride mechanism as you would a motorcycle (the street racer) kind. Rumoured to be developed for the Tron E-Ticket that may or may not be going into Tomorrowland at Shanghai park.

lazyboy97o

What's going to make it an e-ticket? What have they tested?
Incredibly realistic projections that are intended to simulate taking a train across the English countryside instead of between soundstages in Florida.

i saw bike coaster mention.can someone explain pls?
Apparently Vekoma has designed a coaster system where you sit on the ride mechanism as you would a motorcycle (the street racer) kind. Rumoured to be developed for the Tron E-Ticket that may or may not be going into Tomorrowland at Shanghai park.
The Motorbike Launch Coaster
http://vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/motorbike-launch-coaster

MickeyPeace

I completely forgot about the rockwork at Carsland! Yes it is beautiful, but on my trip a couple weeks ago I went to DCA and the actual Grand Canyon. I can promise you, it doesn't even compare!

!

I was thinking the same thing. No one can make a statement like that that has seen the Grand Canyon. Nothing man made can compare.

culturenthrills

urtle said:
What's going to make it an e-ticket? What have they tested?

Incredibly realistic projections that are intended to simulate taking a train across the English countryside instead of between soundstages in Florida.

Combined with some elaborate special effects when the train gets attacked. At least that is what I heard.

jmuboy

We know that Phase II's never happen. Have you heard one peep about DCA's Phase II? It isn't like the park is all fixed now despite the great new things in it. (naturally, not one social media asked 'bout that at the junket in June).

I am strongly of the belief that said ride system will be used in Anaheim and HK as well as DAK, with three different attractions. But we'll see ...

What is the HKDL version? DAK ride will be Avatar themed. DL will be IronMan themed. But HKDL is news to me.

JungleTrekFan

and I just printed a full size copy on our office plotter today.
Sir, what kind of job do you have that your printing these drawings out at work? Because i would like to be your apprentice. :) lol

So reply if you have god knowledge on the plans: Is the flying attraction more like Soarin', where you sit still with no animatronics or sets but only a screen, or something like Forbidden Journey at IoA, where you move and swing past screens and sets?

Better question (no offense); Is this attraction going to use clearer projections than Soarin’ and FJ? Because they both have bad film quality and FJ is so blurry it tends to get me and others motion sick.

Pseudonym

There is also a note in the narrative that the north face of the building will interface with rockscape. And given that the structural steel at the top of the 76' tall building is tapered inward, it becomes clear that this will resemble a mountain of some sort and will literally be covered in rockwork and other thematic elements.

I hope that the north face of the building would look something like this, rather than just a mountain. The facade and immersive environment are potentially limitless for Avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom