1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Cameron has given the OK ...

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Oct 24, 2012.

1. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member

... to WDI's current plans for Pandora, and bids will be put out for construction work.

I am not postive as to the exact makeup of said land, but it appears Disney 'won' the battle and there will be two attractions and NOT the three that had been pushed for.

But I am awaiting further details before I post more.

Also, note this has NOTHING to do with ongoing plans for a major makeover of TPFKaTD-MGMS.

2. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

3. hakunamatata

hakunamatata churro vigilante Premium Member

Thanks for the 411!

4. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

5. StarBurst

StarBurst Well-Known Member

rod and todd like this:)

6. wm49rs

wm49rs A naughty bit o' crumpet Premium Member

Well, if the DHS plans are moving forward as well, then I guess I've heard worse news.

7. bubbles1812

bubbles1812 Well-Known Member

Seriously? And not shocking that Disney went the cheapo route of not doing three rides... I'm going to guess they keep Soarin' over Pandora and axe the actual cool ride that would appeal the most to the masses (ie the bike coaster). So I guess this would put the budget at 400 million? That was the reported goal of Disney for the price tag. To really make the area great (and long lasting), I think they really at least needed to spend 500 million. But I will give Disney credit for going forward on the project should this all prove true and will wait to see concept art/more plans before making any judgements. I am on the side of wanting Avatar to happen...I do think it has potential. Just choosing to be cautious until I hear about the plans and the budget.

8. nytimez

nytimez Well-Known Member

Wow -- thanks for the update. I know Avatar isn't the most popular topic, and it certainly wouldn't be my first choice... but at the same time, I think this has some real potential. And, hey, not a clone.

9. StarBurst

TPFKaTD-MGMS.?

im racking my brains trying to figure this one out

PeterAlt and TestTrack Dummy like this.
  10. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

The park formally know as the Disney MGM studios.

11. StarBurst

ahhh i see..gracias

lbrad likes this.
  12. ParentsOf4

ParentsOf4 Well-Known Member

Sounds like great news to me. TWDC needs to start investing in WDW once more and with a combined FLE at MK, Avatarland at DAK, and Carsland at DHS, even TDWC's strongest critics will have to acknowledge that, after a 10+ year slumber, WDW is moving forward once again.

13. JWG

JWG Well-Known Member

Color me uninspired... Two attractions, which one is only Soarin' 2? Meh...

14. GeorgiaPinesRJB

GeorgiaPinesRJB Well-Known Member

This certainly is definitely interesting news! Thanks for the update! Now we can put speculation to bed and speculate on what the area will consist of. Over/under for concept art released on Dec. 7th?

15. twebber55

twebber55 Well-Known Member

trying to decide if im excited or not...like the idea of Pandora but on the cheap seems so you know cheap...lol

IWant2GoNow likes this.
  16. John

John Well-Known Member

Well if this is true I need to start baking my large helping of humble pie.....I never thought it would happen. Then again before I slice said pie......I am going to wait and see. But the oven is on pre-heat.

17. twebber55

agree been down this road before

18. jdmdisney99

jdmdisney99 Well-Known Member

Floating mountains! Floating mountains!

19. twebber55

assuming now we see some concept art Dec 7th

GoofGoof likes this.
  20. bubbles1812

bubbles1812 Well-Known Member

I would agree... sort of. I feel like I have to wait for the plans on both Carsland and Avatarland before deciding if TDWC is truly moving forward or still skating by (relatively speaking). It is really exciting to see they are going to build new lands. I mean that. But at the same time, I worry a bit because WDW tends to do things on the cheap (again relatively speaking). Two rides where one is a clone of another ride just a few minutes a way worries me a bit. I would rather see the "zoo" and the bike coaster or at least the soarin' clone and the bike coaster than just the "zoo" and the soarin' clone. If that's their big E ticket (which I won't be surprised if it is), I'll at least find it disappointing. WDI is better than that and WDW deserves better than that. I wish they had "splurged" for three... I think that was the way they would make Avatarland a slam dunk. With two rides, I'm not so sure. I guess we shall see. But yes, ParentsOf4, should this all really pan out, I will at least concede they are waking up the problems they have. Now only if they'd fix Splash Mountain... ;)

ParentsOf4, jdmdisney99 and twebber55 like this.