California Adventure vs Universal Studios Hollywood

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

PiratesMansion

The water is only there because Pixar Pier exists. It belongs to Pixar Pier. The audience is watching the show from Paradise Gardens Park. Obviously they re not going to tell people to go queue up at Pixar Pier.
You can admit that you're wrong. It's ok. It doesn't make you a bad or weak person. You can even admit that you're wrong AND hold your opinion that DCA is better than USH. It's fine.

WOC was part of Paradise Pier. Then Disney changed part of it into Pixar Pier and part of it into Paradise Gardens Park, and pointedly the place where you actually experience WOC is Paradise Gadens Park, and is described as such on Disney's own map. Thus, not part of Pixar Pier.
And the voice of reason has arrived 👆🏼
Eh, I'd argue that someone who has made no other posts in this thread, and basically always agrees with you anyway, coming into this thread for the sole purpose of saying he thinks you're right isn't the win you think it is.

Last edited:

mickEblu

You can admit that you're wrong. It's ok. It doesn't make you a bad or weak person. You can even admit that you're wrong AND hold your opinion that DCA is better than USH. It's fine.

WOC was part of Paradise Pier. Then Disney changed part of it into Pixar Pier and part of it into Paradise Gardens Park, and pointedly the place where you actually experience WOC is Paradise Gadens Park, as described as such on Disney's own map.

Eh, I'd argue that someone who has made no other posts in this thread, and basically always agrees with you anyway, coming into this thread for the sole purpose of saying he thinks you're right isn't the win you think it is.

I’ll always admit when I’m wrong. In the context of our comparison of Pixar Pier vs Simpsons Land the Pier absolutely gets the credit for WOC. WOC doesn’t exists without the Pier. As you said, even the viewing area was designed as Part of Paradise Pier. The show takes place on Pixar Pier. So because of a technicality and Disney needing to tell guests where to queue up I’m not going to include it in a comparison of Pixar Pier v Springfield? That’s non sense.

Again Piers are on water. The water belongs to Pixar Pier. It’s part of Pixar Pier. The show takes place on Pixar Pier. It exists becasue of the pier. Park? What park? There’s no damn trees by that viewing area.

PiratesMansion

I’ll always admit when I’m wrong. In the context of our comparison of Pixar Pier vs Simpsons Land the Pier absolutely gets the credit for WOC. WOC doesn’t exists without the Pier. As you said, even the viewing area was designed as Part of Paradise Pier. The show takes place on Pixar Pier. So because of a technicality and Disney needing to tell guests where to queue up I’m not going to include it in a comparison of Pixar Pier v Springfield? That’s non sense.

Again Piers are on water. The water belongs to Pixar Pier. It’s part of Pixar Pier. The show takes place on Pixar Pier. It exists becasue of the pier. Park? What park? There’s no damn trees by that viewing area.
But...it's not part of Pixar Pier. It never has been. The fact that it was once part of Paradise Pier does not mean it's part of Pixar Pier now.

You'll always admit when you're wrong...eh. Agree to disagree.
To be fair- how many times has Disney messed up information about the park and its history?

Disney isn't infallible.
So you disagree with the notion that in order to watch the show, you are not, in fact, in Pixar Pier?

And by Disney's own metrics, when you watch Fantasmic, you're correct-you're not in NOS, you're in Frontierland. Fantasmic was previously listed as part of Frontierland when it was listed as an attraction on park maps, because the river is Frontierland (the rafts to TSI are part of Frontierland even though they're closer to HM than anything else in Frontierland for that reason). THAT has been consistently noted on park maps. BUT that hasn't been the case with World of Color since 2018.

mickEblu

The irony of this all is it doesn’t matter. Pixar Pier is still 10x better than Simpsons Land without it. I threw in WOC as an afterthought. I only saw it 3 times as a 10 year AP. The original once, Celebrate once and Seasons of Light once.

I remember those nights watching the show light up the Pixar/ Paradise Pier sky like it was yesterday.

PiratesMansion

The irony of this all is it doesn’t matter. Pixar Pier is still 10x better than Simpsons Land without it. I threw in WOC as an afterthought. I only saw it 3 times as a 10 year AP. The original once, Celebrate once and Seasons of Light once.

I remember those nights watching the show light up the Pixar/ Paradise Pier sky like it was yesterday.
This confirm to me that, having only seen the show three times, at least once of which was a long time ago (WOC Celebrate was eight years ago! Wow!), you probably assumed the show was in Pixar Pier because you weren't really paying attention to where the arena is in the park, and now just won't admit you were wrong.

Seems like a weird hill to die on.

mickEblu

But...it's not part of Pixar Pier. It never has been. The fact that it was once part of Paradise Pier does not mean it's part of Pixar Pier now.

You'll always admit when you're wrong...eh. Agree to disagree.

So you disagree with the notion that in order to watch the show, you are not, in fact, in Pixar Pier?

And by Disney's own metrics, when you watch Fantasmic, you're correct-you're not in NOS, you're in Frontierland. Fantasmic was previously listed as part of Frontierland when it was listed as an attraction on park maps, because the river is Frontierland (the rafts to TSI are part of Frontierland even though they're closer to HM than anything else in Frontierland for that reason). THAT has been consistently noted on park maps. BUT that hasn't been the case with World of Color since 2018.

They re always going to go by the viewing area for practical purposes. I think in Fantasmics case it’s about 50/50 viewing area with Nos maybe 60/40 NOS? But the ROA/TSI belong to Frontierland so it gets the nod. When they were doing paper fast passes the machine was also located in Frontierland.

mickEblu

This confirm to me that, having only seen the show three times, at least once of which was a long time ago (WOC Celebrate was eight years ago! Wow!), you probably assumed the show was in Pixar Pier because you weren't really paying attention to where the arena is in the park, and now just won't admit you were wrong.

Seems like a weird hill to die on.

Not at all. I know Mermaid is part of Paradise Garden Park and the viewing area is right in front of it.

PiratesMansion

Not at all. I know Mermaid is part of Paradise Garden Park and the viewing area is right in front of it.
Sure Jan GIF

Consumer

It’s the only reason Paradise Garden Park exists. They could retheme Goofys Sky school over the weekend.
I never understood why they didn’t do a quick retheme for Jellyfish, Zehyrs, and Sky School. A quick Nemo, Buzz Lightyear, and [insert Pixar IP], and you have a full lane instead of two half lands. TLM could’ve been adopted into Performance Corridor.

Professortango1

I'm just cracking up that the guy who posted dozens of screenshots of the map as his sole argument now says the map is wrong because it states WOC being located in another land.

I'm suddenly reminded of a Princess and the Frog tube....diiiiig a little deeper....

Last edited:

mickEblu

I never understood why they didn’t do a quick retheme for Jellyfish, Zehyrs, and Sky School. A quick Nemo, Buzz Lightyear, and [insert Pixar IP], and you have a full lane instead of two half lands. TLM could’ve been adopted into Performance Corridor.

Lol almost forgot about PC.

I’m guessing to save a few bucks and because maybe they have some long term plans for that area like putting a dark ride where Goofy is if possible. Granted rethemes for those rides would be so cheap it wouldn’t matter. They probably didn’t want to leave Mermaid on an island by itself. Maybe whoever called the shots back then thought better of a land named Performance Corridor. Mermaid is really in a weird spot. Combine it with the winery, Grizzly Peak or now San Fransokyo? I wonder how long they have had those plans becasue Pacific Wharf could have worked for Mermaid.

mickEblu

I'm just cracking up that the guy who posted dozens of screenshots of the map as his sole argument now says the map is wrong because it states WOC bring located in another land.

I'm suddenly reminded of a Princess and the Frog tube....diiiiig a little deeper....

Lol why? I never disputed where the viewing area was located.

Consumer

Lol almost forgot about PC.

I’m guessing to save a few bucks and because maybe they have some long term plans for that area like putting a dark ride where Goofy is if possible. Granted rethemes for those rides would be so cheap it wouldn’t matter. They probably didn’t want to leave Mermaid on an island by itself. Maybe whoever called the shots back then thought better of a land named Performance Corridor. Mermaid is really in a weird spot. Combine it with the winery, Grizzly Peak or now San Fransokyo? I wonder how long they have had those plans becasue Pacific Wharf could have worked for Mermaid.
Like most Disney plans, I suspect San Fransokyo was conceived about 10 minutes before it was announced.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Like most Disney plans, I suspect San Fransokyo was conceived about 10 minutes before it was announced.
And the bridge plans 5 minutes before construction

Honestly, debates like these are some of the most toxic parts of the forum. I would judge DCA better by a hair simply because it has fewer unthemed places (a lot of the places feel like stepping into different worlds, and note that USH's Pottah is even jarring with the giant show building poking out with no coverage). DCA also has the upper hand in dining, and the attractions are about equal in quality and presentation. Both have spontaneous meet-and-greet walkarounds (don't forget Oswald!) and offer great shows. Both have confused messages but their own lands blend together well in the end. Is there anything you guys don't agree with this statement?

mickEblu

And the bridge plans 5 minutes before construction

Honestly, debates like these are some of the most toxic parts of the forum. I would judge DCA better by a hair simply because it has fewer unthemed places (a lot of the places feel like stepping into different worlds, and note that USH's Pottah is even jarring with the giant show building poking out with no coverage). DCA also has the upper hand in dining, and the attractions are about equal in quality and presentation. Both have spontaneous meet-and-greet walkarounds (don't forget Oswald!) and offer great shows. Both have confused messages but their own lands blend together well in the end. Is there anything you guys don't agree with this statement?

I disagree with pretty much all of this.

Simpsons Land > DCA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom