BUS DRIVER RUMOR: Disney to start charging for resort buses...

luv

So what, pray tell, is wrong with being rich?

Further, if you can't see that my post was a play on words I think you were looking for a reason to take offense.
Not a damn thing.

And if your rich man's attitude happens to include philanthropy, as is often the case, I can recommend a person to donate funds to. Won't even make you attend a Get Dressed Up and Be Bored Out Of Your Skull dinner in order to write the check.

In fact, you need not write the check. Just sign it and send it to:

luv
2132 Where I Live Lane
Orlando, FL. 34701

ninjaprincesst

I don't think this would be true. First the magic express makes money for Disney by keeping people on property. Second the bus service is a perk that encourages people to stay at a Disney hotel rather than off site. I don't even see them doing a magic band or pass scan because every person they get on a bus to a disney park is one less person going to Universal.

PhotoDave219

But saying they're too unqualified to have a "real job" at Disney, and thus drive a bus, is quite an inappropriate and incorrect assessment.

I've seen the requirements for a CDL and the training that it entails. It requires a lot more than people think as well as DOT certification.

And frankly, some of the bus drivers Ive met and talked with have are much more in tune with guest demand and requirements than TDO ever could. Theyre more in touch with the everyday guest experiences than most other cast.

Goofyernmost

Rooms at the Fairfield Inn in Billings MT were going for $399.00 a night a week ago, and that ain't even a resort town.........I think rates at WDW are reasonable.
I think that they are banking on the idea that if you're going to Billings, Mt. you are, based on that fact, crazy enough to pay that price. Sorry, just joking Billings, Montana residents or extended to Montana residents in general. :joyfull:

Serious Note: I never said that Disney was the only place capable of ripping off the public and making them think they are enjoying it. I'd bet though that Billings has a lot less competition then WDW.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't think this would be true. First the magic express makes money for Disney by keeping people on property. Second the bus service is a perk that encourages people to stay at a Disney hotel rather than off site. I don't even see them doing a magic band or pass scan because every person they get on a bus to a disney park is one less person going to Universal.
How dare you bring logic to the table, when sheer emotional outbursts are the status quo.

Goofyernmost

you sure about that?
In my working career, I ran a number of successful businesses and owned one as well. I drove a bus because it looked like a fun thing to do and I was tired of the rat race. Of course, those previous positions didn't pay me millions a year. With that incentive I think I could learn to never answer a question or never answer for my actions. Seems easy enough.:)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not a damn thing.

And if your rich man's attitude happens to include philanthropy, as is often the case, I can recommend a person to donate funds to. Won't even make you attend a Get Dressed Up and Be Bored Out Of Your Skull dinner in order to write the check.

In fact, you need not write the check. Just sign it and send it to:

luv
2132 Where I Live Lane
Orlando, FL. 34701

I wish I could like this twice.

Soarin' Over Pgh

It would be interesting to say the least. I can see it now... full bus, now with people paying to ride. Then they are told they can't sit down or that they have to squeeze in more so more people can fit in the bus.

Frustrated resort guest would say something like "But wait a minute here, I *just* paid to get on this bus, I deserve a seat! I'm not moving! I'm not squeezing into the back!"

Yeah, that would work out pretty well. Can't see any backlash to that. Nope.

...LOL you've never been on a public bus in the city during rush hour, have you?

The port authority of allegheny county busses are almost always packed to the point of overflow. You get a seat if you're one of the First stops on the route otherwise you stand and suck it up. Women in dresses, pregnant, men in business suits... Doesn't matter. Shut up and get on the bus. Move to the back. Guaranteed the bus will be jam packed to hazardous levels by the time you reach the hub of the financial district. This is normal life.

Anyone whining at disney about a crowded bus simply doesn't have my sympathy. I'd rather be a crowded bus at wdw any day of the week than a crowded bus in stinking downtown Pittsburgh. Choose your battles wisely.

And for the record, port authority has absolutely no problems with raising bus fares... annually. At least they have that in common with Disney.

NowInc

Just going to humor this intensely false...I don't even want to call it a rumor as its more of a bus driver trolling.

Logic will tell you why they can't and won't do this. I'll lay it out simply:

Family decides to go to Disney.
Family decides to stay on property.
Family is looking for ways to afford this pricey vacation.
Family decides to not rent a car.
Disney tells family "YAY! Welcome home! And enjoy your stay! Oh..by the way..if you want to go to our parks it will be an extra $10/day".
Family didn't factor that into their already planned out Vacation Expenses.
Family is STUCK AT THE HOTEL AND NOT SPENDING MONEY IN THE PARKS.
Disney is sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom