BUS DRIVER RUMOR: Disney to start charging for resort buses...

David M

Original Poster
Tonight, I was talking to a Disney Transport driver about the operations side of it all and he brought up the fact that Disney is considering charging a small fee for the use of the resort buses. According to his senior managers, Disney would begin charging anyone over the age of 10, between $1.00 and $0.50, based on there resort. He did tell me that they have no plans to charge for the deluxe resort routes. He also brought up that your MagicBand/RoomKeys would be check prior to boarding all buses on WDW property, besides the park to park buses.
Thoughts?

BTW... This was on a bus from Epcot to Art of Animation tonight...

Zweiland

I believe you, but I think you forgot to read the sign above the bus:

urbanlegends_bus.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Thought the cost of busses was included in resort fee?

Right. Besides, Disney WANTS guests to use their transportation, so there's less of a reason to have a car, and thus less of an opportunity to venture off property.

They already can't handle the crowds or manage the bus system properly...adding a step of scanning Magic Bands or charging guests to ride would just collapse ANY inefficiencies in the system.

David M

Original Poster
Right. Besides, Disney WANTS guests to use their transportation, so there's less of a reason to have a car, and thus less of an opportunity to venture off property.

They already can't handle the crowds or manage the bus system properly...adding a step of scanning Magic Bands or charging guests to ride would just collapse ANY inefficiencies in the system.

I hope this happens... It makes me feel special staying at GCF :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom