Building Spaceship Earth

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
Super cool! I can't wait to see the raw structure ride-thru! I have always wondered what that would be like. I subscribed on YouTube, keep it up!

I uploaded a first ride-through. But don't expect too much yet ^^

Some updated screenshots of the current progress.
(please note, the sphere in these renderings is just a placeholder)

EP-SE-WIP-150Meta.jpg

EP-SE-WIP-182Meta.jpg

EP-SE-WIP-166Meta.jpg

EP-SE-WIP-167Meta.jpg

EP-SE-WIP-168Meta.jpg

Last edited:

PlutoHasFleas

I uploaded a first ride-through. But don't expect too much yet ^^

Some updated screenshots of the current progress.
(please note, the sphere in these renderings is just a placeholder)

View attachment 66387
View attachment 66391
View attachment 66388
View attachment 66389
View attachment 66390

It looks fantastic! I saw the video on youtube yesterday and left a comment. Great work!

Do you plan on releasing this to the public, similar to Horizons Ressurected?

raven

Certainly the service elevator doors on the ground floor are regular sliding ones. The cabin and doorway is big enough to take one RV if needed. However, RV servicing is preformed via a door on the right side as you ascend somewhere between the cinema scene and the computer scene. In 1982 two spare RVs were installed in the service area should one in use need swapping out overnight. Not sure if this is still the case.

The lift is a large fright elevator that can hold one RV and the door closes from the top downward. Extra RV's are stored located inside the SSE building and behind The Land. Vehicles are swapped out to the the Wooly Mamoth scene using a hoist.

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
It looks fantastic! I saw the video on youtube yesterday and left a comment. Great work!

Do you plan on releasing this to the public, similar to Horizons Ressurected?

Cool, thanks! :)

Well, it's not like the Horizons project, i can't program. ^^
But, it's possible, just don't know my way around with the kind of engine that would be needed.
Since i don't know yet where this whole project will go from here, so it's a maybe. :D

Problem with the "releasing" is this is a high poly model. For it to work in a "game" engine it would need to be
remeshed and for each object to have at least 4 separate versions with incremental detail from low to high.

The lift is a large fright elevator that can hold one RV and the door closes from the top downward. Extra RV's are stored located inside the SSE building and behind The Land. Vehicles are swapped out to the the Wooly Mamoth scene using a hoist.

Thank you for the info! Helps me a lot. :)

Voxel

President of Progress City
Cool, thanks! :)

Well, it's not like the Horizons project, i can't program. ^^
But, it's possible, just don't know my way around with the kind of engine that would be needed.
Since i don't know yet where this whole project will go from here, so it's a maybe. :D

Problem with the "releasing" is this is a high poly model. For it to work in a "game" engine it would need to be
remeshed and for each object to have at least 4 separate versions with incremental detail from low to high.

Thank you for the info! Helps me a lot. :)

This is extremely impressive.

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
For work I typically dwell in the world if C and Python. For grad school Java seems to be the focus and in my spare time swift,objective-c, and c#

Wow, that's a lot of languages, You sure wouldn't have trouble getting your head around maxscript, right?
Thinking about that idea of enabling people to walk through the model and explore it freely, other than just by animated renderings. Maybe you could help with that, if you want. But i'll need until next year to take a closer look at this aspect, as the model needs to be cleaned up and finished before it can be used with an engine.

PS: IF YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE IS GOING TO VISIT EPCOT SOON,
AND HAVE A CHANCE TO TAKE SOME PICTURES FOR ME,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND CONTACT ME! :)

Voxel

Wow, that's a lot of languages, You sure wouldn't have trouble getting your head around maxscript, right?
Thinking about that idea of enabling people to walk through the model and explore it freely, other than just by animated renderings. Maybe you could help with that, if you want. But i'll need until next year to take a closer look at this aspect, as the model needs to be cleaned up and finished before it can be used with an engine.

PS: IF YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE IS GOING TO VISIT EPCOT SOON,
AND HAVE A CHANCE TO TAKE SOME PICTURES FOR ME,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND CONTACT ME! :)
Tell me what ya need. I am going to Epcot second week of November. I will be in Epcot for two full days.

I actually haven't had a look into maxscript, I have maya sitting on my desktop to learn but really haven't found time. It would be neat to have the explorable version of this ride. Are you looking to creat an entire Epcot

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
Tell me what ya need. I am going to Epcot second week of November. I will be in Epcot for two full days.

I actually haven't had a look into maxscript, I have maya sitting on my desktop to learn but really haven't found time. It would be neat to have the explorable version of this ride. Are you looking to creat an entire Epcot

Brilliant, i'll compile a list of the objects and elements i need pics of :D (THANK YOU!!)

A model of all of Epcot is my long-term goal.
Maya is a great modeling package, though personally i'm most comfortable
with the 3Ds max workflow. If you check out maya, take advantage of the help/tutorial section.
Both, max and maya have great documentation of features and solutions.

Quite impressive. You have put a lot of work into this.

Thank you very much for sharing!

My pleasure!

Voxel

Brilliant, i'll compile a list of the objects and elements i need pics of :D (THANK YOU!!)

A model of all of Epcot is my long-term goal.
Maya is a great modeling package, though personally i'm most comfortable
with the 3Ds max workflow. If you check out maya, take advantage of the help/tutorial section.
Both, max and maya have great documentation of features and solutions.

My pleasure!
No problem. I look forward to helping you out. :D

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
As i'm quite busy with some other projects the progress on my Epcot model is very slow at the moment,
however, it's still getting along, and thanks to @raven who went through the trouble of measuring some of the distances around the SSE structure i now have new data to work with. Thank you for all the help so far!
(not just the measurements :) )

The Epcot Trashcan
proxy

another preliminary rendering (as seen in wipReel #002)
EP-SE-WIP-compileMeta.jpg

Attachments

• Epcot-TrashBinB1_003.jpg
    Epcot-TrashBinB1_003.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 35

ArtificialArtist

Original Poster
Hey there, been a while.
Just letting you know the project is progressing continously despite me not updating the thread.

So, what's happening? SSE's exterior is progressing, Innoventions(Communicore) is slowly taking shape and i've shot a quick video of the Horizons V2 model so you can get a first impression of the conceptual design.
(in the video i only show a portion of one of the queue scenes, though)
Rather soonish, i would also like to get back onto working on the interior of SSE.

Animation of Epcot trash bin (yes, a trash bin)

Live stream screen recording of me working on the model
(watch ONLY if you're interested in the modeling process otherwise it's a very boring video)

What do you think so far?

RMichael21

Hey there, been a while.
Just letting you know the project is progressing continously despite me not updating the thread.

So, what's happening? SSE's exterior is progressing, Innoventions(Communicore) is slowly taking shape and i've shot a quick video of the Horizons V2 model so you can get a first impression of the conceptual design.
(in the video i only show a portion of one of the queue scenes, though)
Rather soonish, i would also like to get back onto working on the interior of SSE.

Animation of Epcot trash bin (yes, a trash bin)

Live stream screen recording of me working on the model
(watch ONLY if you're interested in the modeling process otherwise it's a very boring video)

What do you think so far?

... Wow. :jawdrop: You, sir, have talent. :D;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom