Breaking News: Space Mountain Rehab

Enigma

Account Suspended
Space Mtn was my first coaster as well ... back when it was kewl, cutting edge and thrilling.

We've both aged a lot since. I just look a lot better and run better than SM does.

Of course, I maintain myself. Disney has neglected SM for over a decade.

Close it already!

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

"Its not the years its the miles" - Indiana Jones

Courtney1188

Be careful what you wish for!

I grew up on Space Mountain. It was my first roller coaster as well, and I loved it everytime I rode it. Last time I rode it was in 2000. I still loved it, though the themeing was getting a little long in the tooth. I saw all the comments on here about how bad the track was, but I thought it was just exaggeration. Then I got to ride it two weeks ago. I was so happy and excited to get to ride the old version one last time...until I rode it. As soon as I got off I felt like I needed a chiropracter. My wife, who before this trip said she hated roller coaster, who had then loved BtMRR, thought Everest was too boring, and would go on to love Hulk later in the week said she hated Space Mountain because it hurt. I had to agree with her.

And if the themeing was long in the tooth in 2000, it needs to be shot now. Which, thankfully they are doing.

My love of Space Mountain was renewed this past weekend, however, when I rode Space Mountain at Disneyland for the first time. Different ride, but THAT's the kind of fun I remember having on Space Mountain. I just laughed and laughed the whole time! Here's hoping FL gets the same or similar treatment!

I have a tendency to brace myself like crazy on roller coasters... like, before they even begin haha. So the rattling around doesn't bother me too much. I thought it was the best coaster for awhile...

and then my family talked me into Rock n Roller coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom