Breaking News: Space Mountain Rehab

That`d be a waste of a fantastic show space. That`s also why Orlando still has the long strobe tunnels. There are plans - last time I checked still in place - for some upgrades to this showscene.

Well if there are upgrades to the show scene then I'm all for that. The enclosed lift hill is just something I really like about Disneyland's space Mountain. Although if there was no on board audio then it would be kinda lame (Which Disney World might not get if I'm not mistaken). I'm hoping the lift hill will have some changes no matter what they do, or else I will be disappointed. But what I would like to see the most is for the loading area to be enclosed. That might be far fetched but it would be nice if the track was not visible.

Yay! 100th post!!!

jt04

Original Poster
That`d be a waste of a fantastic show space. That`s also why Orlando still has the long strobe tunnels. There are plans - last time I checked still in place - for some upgrades to this showscene.

I hope it is major upgrades. I'm hoping for something a bit more like the Tokyo spaceship :)

bmarkelon

A little bummed

SM will be closed during our visit and it was closed during our last visit a few years ago. I guess I'll just have to wait a couple more years, it's been so long!
:brick:

the-reason14

SM is gonna be open for my spring break trip yes. It'll be closed in July, the time we usually vacation, but I aint going this year so its all good.

Courtney1188

While Space Mt definitely does need a refurb, it still makes me a bit sad to see it changing. It was my first roller coaster ever!

I was hoping to do one more visit before it closed, but being a semi-broke college student... yeah.

marsrunner

While Space Mt definitely does need a refurb, it still makes me a bit sad to see it changing. It was my first roller coaster ever!

I was hoping to do one more visit before it closed, but being a semi-broke college student... yeah.

Be careful what you wish for!

I grew up on Space Mountain. It was my first roller coaster as well, and I loved it everytime I rode it. Last time I rode it was in 2000. I still loved it, though the themeing was getting a little long in the tooth. I saw all the comments on here about how bad the track was, but I thought it was just exaggeration. Then I got to ride it two weeks ago. I was so happy and excited to get to ride the old version one last time...until I rode it. As soon as I got off I felt like I needed a chiropracter. My wife, who before this trip said she hated roller coaster, who had then loved BtMRR, thought Everest was too boring, and would go on to love Hulk later in the week said she hated Space Mountain because it hurt. I had to agree with her.

And if the themeing was long in the tooth in 2000, it needs to be shot now. Which, thankfully they are doing.

My love of Space Mountain was renewed this past weekend, however, when I rode Space Mountain at Disneyland for the first time. Different ride, but THAT's the kind of fun I remember having on Space Mountain. I just laughed and laughed the whole time! Here's hoping FL gets the same or similar treatment!

WDW1974

Space Mtn was my first coaster as well ... back when it was kewl, cutting edge and thrilling.

We've both aged a lot since. I just look a lot better and run better than SM does.

Of course, I maintain myself. Disney has neglected SM for over a decade.

Close it already!

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

CBOMB

Space Mtn was my first coaster as well ... back when it was kewl, cutting edge and thrilling.

We've both aged a lot since. I just look a lot better and run better than SM does.

Of course, I maintain myself. Disney has neglected SM for over a decade.

Close it already!

~Pass the Pixie Dust~
Some might question that dubious statement!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom