BOG FP+ only?

hopemax

I actually agree whole heartedly with you .... but ... most people would not understand ...

Honestly, my CM family member would tell you from personal experience that is not necessarily true. Many guests harbor visions of working or retiring to work at Disney one day. They always want to know what the benefits are, and they gush about how wonderful it must be to work for Disney. They put themselves in the shoes of someone who would work at Disney during the day, and play at Disney in their spare time, so they seem to want CM's to get as much as possible, because that's what they would want. Seeing CM's visit during their off-time reinforces what they imagine it must be like. Which puts the CM in an awkward position, because the truth is far from it. Telling guests what CM's don't get, or restricted on getting, or how little off-time they spend at Disney, makes their faces get scrunched up because it tarnishes the dream of how Disney must be the perfect place to work. Last time, we waited in the BOG line the people in front of us thought it was terrible that CM's didn't get a discount for quick-service locations because it was the least Disney could do for all the magic makers.

YankeeMouse

I also cannot get anything for early December. We waited in line in September for BOG lunch and the line wait was not too bad...except that it was at 10:00 a.m., not really a time you want to wait on line for 30+ min for lunch, an hour after you arrive at the park. It was always nice to be able to do BOG lunch since we didn't need a reservation as for dinner. Guess this is another adjustment I will have to make.

tdpolo26

i don't know if anyone cares BUT the system is back online working for the special website... if you didn't get you 12 digit code just hover over itinerary on mde and you will see a link pop up in the bottom left of your screen with a 12 digit code starting with a 4
Except this isn't just a certain time of year, they seem to want to make this permanent. And there's no guarantee that booking a room will get them that coveted BOG FP, as many people have attested to that here.

Now, I don't terribly mind Disney or Marriott saying, "Okay, these days are super busy and we want to make sure as many guests as possible eat here, so for these handful of days of the year, CMs are blocked out." But I very much disagree with any company full out preventing their employees from taking part in an attraction/activity/whatever that they themselves run. CMs are the heartbeat of the company - without them, the company wouldn't exist. Plus, their money is just as green as anyone else's. Also, it's not as if CMs are racking in the dough - I would probably eat at BOG one or MAYBE two times a year. It's not like Space Mountain which I try to ride every single time I'm there (and even then, I avoid the super busy times simply because it's busy. You'll only ever run into me at the parks when it's cold and/or not crowded so I'm hardly affecting anyone's vacation.)

Also, let me tell you something - as a CM, I have been shoved, spat on, sworn at, called every colorful name in the book, threatened, and just very much disrespected by many guests, as have a majority of frontline CMs (I'm not a rude or mean CM, it's just when you deal with the number of people that we do, you are bound to run into a few bad eggs). Now, these awful guests are probably .001% of the total number of guests I deal with, but they are often the ones that stick out in my mind because, well, the awfulness of our interaction. They make me quite cynical towards other guests no matter how hard I try not to project the bad guests onto the good ones. You know how I snap back to my happy, magical CM self? I go to the parks. I go as a guest and experience what the guests experience and take off my CM ears and just look at the experience through the eyes as someone who is there for only a short time. I am reminded of how most guests are super happy and generally kind to CMs and how wonderful it is that I have the opportunity to be part of that magic that the guests come for. As more and more experiences go to FP+ only, thus making it next to impossible (or in case of BOG, flat out impossible), that means I'll never get to have that "reset" if you will to erase the bad guest interactions and replace them with the good. And what about my children? I can't get any kids over 2 in unlimited, so it's not as if they can go whenever they want like I could go on my own. Why should my children be punished by being blocked out of Disney experiences just because their mother just happens to work there? Sure, we can go 16 days a year, which is more than most people, but what good is it if they won't be allowed to do anything? How on earth is that fair to them? Same with when I have family in town - "Well, I'm super glad you came to visit, and yeah, I can get you in for free, but you'll only be able to ride Small World and the Tea Cups, and buy merchandise. The rest? Well, you can look, but you can't touch. Have a magical day, Mom." It's not as if we're paid well either. We get by, and we're not on welfare, but we certainly couldn't afford to visit Disney if we didn't have the ability to get in for free. If Disney wants its guests to have a wonderful time, then they need to go "above and beyond" for its CMs as well, so that we don't all become cynical grumps. I haven't reached that level yet - I don't want some Disney exec to find this post and hunt me down and fire me. I love my job and I, for the most part, support the company's decisions. This one, however, is NOT one that I am a fan of.
oh much of what your saying i hated as a marriott employee...trust me i have been there with the pain in the rear guests... one threw a table at me cause the banquet room wasnt set right... that was as i was explaining to the drunk individual that he was in the wrong room and it was a day early.... good times.. we had a killer night club bar we couldnt frequent cause one idiot employee got a dwi leaving the place 10 years before ughh... its always the few that ruin it for the many ....personally i think they need to do more for employees of disney the pay at the lower levels is not great for the perfection they demand... i think they need to try something new... something you may want to suggest for the future... i think they should give employees who reach certain achievements whether it be employment time or maybe you are the employee of the day or something like that fast passes maybe every 4 months you get enough for you and your family for 2 days in the park... or even hey thanks for a great job or i like the way you handled that guest here are fast passes ... i know it isnt much but it would be nice to show appreciation and that way when you do come to the park you have a year of a million dreams lanyard type deal with a fast pass for 5 or 7 attractions.... employees like to be appreciated and not everything has to have a large price tag attached.

YankeeMouse

i don't know if anyone cares BUT the system is back online working for the special website... if you didn't get you 12 digit code just hover over itinerary on mde and you will see a link pop up in the bottom left of your screen with a 12 digit code starting with a 4

oh much of what your saying i hated as a marriott employee...trust me i have been there with the pain in the rear guests... one threw a table at me cause the banquet room wasnt set right... that was as i was explaining to the drunk individual that he was in the wrong room and it was a day early.... good times.. we had a killer night club bar we couldnt frequent cause one idiot employee got a dwi leaving the place 10 years before ughh... its always the few that ruin it for the many ....personally i think they need to do more for employees of disney the pay at the lower levels is not great for the perfection they demand... i think they need to try something new... something you may want to suggest for the future... i think they should give employees who reach certain achievements whether it be employment time or maybe you are the employee of the day or something like that fast passes maybe every 4 months you get enough for you and your family for 2 days in the park... or even hey thanks for a great job or i like the way you handled that guest here are fast passes ... i know it isnt much but it would be nice to show appreciation and that way when you do come to the park you have a year of a million dreams lanyard type deal with a fast pass for 5 or 7 attractions.... employees like to be appreciated and not everything has to have a large price tag attached.

tdpolo26

Okay, went to Itinerary on MDE. I'm hovering. Do not see a link pop up...could you be more specific? Thanks.
ok lets do this step by step i think i made a mistake saying itinerary sorry about the confusion
1 log in to mde
2 go to" my resort reservations "
3 hover over "modify check in"
4 look at link in lower left of screen 12 digit number shall appear
alternatively you can right click modify check in and choose "copy link address" and paste it to a note pad then you can copy and paste number to log in...
well good luck

YankeeMouse

Thank you! I can get in and am prompted for the week we have reservations Dec 1 - 7. No fastpasses available. Try another day. Aarrrgh.

YankeeMouse

Didn't think of that. So even though they prompt me and the screen shows my dates of arrival through departure, you cannot book till 27? Okay, thanks for the advice, it makes sense. Once again WDWMagic....answers given where no one else has them :)

tdpolo26

Didn't think of that. So even though they prompt me and the screen shows my dates of arrival through departure, you cannot book till 27? Okay, thanks for the advice, it makes sense. Once again WDWMagic....answers given where no one else has them :)
I would def be checking daily though .... things change daily with Disney

YoJDew

But also... if you already have your FP+s booked for that day, they're not going to allow you to book a fourth FP+ for BOG Lunch, are they? My trip is mid-December and I got all the way through to the "Select an Option" page and it said "No FastPasses available. Rah.

TRONorail12

But also... if you already have your FP+s booked for that day, they're not going to allow you to book a fourth FP+ for BOG Lunch, are they? My trip is mid-December and I got all the way through to the "Select an Option" page and it said "No FastPasses available. Rah.

BOG FP+ has no effect on your other FastPasses. It runs on a completely separate system. That is why it is not part of MyDisneyExperience. Just like any other FP, you can still go into the system to "try" to book, but it doesn't mean there are going to be any times that are still available.

djlaosc

I don't think that you can book BOG FPs until 27 days before you want to eat there, so you will have a while to wait yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom