BOG FP+ only?

BroganMc

Can anyone answer this?

We (meaning 2 of us) had lunch at BOG on our previous Sep/oct trip. (Oct 2). Now we're going back NYE week but we have a room with 9 people on the reservation. I just checked the site to see what would happen if I tried booking a time during that week.

It shows the dates of my NYE trip (Dec 28-Jan 3) but only lists my travel party as the two of us. Nowhere did it ask for my room reservation and nowhere can I tell it I have more people in my reservation. No availability yet, of course. There doesn't appear to be anyone I can call to ask or troubleshoot the issue.

Tell me that once you're in the system for one party size it doesn't limit you to that forever.

DougK

I booked my BOG FP+ for lunch today for November 18 which is exactly 27 days from now. The funny thing is I have no real desire to eat there. The food is mediocre and the prices are high. But I made the reservation in case my wife wants us to go there. If she says no I will cancel it tonight. One thing that surprised me is they did not ask for a credit card like they do for normal dining reservations. I guess it's because this is considered quick service but I am still surprised.

hopemax

Can anyone answer this?

We (meaning 2 of us) had lunch at BOG on our previous Sep/oct trip. (Oct 2). Now we're going back NYE week but we have a room with 9 people on the reservation. I just checked the site to see what would happen if I tried booking a time during that week.

It shows the dates of my NYE trip (Dec 28-Jan 3) but only lists my travel party as the two of us. Nowhere did it ask for my room reservation and nowhere can I tell it I have more people in my reservation. No availability yet, of course. There doesn't appear to be anyone I can call to ask or troubleshoot the issue.

Tell me that once you're in the system for one party size it doesn't limit you to that forever.

I think the recommendation is to create a brand new BOG website account, using a different email address. Then you will be prompted to add a reservation number, and you can the new number. There is no way to modify an existing account.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Can anyone answer this?

It's better than that for the dinner ADR - it will not let you make a reservation for more than 6 people!!!

tl77

Can anyone answer this?

It depends whether you are trying to get a lunch time FP+, or make a dinner reservation? If it's the lunch time FP+ you'll have to wait until 27 days out and they will contact you and if everyone in your party is in the same room you all will have the option of booking the lunch FP+ at that time, but if you're trying to change a dinner reservation from 2 people to 9 they might already be booked up for that date

Ember

Does everyone include off-site guests?

If not, and there are no walk-ups as reported, then this really has been limited to on-site guests only (but never announced as such).
When we went in May we were able to access the site and make a reservation, but our friends who were staying off-site could not even log in to the site. Maybe it's changed since then, but I haven't heard anything supporting that.

Ember

I booked my BOG FP+ for lunch today for November 18 which is exactly 27 days from now. The funny thing is I have no real desire to eat there. The food is mediocre and the prices are high. But I made the reservation in case my wife wants us to go there. If she says no I will cancel it tonight. One thing that surprised me is they did not ask for a credit card like they do for normal dining reservations. I guess it's because this is considered quick service but I am still surprised.
Have you had lunch there or only dinner? We found the food at lunch to be so much better (and cheaper!)than dinner and will only go for lunch from now on.

DougK

Have you had lunch there or only dinner? We found the food at lunch to be so much better (and cheaper!)than dinner and will only go for lunch from now on.

I was there for dinner previously. Never again. I had some kind of shrimp and scallop dish served in puff pastry. It sounded great, it tasted like just about nothing. It was totally bland. And for $27 yet. We are hoping the lunch is better (and cheaper) as you mentioned but I still have bad overall feelings about the place, except for the decor. As far as I am concerned there is no excuse to serve crappy food for either meal especially at those prices. I guess with the demand so high Disney just doesn't care about the quality any longer.

TRONorail12

I was there for dinner previously. Never again. I had some kind of shrimp and scallop dish served in puff pastry. It sounded great, it tasted like just about nothing. It was totally bland. And for $27 yet. We are hoping the lunch is better (and cheaper) as you mentioned but I still have bad overall feelings about the place, except for the decor. As far as I am concerned there is no excuse to serve crappy food for either meal especially at those prices. I guess with the demand so high Disney just doesn't care about the quality any longer.

Everyone has their own opinion about food taste. I ate at California Grill and it was one of the worst Disney meals I've ever had. I'll never go back, especially after spending $45 on my entree alone. But I still love Disney World, and isn't that all that should matter on this site?

WDWVolFan

So is the FP at BOG for lunch only or can you choose lunch or dinner?
For our 2015 trip we're thinking about going there for dinner.

MissM

This is the email I got for BOG. I took the reservation number out just in case. LOL. Guess lunch is for only hotel guests????
Yup. That's been one of the major complaints about all this change. I'm an AP but I can't book a lunch FP for Be Our Guest and I can no longer even stand in line if I wanted to. I've eaten there for dinner (because it's a normal ADR) but never for lunch. And if it stays this way, I literally won't be allowed to ever either. (Which is copious amounts of crap.)

AMartin767

I am seriously considering not renewing my annual pass for Disney this year. What are they going to take away next? I much more enjoy the food at lunch at BOG than dinner. But apparently, I don't matter enough to Disney to enjoy lunch anymore, since they are only taking Fast Pass + and that is only available to resort guests. I get it, it's not the end of the world. But this is just crazy. Instead of cramming Fast Pass + down everyones throats, why don't they fix the real problem - capacity? They just need more restaurants that are good, then BOG won't be so jammed. And, DHS needs WAY more rides, that is the reason that Toy Story is so jammed all the time. Ugh. I am feeling SO over Disney today.

Here's the thing lzzchic, given enough time, all of these capacity issues will no longer be an issue for Disney. Why? Because if they continue on the current slow erosion of the parks path they have been on for the last 10 to 15 years, the volume of guests will drop significantly. Despite what other Disney World fans may want to argue, it WILL HAPPEN if they continue this non-sense. Contrary to what others might say, you're choice to not renew your pass or choice not to go to the parks as often DOES make a difference. You are but one stating of many silent. This type of slow customer erosion is EXACTLY the same that other major companies through history have experienced despite their "head in the sand" denials. Sears and K-mart are perfect examples of companies that continually proceeded with the status quo at best or changed policies that their customer base once appreciated about them. Now look at them, they are scrambling to stay relevant, scratching their heads and wondering what happened. Verizon is probably a better comparison, still in that self-imposed ignorance that they don't have to do anything to compete, to try and stay relevant in their market. They are simply wrong about that.

Unfortunately, Disney's park management is suffering from the delusion that, just because it's Disney World, they don't have to try any more. They can rest on their laurels and put in halfhearted shows, tear out current attractions and replace them with horrendous overlays, let pavilions and areas just stagnate, sometimes closed with no reason or rhyme and not reopened for years, if at all. Allow attractions to flounder for years with no updates whatsoever. They continue to remove unique experiences and replace them with cookie-cutter experiences that people can get anywhere. The adventurers club is the POSTER CHILD for this, what is downtown Disney going to be now that I can't find at practically any shopping area in the country? Starbucks and chain restaurants? REALLY? Why go to Disney when I can do all that RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM WHERE I LIVE! If you wanted to stand up a company and parks as an example of one headed head-long into self marginalization, Disney World is the example! Pixie Duster's can argue and scream and rant and insist all they want that this can never happen to WDW but I strongly believe they are not correct. Some just can't allow such a thought to be entertained as it's just to horrible a proposition, so they defensively deny it. This change for the worse is well underway and I fear we have not seen the worst yet. Honestly, I recently posted the very same message about my wife and I re-thinking getting annual passes for the FIRST TIME next year. Along with yourself, that makes 3... how many more are out there, silently losing their religion in what Disney World is becoming? I think you may be surprised, VERY surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom