BOG FP+ only?

tink33

Original Poster
I just read online the BOG is FP+ only for lunch. No walk ups. If this is true, I hope it would Disney would change FP+ from email notification to being able to book it like other FP+.

tissandtully

I just read this as well. This is kind of crazy because FP+ for BoG isn't really widely known about and doesn't show up as a FP+ selection on the site or in the app.

tink33

Original Poster
We went in May ( 3 different families). Only 1 family got the email for BOG fast pass. I feel if Disney does make it FP+ only permanently it needs to be a FP selection like the rides. Or make it reservations like dinner for lunch.

tissandtully

We went in May ( 3 different families). Only 1 family got the email for BOG fast pass. I feel if Disney does make it FP+ only permanently it needs to be a FP selection like the rides. Or make it reservations like dinner for lunch.
And that's only because you bought a package and stayed on property, what about day guests?

lzzchic

I am seriously considering not renewing my annual pass for Disney this year. What are they going to take away next? I much more enjoy the food at lunch at BOG than dinner. But apparently, I don't matter enough to Disney to enjoy lunch anymore, since they are only taking Fast Pass + and that is only available to resort guests. I get it, it's not the end of the world. But this is just crazy. Instead of cramming Fast Pass + down everyones throats, why don't they fix the real problem - capacity? They just need more restaurants that are good, then BOG won't be so jammed. And, DHS needs WAY more rides, that is the reason that Toy Story is so jammed all the time. Ugh. I am feeling SO over Disney today.

FrostyNaples

I am seriously considering not renewing my annual pass for Disney this year. What are they going to take away next? I much more enjoy the food at lunch at BOG than dinner. But apparently, I don't matter enough to Disney to enjoy lunch anymore, since they are only taking Fast Pass + and that is only available to resort guests. I get it, it's not the end of the world. But this is just crazy. Instead of cramming Fast Pass + down everyones throats, why don't they fix the real problem - capacity? They just need more restaurants that are good, then BOG won't be so jammed. And, DHS needs WAY more rides, that is the reason that Toy Story is so jammed all the time. Ugh. I am feeling SO over Disney today.

While understanding your frustrations, not renewing your AP isn't going to make or break Disney.

As a global destination, and ever increasing global populations, Disney is not short on attendance.

There will be 5/10/100 more AP's to compensate losing your 1.

Big Picture, is what business is all about. It is simply not possible to please everyone, and they only need to please the majority - being what creates profits.

I've never eaten at BOG, anytime of day. Will be on a FP+ soon, but i'm not missing out on the rest WDW has to offer fretting over one thing.

tink33

Original Poster
Good to know. I'm glad it's open up to more people other than just selected people who get an email.

FrostyNaples

Exactly! How many passes will be available if you go to one of FP machines that day? Do APs get an email invite?

Book BOG ADR 180 days - lunch elsewhere, not the end of the world.

Invites by email are hit or miss - i didn't get one, but you don't need one to access the BOG Lunch FP+ website, just your resort reservation #.

I don't think you can get one without an on-property stay.

lzzchic

While understanding your frustrations, not renewing your AP isn't going to make or break Disney.

As a global destination, and ever increasing global populations, Disney is not short on attendance.

There will be 5/10/100 more AP's to compensate losing your 1.

Big Picture, is what business is all about. It is simply not possible to please everyone, and they only need to please the majority - being what creates profits.

I've never eaten at BOG, anytime of day. Will be on a FP+ soon, but i'm not missing out on the rest WDW has to offer fretting over one thing.

If it was just one thing, I wouldn't be not renewing my AP. And I know Disney doesn't care about me and my one AP, or my 2 APs since my husband had already decided not to renew. But what else can I do? Nothing. And I know Disney is a business, and all that, but it still just stinks to see a company that you love becoming what they are becoming.

I keep hoping that DisneyWorld will get bad enough, like Disneyland did - that something will finally happen. I moved to Florida in large part because we love Disney. But seeing the way prices are skyrocketing, and you keep getting less and less, just makes me sad. MNSSHP costs DOUBLE what it did 10 years ago. And you get SO much less. The food, it is probably almost double the price, and way lower quality. It's the same things almost everywhere!

I really, really love Disney. I just don't like them much right now.

FrostyNaples

If it was just one thing, I wouldn't be not renewing my AP. And I know Disney doesn't care about me and my one AP, or my 2 APs since my husband had already decided not to renew. But what else can I do? Nothing. And I know Disney is a business, and all that, but it still just stinks to see a company that you love becoming what they are becoming.

I keep hoping that DisneyWorld will get bad enough, like Disneyland did - that something will finally happen. I moved to Florida in large part because we love Disney. But seeing the way prices are skyrocketing, and you keep getting less and less, just makes me sad. MNSSHP costs DOUBLE what it did 10 years ago. And you get SO much less. The food, it is probably almost double the price, and way lower quality. It's the same things almost everywhere!

I really, really love Disney. I just don't like them much right now.

This is where disagreement comes into play on what "value" means to each individual.

Prices Skyrocketing? Tickets went up what $4 to day guests this year. $4!

Food creeps up with inflation, and other economical impacts.

Something costing double what it did 10 years ago? Seriously?

Business requires profit to survive. ANY business.

Like I said, 10/50/100+ are following your footsteps :p

The value may have run its course for you, and many could share the same opinion. But the majority does not. Majority greases the wheels.

Just to add, I've never participated in any hard ticket events. I don't see the point, and again, doesn't ruin what the rest of WDW has to offer me, my family, etc.

tissandtully

This is where disagreement comes into play on what "value" means to each individual.

Prices Skyrocketing? Tickets went up what $4 to day guests this year. $4!

Food creeps up with inflation, and other economical impacts.

Something costing double what it did 10 years ago? Seriously?

Business requires profit to survive. ANY business.

Like I said, 10/50/100+ are following your footsteps :p

The value may have run its course for you, and many could share the same opinion. But the majority does not. Majority greases the wheels.

Just to add, I've never participated in any hard ticket events. I don't see the point, and again, doesn't ruin what the rest of WDW has to offer me, my family, etc.

Nice try, Bob.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
FYI - I was there last week with another family. When they went up to check in (for their FP+ lunch reservation) and they said they had two people come to the desk as 'walk ups' and were told 45 - 1hr wait to get in. So
1. You can still walk up
2. Wait isn't horrible for someone dying to eat at a 'must see' restaurant at the busiest park in the World.

For the record and a bit off topic --

I think both the lunch and dinner at this joint are outstanding for their own reasons.

The lunch - above and beyond any 'counter service' besides maybe WGPE
The dinner - not the best on property but soooo far from the worst and the atmosphere of this place put it COMPLETELY over the top.

If you're going in there strictly for a meal that you're planning on comparing to CG or Yachtsman's you're going to come out disappointed (although I don't know why you would as those are signature restaurants)
But compare it to the average sit down restaurant on property and you should be more than happy. If you're a Disney fan then you should come out of that meal\experience absolutely thrilled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom