Big Smoking Policy Change

ExRoadie

Begin Rant:

Sorry to see this change in policy since it means I won't be going on a Disney cruise again.

Being able to smoke in the open-air at my stateroom was one of the plusses for me paying extra for a verandah. Even when docked there was more than enough sea breeze to dissipate the smoke from a fine Cuban cigar so that my friends in the next stateroom had no idea when I was on the verandah smoking.

End Rant:

Full disclosure, I am a Disney stockholder.

GamerMom

I am sorry that this upsets people but it truly makes me gleeful. I am DEATHLY allergic to cigarette smoke. Even walking through a lingering faint scent of smoke makes my eyes swell shut and breathing difficulties ensue. The smoke also gives me hives. Knowing that it is limited to certain areas helps ease my mind a little bit. Knowing the scent from it that lingers on clothing can cause the same reaction...i have to carry an epipen. I wish the entire world would stop smoking. I am unable to go so many places because of it.

jaklgreen

I am sorry that this upsets people but it truly makes me gleeful. I am DEATHLY allergic to cigarette smoke. Even walking through a lingering faint scent of smoke makes my eyes swell shut and breathing difficulties ensue. The smoke also gives me hives. Knowing that it is limited to certain areas helps ease my mind a little bit. Knowing the scent from it that lingers on clothing can cause the same reaction...i have to carry an epipen. I wish the entire world would stop smoking. I am unable to go so many places because of it.

I am with you! I also have issues with cigarette smoke. As soon as I smell it I get an instant bad headache and my nose plugs up and my lungs start to hurt, this is all from just smelling it from even several feet away. People who do not have these issues have no idea what it is like for those of us who do. I always have to book an inside state room or one with just a window for fear of having the neighbors smoking outside the stateroom coming into my room. I too am limited on where I can go. I never go to outdoor events like concerts or parades or other gatherings because someone is always smoking. It is like being a prisoner some times. I truly do not understand why they still make cigarettes knowing how toxic it is. They ban most other cancer causing chemicals but for some reason($$$$) they keep poisoning people with cigarettes. I wish they would ban it from the parks and the cruise all together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom