Big changes coming to Boo To You Parade And other MNSSHP changes

Touchdown

That's true, they do sell the park twice, and they do it by (in importance to me):

-An incredible parade
-An amazing firework show
-A exclusive castle stage show
-Exclusive meet and greets
-Candy/Cookies
-A smaller attendance
-Get to wear a costume/see snow on Main St

Some of us do the math and deam it worth it, others don't. I would never consider EMM nor at the price point they were selling it the Evening Magic "event" they were selling in February as I will not pay extra simply for the rides but I will pay for the spectacle.

And before anyone brings up that all the MVMCP stuff is preformed Christmas week, yes I know that but for the majority of of who live too far away for a day trip, the cost savings of lodging in early Dec compared to Christmas Week more then makes up for a MVMCP ticket.

I am Timmy

We've been doing the Halloween and xmas parties for years, and while there is a lot of we like, a smaller attendance is no longer something we believe is a perk of the party. That used to be true, but in recent years the parties are just as crowded as any other day. The only plus is that families with very young ones tend to leave early, so if you stay 'til the end you can actually take advantage of a more sparse second parade viewing or rides with short lines. And we love the snow on Main Street for xmas!

JohnD

I love doing the parties. I understand paying for the parties (we can debate the cost). What I don't understand is paying for a dessert party inside the party that costs more than the party itself or making dining reservations at a table service restaurant during the party. You're just throwing away your ticket for the party itself by using up time and spending extra you need not spend.

matt clark

I am getting A.P.'s this year... but for the last two years ive ONLY done the Halloween OR Christmas parties while I had my Universal passes. You get to do the park a majority in the evening when its not super hot... You get all the extras... short lines.. smaller crowds.. for a fraction of the price! YES PLEASE! Now that im switching a.p.'s to Disney from Universal in December this will probably be our last year of doing the parties for a while... BUT its a GREAT deal!

I am Timmy

I am getting A.P.'s this year... but for the last two years ive ONLY done the Halloween OR Christmas parties while I had my Universal passes. You get to do the park a majority in the evening when its not super hot... You get all the extras... short lines.. smaller crowds.. for a fraction of the price! YES PLEASE! Now that im switching a.p.'s to Disney from Universal in December this will probably be our last year of doing the parties for a while... BUT its a GREAT deal!
What kind of Christmas party does Universal have? I know they have Horror Nights for Halloween, and figured they did something for xmas, but didn't realize they have a party! We will be there for a week this Dec., and then heading to Disney for more holiday goodness.

I am Timmy

I dont think Universal is as eleborate during Christmas as WDW is.
This year they will be debuting a holiday projection show onto hogwarts, Macy's holiday parade, "Grinchmas", and a few holiday decro around the parks. that's all i believe.
Thanks! That sounds like fun, I'm glad we'll get to do that before we head to DW. We've never been to Uni for xmas, only a bunch for Halloween - and DW for Halloween and xmas. In fact, I am sad that we'll miss the Boo to You Parade this year, so today I looked at all my pics from last years trip. And then went back to planning my xmas trip. We do what we must.

asianway

Soooo, entertainment schedules are out for the first party. Someone should be able to confirm or deny everything in the first post at this point....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Soooo, entertainment schedules are out for the first party. Someone should be able to confirm or deny everything in the first post at this point....

Unless you mean schedules for CMs working the parade, then just knowing when the parade starts doesn't definitively debunk the first post which was just about changes to the parade.

dreamfinder

Parade times are 9:15 and 11:15.
What else are you looking for a confirmation on?

I would infer they were saying that a CM could look at the entertainment staffing for the parties, and see what roles/CMs were required for the parade. This would let one determine if characters were added/cut, things changed, etc, basically everything listed in the first post. @asianway is usually pretty good about character info, but I think got frustrated with other people taking their info and providing it as rumors/scoops without providing credit for the source.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I would infer they were saying that a CM could look at the entertainment staffing for the parties, and see what roles/CMs were required for the parade. This would let one determine if characters were added/cut, things changed, etc, basically everything listed in the first post. @asianway is usually pretty good about character info, but I think got frustrated with other people taking their info and providing it as rumors/scoops without providing credit for the source.
As someone involved with BTY a can again assure everyone that none of the original rumors proposed in this thread are true. The only change to the parade at all is that the new mice heads will be used.

asianway

Bingo. I know the answer - just want to hear someone else say it.

APiratesLifeForMe

Original Poster
Meet and Greet List By @JudyHopps
Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
  • Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
  • Snow White near City Hall

Adventureland
  • Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, Jafar, Genie and Abu
  • Tarzan, Jane and Terk
  • Moana (Near misting tiki's)
  • Captain Jack Sparrow

Liberty Square
  • Jack Skellington and Sally (Gazebo)

Fantasyland
  • Belle and Gaston (Gaston's Tavern)
  • Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum and the Queen of Hearts
  • Ariel
  • Merida
  • Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet
  • Cinderella, Elena, Rapunzel and Tiana (Princess Fairytale Hall)

Storybook Circus
  • The Seven Dwarfs
  • Donald, Daisy and Minnie Mouse
  • Goofy
  • Cruella De Vil

Tomorrowland
  • Buzz Lightyear and Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear

IanDLBZF

Also, Jack, Sally, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, and the Dwarfs are expected to be non-signing. I'd assume Moana will be signing autographs during MNSSHP, can you confirm @SpectroBro?
Also worth noting Moana has replaced Mulan in the Steamboat Willie scene in Fantasmic!

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Main Street, U.S.A.

Adventureland
  • Tarzan, Jane and Terk
  • Captain Jack Sparrow

Liberty Square

Fantasyland
  • Ariel
  • Merida

Storybook Circus
  • The Seven Dwarfs
  • Goofy
  • Cruella De Vil

Tomorrowland
Prince Eric will be meeting with Ariel as well

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Also, Jack, Sally, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, and the Dwarfs are expected to be non-signing. I'd assume Moana will be signing autographs during MNSSHP, can you confirm @SpectroBro?
Also worth noting Moana has replaced Mulan in the Steamboat Willie scene in Fantasmic!
I'm not sure on the signature, but I would assume so.

IanDLBZF

Main Street, U.S.A.

Adventureland
  • Tarzan, Jane and Terk
  • Captain Jack Sparrow

Liberty Square

Fantasyland
  • Ariel, Prince Eric
  • Merida

Storybook Circus
  • The Seven Dwarfs
  • Goofy
  • Cruella De Vil

Tomorrowland
Here's an edited version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom