Big changes coming to Boo To You Parade And other MNSSHP changes

tribbleorlfl

What?! You are so lucky. So what happened with Chris?
He seemed...uninterested to do much conversing for anyone there with NBC stuff to be signed (which were the majority of the people I saw in the line). I mentioned that my wife's favorite movie was "Princess Bride," to which he asked " Why do you want this poster signed, then?"

I explained how we're decorating our house in signed Disney posters while thinking, "You just talked yourself out of the additional $40 I was going to spend on one of the Humperdink photos at your table, buster."

Touchdown

Actually Believe does, they upgraded it for 2016, Screams got projections in 2015. I fully expect projections for both shows this year, otherwise they will have guests complaining that they paid extra money to see an "inferior" show.

Disney-Trains

Just looked it up on YouTube.... And yes there are some... Huh. They are pretty simple and of course the castle is low and I watched from back by Coke Corner.

Did they get added part way into the year?

Biff215

Actually Believe does, they upgraded it for 2016, Screams got projections in 2015. I fully expect projections for both shows this year, otherwise they will have guests complaining that they paid extra money to see an "inferior" show.
I wouldn't assume this, even though it's certainly a possibility. I would expect upgrades to both holiday shows in the future, but it clearly didn't happen this year. Trust me I'm hoping for some additions since it's our first MNSSHP, but I'm not going in expecting them, especially since Disney hasn't yet made mention of anything new, which would be to their advantage.

Plus different doesn't necessarily equate to "inferior" as most guests will have the opportunity to experience both shows during a trip. I'm looking forward to that.

Disney-Trains

I saw it at least twice last year... Wow I'm slipping! I would have put all my chips in on that bet! Ha.

Agreed... They are done subtly and with taste.

I wonder if they will skip holiday wishes this year actually... Save it for the Christmas party only? They have made such a big deal about the new fireworks people will want to see it.

I am Timmy

He seemed...uninterested to do much conversing for anyone there with NBC stuff to be signed (which were the majority of the people I saw in the line). I mentioned that my wife's favorite movie was "Princess Bride," to which he asked " Why do you want this poster signed, then?"

I explained how we're decorating our house in signed Disney posters while thinking, "You just talked yourself out of the additional $40 I was going to spend on one of the Humperdink photos at your table, buster."
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm not sure why some stars show up to fan events and then behave as if they don't want to be there. We love Princess Bride!

matt clark

My daughter will be SUPER excited if they plug in the Descendants. She loved it. I thought it was kind of low budget, but the music was very enjoyable.

iMax

I wonder if they will skip holiday wishes this year actually... Save it for the Christmas party only? They have made such a big deal about the new fireworks people will want to see it.

Or pull a Hollywood Studios and show both Happily Ever After and Holiday Wishes in the same night on non-party nights.

Spike-in-Berlin

We did the MNSSHP in 2012 once, the boo too you parade was the ONLY reason I would do it again (and the vanilla scented fog at the HM) but the rather disappointing quality of the treats, the less than impressive villains show and the fact that you can watch Hallowishes (or what it is called now) from outside the park makes it very unlikely. We consider the entire event heavily overpriced and will not do it again.

SoManyWasps

We did the MNSSHP in 2012 once, the boo too you parade was the ONLY reason I would do it again (and the vanilla scented fog at the HM) but the rather disappointing quality of the treats, the less than impressive villains show and the fact that you can watch Hallowishes (or what it is called now) from outside the park makes it very unlikely. We consider the entire event heavily overpriced and will not do it again.
The price is a little steep, but in my opinion early Halloween/Christmas parties are the best way to do MK. You can basically cover the whole park in 6 hours and almost every ride will be a walk on. Two Halloweens ago I rode Seven Dwarves Mine Train three times in thirty minutes. The PhotoPass opportunities are top notch at Halloween, and I consider the special character meet and greets a bonus.

Brad Bishop

I never went for the candy or the hot chocolate / cookies at Christmas. It basically boils down to the parade and decorations. There's really no reason they couldn't dump the candy / cookie stations and just do the parade at night during each season for regular ticket holders...

...except that they want to sell the park twice.

I mentioned in another thread that I'm going this year and I paid, after taxes, a little over $100/head to get in. That's pretty steep for what amounts to a parade, granted, one of their best, and it'll be the last time I do that.

The past parties I've been two were all fairly crowded. I think that if you forego the parade (really the main reason to buy the ticket) then, yes, you can probably get on a bunch of rides because everyone is crowded around Main St. Still, after the parade I don't remember ever thinking, "The crowd is so low I can ride whatever I like!" It really just felt like an average crowd after. Not super thick, but certainly not an exclusive-type event.

I really think that they ought to just roll the parade into the normal days, at this point and dump the parties. I'm probably in the minority here but they're selling the park twice to offer, essentially, a parade which would have otherwise just been the nighttime parade during that season, and barrels of candy / cookie stations. Everything else is the same.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I never went for the candy or the hot chocolate / cookies at Christmas. It basically boils down to the parade and decorations. There's really no reason they couldn't dump the candy / cookie stations and just do the parade at night during each season for regular ticket holders...

...except that they want to sell the park twice.

I mentioned in another thread that I'm going this year and I paid, after taxes, a little over $100/head to get in. That's pretty steep for what amounts to a parade, granted, one of their best, and it'll be the last time I do that.

The past parties I've been two were all fairly crowded. I think that if you forego the parade (really the main reason to buy the ticket) then, yes, you can probably get on a bunch of rides because everyone is crowded around Main St. Still, after the parade I don't remember ever thinking, "The crowd is so low I can ride whatever I like!" It really just felt like an average crowd after. Not super thick, but certainly not an exclusive-type event.

I really think that they ought to just roll the parade into the normal days, at this point and dump the parties. I'm probably in the minority here but they're selling the park twice to offer, essentially, a parade which would have otherwise just been the nighttime parade during that season, and barrels of candy / cookie stations. Everything else is the same.

You definitely are NOT in the minority, there are a lot of people who think they are selling the park twice from late August thru the end of the year. And they make too much $$$ from these hard-ticket events to dump them, unfortunately. For every person who realizes they are selling the park twice a day with the Halloween and Christmas parties, there are 100 rubes willing to shell out $80-100 a pop to buy tickets to said parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom