Big changes coming to Boo To You Parade And other MNSSHP changes

APiratesLifeForMe

Original Poster
Heard from a reliable source these updates have a chance of coming to BTY! And what the reliability of each is from the source himself. Now of corse things are changing so these may not happen. Take with a grain of salt.
  • ZPP is changing or leaving (Weak)
  • Start float will be updated with the Mickey and Minnie heads from shanghai (STRONG)
  • Peter pan's being replaced with more POTC (weak)
  • Pirates will not be touched (Strong)
  • There will be female Grave diggers (Weak)
  • hoedown scene to get Judy Hopps from Zootopia in her farmer outfit to replace Clara Cluck (Weak)
  • Goofy's Candy co doesn't return and is still WIR themed (STRONG)
  • Descendants replace Villans (Weak)
  • Other minor BTY stuff: Budget Cuts GLORE!: New Outfits for Mickey and Minnie (To fit new head and slimmer body)
Other MNSSHP Stuff:
trick or treating will not expand and will have maybe less spots
MOANA Meeting in adventure land Near Misting Tiki's (Confirmed by @SpectroBro)
Jack Sparrow Returns

Last edited:

TDLFan

I still don't get how Tokyo gets basically a new Halloween AND Christmas parade (in a country where neither are a major holiday) every year, while Florida's Halloween and Christmas parades are a mish mash of floats with some of them being several decades old. Unacceptable. Period.

Ag11gani

I still don't get how Tokyo gets basically a new Halloween AND Christmas parade (in a country where neither are a major holiday) every year, while Florida's Halloween and Christmas parades are a mish mash of floats with some of them being several decades old. Unacceptable. Period.

Because,
A) They are not owned by Disney.
B) If they don't locals won't feel as complelled to go and spend money if they don't have a new parade or event.

Also, they haven't been doing a new parade every year for 7-8 years now, usually each parade lasts for 3 years.
Possibly unpopular opinion, I prefer the WDW halloween and christmas parades to Tokyo's. Yes the floats are old and really shouldn't still be running but the length, the characters and music just make the parade better IMO. And Tokyo's parades have show stops which means they can inflate the length without having to use more floats, which I personally hate.

dreamfinder

Because money. New parades/rethemes of the holiday events lets them create a whole new batch of themed merchandise. New outfits for Duffy et al that people will line up hours for, new popcorn buckets, new cell phone dangly things, etc. They have yet to be able to fully replicate the demand for most of this style of merch in the US. Consumers just seem to be wired differently here.

brb1006

You forgot to mention Tokyo also creates a new version of their Easter parade every few years. Making Tokyo the only Disney Park that celebrates Easter and Spring entirely. In fact, Judy and Nick made their Tokyo debut for this years version.

brb1006

Because,
A) They are not owned by Disney.
B) If they don't locals won't feel as complelled to go and spend money if they don't have a new parade or event.

Also, they haven't been doing a new parade every year for 7-8 years now, usually each parade lasts for 3 years.
Possibly unpopular opinion, I prefer the WDW halloween and christmas parades to Tokyo's. Yes the floats are old and really shouldn't still be running but the length, the characters and music just make the parade better IMO. And Tokyo's parades have show stops which means they can inflate the length without having to use more floats, which I personally hate.
But I love Tokyo's style of show stops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom