News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

BrianLo

Recently released picture of DesertLand...

View attachment 778436

Tho it looks deserted, it is full of kinetic energy. But you won't see it. Just trust the narrative!!

You almost figured out the master plan. Bob just put in an offer for 19.5B + 40B of debt for WB-Discovery. They'll use the change for a Dune kids sand box Beyond Big Thunder. The great Capex decade will thus be finished.

Chef idea Mickey`=

We at Disney can't wait to see the great stories our guests will create in this magical space. You are the story!
Exhaustion and dehydration
(youtube influences verdict day 1)

As if the person who posted months ago about The Tropical America's looking hot and Dry! Further more Desert 🏜 Beyond Big looks to be even more hot and dry! It too no shade!🤪

Starship824

In the Parks
No
There isn’t one. They’re not restrained by how much land they have like they were in Anaheim. It wouldn’t save them much money either. They would lose needed capacity for years.
The most I see them doing is shortening the ROA and adding in the beautiful canyon area with the water falls that they did for DL, well that's what I hope they would do, also it would give more people a reason to go on the riverboat and RR.

EricsBiscuit

They don’t have to eliminate it completely, but here is one guess why they might want to cut it off from the greater resort water system: Better alligator control.
It won’t matter. Every body of fresh water in FL has snakes and gators. They crawl and get everywhere. I have a lake behind me and a lake across the street. Once had a gator come knocking on my glass door in the middle of the night! Insane. The gator catcher was a 5’6” blond lady who was tough as nails and caught the thing while multiple deputies stood by in amazement. It was truly a sight to behold. Anyways, the water system at WDW is all carefully connected.

ETA: the gator was easily between 5’-6’, not the biggest but still large!

OSUPhantom

It won’t matter. Every body of fresh water in FL has snakes and gators. They crawl and get everywhere. I have a lake behind me and a lake across the street. Once had a gator come knocking on my glass door in the middle of the night! Insane. The gator catcher was a 5’6” blond lady who was tough as nails and caught the thing while multiple deputies stood by in amazement. It was truly a sight to behold. Anyways, the water system at WDW is all carefully connected.
This is why I will never live in Florida.

Squishy

ETA: the gator was easily between 5’-6’, not the biggest but still large!
Well did you invite him in? Maybe he just wanted to warm up a bit 😁

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What’s the point of filling in ROA?
ROA takes up as much space as all of TSL, including the TSMM buildings. That's 7 Haunted Mansions.

Right now there is one ride and one walk-thru attraction in that space. So, capacity would be *greatly* increased.

Also, it solves the problem of getting to the expansion area North of HM/RoA and NW of BTM.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It won’t matter. Every body of fresh water in FL has snakes and gators. They crawl and get everywhere. I have a lake behind me and a lake across the street. Anyways, the water system at WDW is all carefully connected.
🤓 umm... technically...

The water system of World Showcase Lagoon and Crescent Lake are not connected. They are raised above the drainage canal level along with most of the surrounding property. When it rains, water from that elevated system overflows into the lower canals.

Of course, that doesn't preclude a crocodilian from climbing up the embankment to enjoy a fish-stocked lake.

Phicinfan

There isn’t one. They’re not restrained by how much land they have like they were in Anaheim. It wouldn’t save them much money either. They would lose needed capacity for years.
You are only thinking of land availability. However, you have to account for the loss of access to maintenance for the Lilly Bell with the expansion north of BTMRR. If they lose that, then you might as well either dock the boat permanently and convert to restaurant(which I believe was one rumor that was floating around), and then potentially convert TSI to some other. So losing the ROA would give full access and more space for whatever they may be adding to do it.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
You are only thinking of land availability. However, you have to account for the loss of access to maintenance for the Lilly Bell with the expansion north of BTMRR. If they lose that, then you might as well either dock the boat permanently and convert to restaurant(which I believe was one rumor that was floating around), and then potentially convert TSI to some other. So losing the ROA would give full access and more space for whatever they may be adding to do it.
I'm not convinced they're willing to spend the money to fill in the ROA. That's a lot of expensive work just to get to a blank slate, from which they'll then build new stuff.

Bocabear

I would hate to lose the kinetics of water activity and TSL...They used to have canoes and keelboats on the river too... It was a busy harbor... Now we are just down to Tom Sawyer rafts and the riverboat. They could probably work around the dry dock and conceal it backstage... but I really hope we don't lose those placemaking details that add so much charm to the park.

Phicinfan

I'm not convinced they're willing to spend the money to fill in the ROA. That's a lot of expensive work just to get to a blank slate, from which they'll then build new stuff.
I don't fully disagree. However, how you "hide" or allow the out exit for Lilly Bell and build and tie in expansion north could be just as challenging or expensive. Who knows.

I will add, even if they fill in ROA(again not saying I am for this) you can maintain TSI as is, just have easier access to it. Or retheme it for some other type of walk around option, and free up more walkway to get to HM and such

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom