News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

FettFan

Epcot gets a Brazilian

Oh My God Wow GIF

FigmentFan82

Speaking of the Shanghai Pirates tech (someone brought it up above), I remember a few years back there were credible rumors that a few of the parks were fighting over who would possibly get the tech (with theme TBD) since the company would not want to have 2 of the same ride tech in WDW, at least of that particular ride tech. Anyone know of any movement and bringing that ride system stateside for any of the proposed blue sky expansion? I feel like that ride system was constantly being talked about as to what and where it could go in WDW but the convo has seemed to have fallen off a cliff

James Alucobond

Speaking of the Shanghai Pirates tech (someone brought it up above), I remember a few years back there were credible rumors that a few of the parks were fighting over who would possibly get the tech (with theme TBD) since the company would not want to have 2 of the same ride tech in WDW, at least of that particular ride tech. Anyone know of any movement and bringing that ride system stateside for any of the proposed blue sky expansion? I feel like that ride system was constantly being talked about as to what and where it could go in WDW but the convo has seemed to have fallen off a cliff
If Villainland is really a thing, I think it could be an awesome vehicle for a "villains unite" ride with a series of vignettes. The most impressive part of Shanghai Pirates where the boats surface would translate perfectly into a mega-Ursula vignette where she calls the shipwrecks up from the ocean depths with Triton's trident.

Bocabear

If Villainland is really a thing, I think it could be an awesome vehicle for a "villains unite" ride with a series of vignettes. The most impressive part of Shanghai Pirates where the boats surface would translate perfectly into a mega-Ursula vignette where she calls the shipwrecks up from the ocean depths with Triton's trident.
That is a great idea!!! In person that ride is so amazing!! The settings are immense and the use of screens is near perfect....
That would make an unbelievable attraction for the Magic Kingdom!!

rd805

how about a Hades / River Styx moment too !

EPCOT-O.G.

I’m not saying it will have staying power, but is there some great Arbiter of Cultural Mindshare out there who’s already rendered his verdict?
I think Moana reached pretty high stratosphere both theatrically and since on streaming. Highly recognizable songs, great film.

It’s popularity will be tested if not diminished by the rushed film later this year.

FettFan

That is a great idea!!! In person that ride is so amazing!! The settings are immense and the use of screens is near perfect....
That would make an unbelievable attraction for the Magic Kingdom!!

Ideally that’s what Tiana’s Bayou Adventure should have been. 🤷🏻‍♂️

cjkeating

I believe all the parks wanted the ride tech until to they saw how much it cost.

doctornick

I have both heard that it would and that it wouldn't, alternately.

Shortening the river seems like a very real consideration, but it would be trickier at MK than it was at DL.
I’d be curious as to why it would be “trickier”.

That said, I’m firmly of the belief that it would be unnecessary. There’s plenty of room north of the RoA if they want. Sure, there might be significant work needed to made it usable but that’s better than shutting down the River and the train (again)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom