News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

sWANNISAX

I doubt we'd see them change anything given the story problems in the two mermaid clones that were not addressed. I feel like you could enter through belle's house exit the other side and travel through the forest to the castle gates and all that could be accomplished in an indoor queue quite effectively.

James Alucobond

I don't think Enchanted Tales needs to go away. Could it make a decent queue for the Tokyo ride? Sure. But it's an actually good meet and greet with an awesome pre-show, some light animatronic elements, and reasonable wait times. I've no idea what its actual throughput is, but it's always felt like the good kind of supplemental capacity at just the right level of desirability that people are always asking them to add.

WaltWiz1901

If they were to put BatB in MK then I hope they would fix some of the pacing and story problems from the Tokyo ride. Maybe completely change the second room.
[Cut] the winter courtyard room that seems to go on forever....make it a pass through...
Word
Hot take: I don't think the Beauty and the Beast ride in Tokyo is all that great.
Maybe not, but they were so close. Smaller teacups, more intimate rooms, better pacing, "Something There" being substituted with a more ride-worthy scene...all of those would do wonders

sWANNISAX

I don't have a problem with smaller attractions I was just trying to come up with a way to add a ride to the area and make it more fleshed out. The BatB area is nicely themed but feels incomplete to me. For me fantasy land is about dark rides and BatB deserves to have its ride especially since it already exists in another park.

Bocabear

I agree...BATB does need it's own ride...as does Tangled....and Alice...Peter Pan could use it's own Miniland with a brand new updated version of the ride, Lost Boys coaster, Pirate ship and mermaid lagoon area...replacing the circus shop, meet and greet, water play area and Goofy coaster. It would be a much bewtter use of that space and woyuld leave the old PPF up for redevelopment as a Tanglked ride across from the Tangled restrooms....which would actually make sense.

SpectreJordan

I would rather them spread the rides out in WS... we only have 3 of them total right now with 2 of them already being next door neighbors.
I definitely get the reasoning but if the other WS rides aren't going to be original ideas then I'd prefer Coco over any other IPs. It'd be a natural fit for the WS on top of being an amazing movie.
Moana belongs in Adventureland. Use that Shanghai pirates tech and build a great e ticket behind pirates and adventure land will be on the map.

Rejigger Frontierland as an easy to west progression. The bears in appalichia. Add more line trees and rocks. Leading into New Orleans around Tiana and then the far west with big thunder and ultimately Mexico. I think that progression fits the idea of the frontier very well from a westward expansion view. I would do giant villains section for the rest to connect back to mansion. And while there back there build the Asian Beauty and the Beast ride and connect it to Belles house. To plus up fantasyland. I'd take out the speedway and use that for some of the fantasy springs attractions. Maybe expand Peter Pan and then the old pan into tangled since we apparently can't get rid of small world.

As much as coco goes with Mexico in Epcot the space for a great ride isn't really there and I would rather they build out other countries. Give us a mulan attraction in China and poppins in UK.

If we're doing tropical americas the you can do encanto in Ak. I hate losing dinosaurs and feel like they should kept the Dino theming and build tropical just where hester and Chester's area is. Restuarantoaurus I think is well themed it's just the other side that isn't.

Hollywood you can do pretty much anything. The different studios as the lands always made the most sense to me but that ship has sailed. Something to take over all of the animation courtyard whether it's Zootopia or something all new would be preferable. Using those available marvel characters would be cool.
They can still technically do this. You won't be entering the actual studios like you used to with Pixar Place but each studio can be represented by one of their series.

You already have Lucasfilm (Star Wars), Pixar (Toy Story) & Muppet Studios. They could add lands for Disney Animation, Fox & Marvel Studios; maybe Zootopia, Planet of the Apes & a Dr Strange/Wakanda combo?

I wonder if it's possible for Disney to buy back individual characters from Universal. Black Panther's presence in Universal is just a picture in a restaurant; so, it wouldn't really hurt Universal to let him go unlike if Disney was trying to get Spidey or Hulk back. I think a Marvel land with Dr Strange & Black Panther headlining it could be pretty big.

seabreezept813

I feel pretty much the same way. While Coco is perhaps my favourite Pixar film and I think a Coco attraction would be great, Gran Fiesta Tour seems to fit the space pretty perfectly as it's one of the few actually good rides you can still just walk onto. Moreover, the space seems to be designed for a ride that attracts almost exactly the wait GFT always has!

I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but I actually quite like Gran Fiesta Tour as a ride. While a revamped El Rio del Tiempo would have been ideal, at least this is using an IP related to the host country to give guests a tour of that country.
Also despite its stereotypes, my husband, who is Brazilian loves the Jose Carioca representation. And clearly we’re never getting that Brazil pavilion…

FettFan

I feel pretty much the same way. While Coco is perhaps my favourite Pixar film and I think a Coco attraction would be great, Gran Fiesta Tour seems to fit the space pretty perfectly as it's one of the few actually good rides you can still just walk onto. Moreover, the space seems to be designed for a ride that attracts almost exactly the wait GFT always has!

I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but I actually quite like Gran Fiesta Tour as a ride. While a revamped El Rio del Tiempo would have been ideal, at least this is using an IP related to the host country to give guests a tour of that country.

They could always presumably build an additional attraction behind the current Mexico pavilion. Maybe get rid of La Cava Del Tequila and turn that into the queue entrance for a Coco e-ticket.

Gran Fiesta would be the Living With The Land to Coco's Soarin'.

Besides it's not like they NEED La Cava there anymore; Epcot is so booze-soaked one errant Luminous spark will turn it into a giant flambe.
gordon ramsay fox GIF by Masterchef

DisneyDodo

They could always presumably build an additional attraction behind the current Mexico pavilion. Maybe get rid of La Cava Del Tequila and turn that into the queue entrance for a Coco e-ticket.

Gran Fiesta would be the Living With The Land to Coco's Soarin'.

Besides it's not like they NEED La Cava there anymore; Epcot is so booze-soaked one errant Luminous spark will turn it into a giant flambe.
gordon ramsay fox GIF by Masterchef
They could also put the ride in the back half of the plot where Royal Sommerhus (Anna & Elsa M&G) sits, with a connection to the Mexico pavilion.

DisneyDodo

If you're going to connect that plot to the pyramid, you'd need to create a high bridge since that's an emergency vehicle route between the two.
Ah, so yea they’d need to build a bridge (for either guests to traverse to get to the ride or for vehicles) or they’d need to reroute the emergency access somewhere else. Doesn’t sound infeasible (but who knows?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom