ebof1023

I think this is just a crappy pic of the model...

However, this doesn't match up at all with the leaked blue prints... Where is the giant mountain that we are supposed to walk up as part of the queue that houses the simulator?
can you or some one post these pictures?

nytimez

I'm not saying it is, but that photo does look a little "shopped". Particularly Bruce Vaughn and Tom Staggs just look a little off. Well, truthfully, they all look a little off in the picture. But then I have to ask, why would they go to such trouble.

I don't think it's shopped. It looks carefully orchestrated to show as little as possible, other than the main characters working together and some evidence that they're actually working on something that they can see, but we can't, as if that alone proves there's something there.

Honestly, it reminds me of the staged photos that come out of places like North Korea.

celluloid

This was such a forced way to say "we are still working on it as of right now" Well after over a year of it being official(who knows how long it has been known on the inside of what they should be working on) one would hope so. I am not saying be a Yes man and don't consider quality of what could be better in everything, but I doubt that this project has done nothing but 'evolved' since announced.

Until a shovel or tractor hits the dirt...it is going to be a long while.

celluloid

Universal is smart. You don't see many Avatar toys, lunchboxes, birthday cakes, T-shirts, video games, books, spin off books, food, beverages etc...

Not every popular statement translates well as a long lasting investment to a theme park.

ChrisM

That pit has clearly been dug to dump the bodies of all of the Na'avi after the massive genocide.

The Na'avi Corpse Pit Boat Adventure is gonna be MAGICal!

IWant2GoNow

Here's what these guys are thinking:

STAGGS: Why did I ever get into bed with James Cameron? Shanghai can't come soon enough. Boy, do I love cheap Chinese labor. And cheap Chinese food. Where's my lunch?

RODHE: This should've been the Beastly Kingdomme. And the park should've been called Animal Realm. And Dinoland U.S.A. should be converted to Australia. And if I crunch my fingers in frustration any harder, I'll turn a lump of coal into a diamond just like Superman.

CAMERON: How did we go from a $600 million budget to $350 million? I hate you guys, you guy-liars! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go on my latest expedition: climbing a chocolate ladder to the moon. Bazinga!

THE THIRD GUY (singing to himself): There was a time when men were kind, and their voices were soft, and their words inviting...

None of them look too enthusiastic about this whole thing. For all we know this picture was taken almost 2 years ago. Staggs looks as if he's saying "We bought this franchise... Do something with it, guys! Oh, & here's the $1000 you get to use to build it". Rodhe looks ed. Like "Why in the world are we bringing Pandora here again?". And Cameron has this very concerned look on his face which I don't like at all. As if to say "THIS is all you've come up with? What did I get myself into?".

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Universal is smart. You don't see many Avatar toys, lunchboxes, birthday cakes, T-shirts, video games, books, spin off books, food, beverages etc...

Not every popular statement translates well as a long lasting investment to a theme park.

Do you really doubt Disney's ability to merchandise the life out of pretty much anything?

twebber55

Do you really doubt Disney's ability to merchandise the life out of pretty much anything?
and to add to that just because they dont have great merchandising doesnt mean it wont be a great experience for guest

i mean the land was incredibly immersive and the rides incredible but the stuff they were selling just wasnt very good

lazyboy97o

I thinking is interesting that Disney chose to use a photo if a model and not drawn art. I think Disney's thought is that most people are used to seeing detailed models of a near final design from Disney. This is not true, as models are built at all stages of design, but I think Disney's hope is that this makes people think there is more than actually exists.

celluloid

I don't even care anymore if there is more than exists or not in compared to what they are planning to what is known, what is truly sad is you have 4 of the the five most visited theme parks in the United States and not a single one of them is getting a new ride or major attraction in the next year(s)

Stagnant laurel resting.

twebber55

I thinking is interesting that Disney chose to use a photo if a model and not drawn art. I think Disney's thought is that most people are used to seeing detailed models of a near final design from Disney. This is not true, as models are built at all stages of design, but I think Disney's hope is that this makes people think there is more than actually exists.
i definitely get what you are saying but didnt spirit say one month ago that cameron gave the ok to the proposed rides

celluloid

No I did not say they would not try, but besides the Duffy marine miners and the Navi'nlmantion line that the Disney fanatics will buy no matter what...there is not a lot in the natural Avatar universe that would make sense to sell nor will anyone feel invested in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom