AVATAR land construction progress

Figment2005

So just making a guestimation, but the top level will house the main support system for the ride, the four floors below that will have ride vehicles that extend out towards the screen, and the bottom will, hopefully, hold theming to bring the whole thing together.

Would ADA compliance be an issue if there was an elevator that could take them to each floor?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm extrapolating about 98 ft to the 245mm mark if that bottom floor extends down the same height as the other floors. This assumes the guy in the picture with hard hat is six feet. Maybe my math is off, but this is just based off the picture and a ruler and assumptions.
245/15 = 16.3 * 6 foot person = 97.8
Yes? No?
View attachment 91327

I assumed he was 6' tall, but then deducted 4 inches or so since he's not standing up straight. However, average height is 5'9" or 5'10". I could then deduct several inches from that. So, I think we'll all get around 80-100. You're math is not off. I did the same thing. Just played with the numbers some to see what range of answers I would get. It is hard to get below 80 feet and hard to get over 105 feet unless something really, really weird is going on.

I also played with different heights for the bottom, 2 -8 feet or so. However, I think it is on the smaller side (maybe 3 or 4 feet until ground) based on the tops of items I think I see.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Might as well go for it since I'm setting a precedent with 4 posts in a row which is a major message board faux pas. If we're talking about rockwork, the name Zsolt Horrmay should always be mentioned since that name is beyond awesome. I hope there is some kind of Zsolt Hormay display/how the land was made area/tribute. If we're lucky, there may one day be a Zsolt Hormay rockwork land in a major themed amusement park. I would always type the name and never use the acronym.

twebber55

I assumed he was 6' tall, but then deducted 4 inches or so since he's not standing up straight. However, average height is 5'9" or 5'10". I could then deduct several inches from that. So, I think we'll all get around 80-100. You're math is not off. I did the same thing. Just played with the numbers some to see what range of answers I would get. It is hard to get below 80 feet and hard to get over 105 feet unless something really, really weird is going on.

I also played with different heights for the bottom, 2 -8 feet or so. However, I think it is on the smaller side (maybe 3 or 4 feet until ground) based on the tops of items I think I see.
I agree
cant see below 80 or above 100'

Tom

Beta Return
im just wondering how they re going to hide this massive building
@Tom @danlb_2000 @Master Yoda give me your best guess as to how tall this building is?

I'm extrapolating about 98 ft to the 245mm mark if that bottom floor extends down the same height as the other floors. This assumes the guy in the picture with hard hat is six feet. Maybe my math is off, but this is just based off the picture and a ruler and assumptions.
245/15 = 16.3 * 6 foot person = 97.8
Yes? No?
View attachment 91327

About 76' to that roof seen in the photo.

So just making a guestimation, but the top level will house the main support system for the ride, the four floors below that will have ride vehicles that extend out towards the screen, and the bottom will, hopefully, hold theming to bring the whole thing together.

Would ADA compliance be an issue if there was an elevator that could take them to each floor?

Two theaters are specifically ADA compliant.

Tom

Beta Return
That's the way I understood it as well, but if there was a central elevator wouldn't all the theaters be capable of being ADA compliant?

The only elevators are BOH (Back of House). Two of the theaters discharge to an Exit Vestibule that exits the building at third floor "grade" (meaning that side of the building has built up land outside it that leads to the first ride level, which is several feet above ground level, and which is also the level the queue enters the building). The other two theaters discharge into another Exit Vestibule, which leads to stairs back down to a common exit corridor below the "ride levels".

And the floating mountains are rumored to be 199', right? That will be huge from the parking lot.

No idea.

We don't know the details of the ride system, the accessibility may have to do with actually getting into the ride seat.

Possibly this too, but primarily due to the entry and egress for those two theaters.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

And if the guy in the picture is a midget we're looking at 150 ft at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom