AVATAR land construction progress

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
As impressive as I think the 'floating' mountains are, in my humblest of humble opinions- they still don't look "floating" to me. Maybe they will when I'm standing under one.

Regardless, the land so far looks absolutely amazing. Just not sold on the floating part.

It has been a problem ever since the plan didn't work out....

I'm a bit nervous that the plans say, "10/15- Remove sticks. Hope rocks stay like in the movie."

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
This thread in now about 3 1/2 years old with over 1 million views, and now we are only about a month out...almost surreal. It's been a long journey.

Many moons ago (was this announced in 2011?)...I was out on the west coast at a conference. I took a break one day and visited DL with two of our long time forum members (@James and @Laura ). Laura and I were in DL and James (he was later due to coming from work) came up to us waving his cell phone saying, "They're building an Avatar land at Animal Kingdom..." I thought about it for 5-10 seconds and said, "That's a really good idea." It has been a long, long wait.

Incomudro

I think whining about the whiners is equally as bad, if not worse because the people who whine about the whiners think they're better and look down on them when really they're not.

Pretty sad don't you think? ;)
No, because it's not the same thing.
There are posters here - as the Dan deesnee has quickly come to realize - that focus on the negative, and hope for failure.
I'm on a forum for my car: a VW MK7 GTI.
When I was on the MK6 GTI forum, and the MK7 GTI was being released and showing up at auto shows - there were forum members hell bent on finding flaws in the MK7 and reporting them back.
Going to the car shows, and posting all these things about what a step down the MK7 was (it isn't - it's a step up) how much VW cheapened its quality, (they didn't) and how much worse looking it was. (That parts subjective, but to my eyes it's much better looking.)
It's a similar phenomena here.

Mike S

No, because it's not the same thing.
There are posters here - as the Dan deesnee has quickly come to realize - that focus on the negative, and hope for failure.
I'm on a forum for my car: a VW MK7 GTI.
When I was on the MK6 GTI forum, and the MK7 GTI was being released and showing up at auto shows - there were forum members hell bent on finding flaws in the MK7 and reporting them back.
Going to the car shows, and posting all these things about what a step down the MK7 was (it isn't - it's a step up) how much VW cheapened its quality, (they didn't) and how much worse looking it was. (That parts subjective, but to my eyes it's much better looking.)
It's a similar phenomena here.
So do what I do: laugh as you scroll by their nonsense. There's really only one person here I can think of that absolutely hopes for failure in everything Disney does no matter how great it actually is. One.

Last edited:

Incomudro

So do what I do: laugh as you scroll by their nonsense. There's really only one person here I can think of that absolutely hopes for failure in everything Disney does now matter how great it actually is. One.

I actually do laugh as I scroll by.
When I see the nature of that type of post, I often go right past it.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 20. The new bus transportation shelter is getting painted, with finishing touches. Additional plantings on the berm behind are filling in the open spaces.

IMG_9488.JPG

Landscaping along the new pavement walkway to the park entrance is being installed.

IMG_9485.JPG

Green-tinted concrete was poured today to connect the new bus shelter with the existing park entrance pavement.

IMG_9487.JPG

IMG_9486.JPG

The green tarp under the bridge covering the secondary or rear entrance to Pandora has been removed, but the construction wall behind the Festival of the Lion King restrooms remains.

IMG_9490.JPG

IMG_9492.JPG

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I just noted the date this thread was created. Wow, just wow. And still the latest posts are still scenery as are the Disney official videos. At least this hype will soon come to an end and we will all see if the hype is all that was promised.

djkidkaz

Photo update as of Thursday, April 20. The new bus transportation shelter is getting painted, with finishing touches. Additional plantings on the berm behind are filling in the open spaces.

View attachment 200458

Landscaping along the new pavement walkway to the park entrance is being installed.

View attachment 200459

Green-tinted concrete was poured today to connect the new bus shelter with the existing park entrance pavement.

View attachment 200460

View attachment 200461

The green tarp under the bridge covering the secondary or rear entrance to Pandora has been removed, but the construction wall behind the Festival of the Lion King restrooms remains.

View attachment 200463

View attachment 200464

What was the purpose of the black tarp under the bridge when they already had the wall there?

matt9112

I dubbed this site "Walt Disney World Whiners."

I think it's likely the only forum where open ended discussion occurres on the level it does. Most fan sites and groups are EXTREMLY defensive of everything TWDC does and all you hear is good things and that's a falsehood there are truths to the complaints you find here. By far the best informed forum period.

matt9112

It's always good to hear all sides or at least it is in my mind. Sometimes the thoughts to do seem to be written by people who very well may have some sort of mental illness but that just makes it more fun.
I know I love throwing in comments about scooters, fat people or wildly out of shape people just to get someone to go off the rails. Doesn't usually take long for that to happen.

I think ECV users should have to use two FPs for each selection they want :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom