aladdin2007

Think how amazing all this would really be if it were at Tokyo Disney Sea, that boat ride would be incredible and probably look just like the concept art. Hopefully by the time its all said and done it will at least retain something close to it if they dont chop the budget to death. With Cameron on board Im hoping he wont let that happen.

Bocabear

Look at the concept art of the family exploring Pandora...now add 400 people, 125 strollers, barriers and railings keeping you away from the show elements...drop out the distant backgrounds because they will never build them, and what you will end up with will be closer to the walkways around the tree of life with some added animatronic animals and things....the land looks like it will have a simulator attraction and an indoor boat ride....and I am sure a restaurant and gift shop...Hardly the OMG Spectacular they are hyping... But let's see what they actually build. I am sure the set pieces under Joe 's direction will be beautiful....I just doubt you will ever have the experience depicted in the artwork.

aladdin2007

Look at the concept art of the family exploring Pandora...now add 400 people, 125 strollers, barriers and railings keeping you away from the show elements...drop out the distant backgrounds because they will never build them, and what you will end up with will be closer to the walkways around the tree of life with some added animatronic animals and things....the land looks like it will have a simulator attraction and an indoor boat ride....and I am sure a restaurant and gift shop...Hardly the OMG Spectacular they are hyping... But let's see what they actually build. I am sure the set pieces under Joe 's direction will be beautiful....I just doubt you will ever have the experience depicted in the artwork.

man I like the fantasy version much better lolol, but your right thats probably exactly what will happen.

SirLink

Depends on if you call an Omnimax an E. Most of today's Epcot guests seem to, or maybe they're just looking for something good to do.

As it stands the third ride - the big E - still isn't green.

Ah I thought they would be using the Vekoma style soarin system?

RSoxNo1

For a media company, they truly do not get how to handle basic communication.

I get that they have pressured the OLC about a version of Pandora, but, seriously, at the D23 Expo in Anaheim you showcase things like Mystic Manor, which most Americans will never see. And in Tokyo, you show off art that you had two months ago for a WDW project that most Japanese will not see.

Do they even think about these things at all?
This makes very little sense to me, but in their defense, Disney's marketing department hasn't shown much competence in the last few years. I know this isn't driven by marketing but monkey see, monkey do.

BryceM

Let me ask you this...how does the Wizarding World of Harry Potter fit in with Islands of Adventure? Hogwarts wasn't on an island. See what I did? I took one simple aspect of the theme of Islands of Adventure to prove my case but it's ridiculous because at least the "Adventure" part works. Same with Avatar in Animal Kingdom...sure the animals aren't based on Earth, but the theme of conservation fits.
You could argue that since it's literature, it fits. IOA is based around comic books, mythology, children's books, cartoon strips, the Jurassic Park series and the Harry Potter series. They're all different forms of literature.

You could argue that Jurassic Park and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter are visually taken from the movie adaptations, but at the core, they were books first.

I DO think that Avatar is a good fit for DAK.

northmusic

Based on the concept art, this looks like it will be a really good experience for guests. I personally think it belongs in Hollywood Studios though from a theme standpoint. DHS also needs it more imo.

During our last visit in August, we really enjoyed our time at MK, Epcot, and AK. After spending a day at DHS though, I came away thinking the park desperately needed some TLC. With that said, inserting this concept into DHS, while also adding Star Wars land would really put that park on the map again.

backinaction

I think you nailed it here. The artwork is clearly over-hyped to get everyone excited. If half of the stuff in those pics are actually built, I would be shocked!

Disneykidder

I feel as though I am late in the game here but it has only been 10 hours. Anyway, I think the concept art looks fantastic. I AM NOT an Avatar fan (ducks from flying tomatoes) but I do think it looks cool in the pics. I know my kids and hubby are quite excited for this addition which makes me happy...more reasons to go to WDW. I am still a little perplexed as to why it was put in AK but it will be a great addition to the park. It needs something...a hook.

afar28

So Avatarland will feature a boat ride and the Soarin 2.0, correct?
Because some people have mentioned 3 rides so i just wanted to make sure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom