Mike S

Are we still talking about the boat ride or the Flight? What would have drone have to do with a boat ride?
What indeed...
avatar_Full_24798.jpg;width=630;height=422;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

articos

The big challenge I would see this this is flight time. Using something like this in a night time show would make sense because the flight time wouldn't be a big issue, but I am not sure how this would work for a ride that has to run all day.
Night time show, sure. Ride cycles, 99.9% will not be fixed and will be replaced. Could be surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. If they tried to put drones in a ride, whoever tried to put this in a ride has never done a ride before, or they're really, really naive/optimistic. Also, RoL is not the first use of drones in a theme park, if what's being being reported here is the case. There are parks in Asia using them for shows and they work nicely once the programming is locked.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Night time show, sure. Ride cycles, 99.9% will not be fixed and will be replaced. Could be surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. Whoever tried to put this in a ride has never done a ride before, or they're really, really naive/optimistic. Also, RoL is not the first use of drones in a theme park. There are parks in Asia using them for shows and they work nicely once the programming is locked.

Is ROL supposed to use drowns?

WDWbuff2001

I really hope they don't cancel this boat ride! I love boat rides, and we only have one in AK which is Kali River Rapids! The only reason why I hope they don't cancel it is because I have a lot of family members that have bad necks and can't do intense things, but can do small things like Dumbo, Frozen Ever After, and Soarin. I'm not gonna name all of them.. Please Disney don't cancel this boat ride, I will be devastated!

twebber55

I really hope they don't cancel this boat ride! I love boat rides, and we only have one in AK which is Kali River Rapids! The only reason why I hope they don't cancel it is because I have a lot of family members that have bad necks and can't do intense things, but can do small things like Dumbo, Frozen Ever After, and Soarin. I'm not gonna name all of them.. Please Disney don't cancel this boat ride, I will be devastated!
its not cancelled
will open with the rest of the land

Slowjack

I would agree that the title makes this thread seem silly and pointless, but it does seem to be the place to speculate on the ride in general. Where else would I have learned about the "drowns"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom