Are you trying anything new on your next trip?

jasmine217

Are you trying anything new and noteworthy on your next trip? I don't know if it's possible NOT to do something new, but I suppose there are those dedicated to the old and familiar :) nothing wrong with that, but this is my list for my July 21-27 trip:

- Animal Kingdom -- husband and I have both never been (in spite of multiple visits to the other WDW parks). With Pandora being open by that time, I'm excited to experience it.

- Resort hopping -- tentative plans include all of the Monorail-connected resorts and Boardwalk, but I need to do more research on this...I'd like to find a good brunch spot along the way.

- Planet Hollywood restaurant at DS -- I know, I know...this isn't in most "top 10" lists I see, but I let the husband pick our dinner spot for the first night, and this place screams "Orlando vacation" to him. I've also heard it has a fantastic view of all of DS from the outdoor eating area.

- Evening EMH at Epcot and MK -- this is another "I know, I know..." one, but I think it could be really fantastic for two childless adults. Epcot EMH will help us avoid the shadeless heat of Epcot during the day, and MK until 1 AM should be a good last hurrah to round out our trip.

BigRedDad

We will be. Most of it is new since we have been there. Some of it is things we just never tried. Here is a list from memory:
Blizzard Beach
Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain (will be new for DD)
Epcot WS (we have visited the countries, but never really explored them. We will do that this trip)
Jawa Trading
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
New Pixar Pals musical
Animal Kingdom at night (we have been at night but only Dinoland was open)
River of Light
Pandora
Round of miniature golf at one of them

Upvote 0

LeighM

I'm still anxiously waiting for them to release dates for 2018 packages but will definitely be doing new things. I try to do at least 2-3 new things each trip. For 2018, we'll be taking our first Disney cruise. We'll be staying 3-4 nights at WDW prior to the cruise and we'll either be staying at Pop or rent last minute points at DVC at deeply discounted prices (both would be new to us). I want to see Pandora and Rivers of Light. And we'll try a few restaurants we've never been to before. My husband doesn't love WDW as much as I do so I try to add new experiences for him so he doesn't get totally bored :)

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

This trip we are trying a ton of new things.
Chef Mickeys
Ohana
1900 Park Fare ---All of the above give us a chance to check out the deluxe resorts since we have never been.
Sci-Fi Dine In

Attraction wise we will be riding Frozen, BTMRR, Toy Story Midway, for the first time. We will also be seeing Fantasmic and Rivers of Light of the first time.

We will also be staying at POR, first time staying in a moderate resort.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

Riding Frozen Ever After
Hidden Mickey Hunting at Boardwalk - We are doing a different resort section each trip. Started this last trip and loved it!

Epcot Flower Festival

Rented pontoon boat for family to watch Illuminations. This is a splurge as a thanks to my family for their support during a long-term illness that affected all of our lives. It's a surprise for them.

Rivers of Light

Booked several new restaurants to us, but cancelled and made ressies to our usual places.

Upvote 0

carriebeth

eating at some places we have never tried before: Biergarten, Tusker House, Whispering Canyon, Teppan

Trying dinner menu at Askerhaus, only ever done breakfast

Trying a dinner show Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Staying at Port Orleans Riverside

A couple of my boys were going to do the Pirate Adventure Cruise from RIverside but they are cancelling that location all together. So I am not sure if they will be able to do it now.

Upvote 0

belledream

We're planning to spend an entire day at Disney Springs and resort hop around the area. Saratoga Springs is the only deluxe I've never been to, and I'm looking to enjoy a peaceful boat ride along the Sassagoula River while visiting Port Orleans. :)

Upvote 0

becca_

Enchanted Tiki Room, we've always just skipped over it. And while we're on that note, a dole whip! Never appealed to me but it just seems right to try it at least once.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

New resort (Riverside)
New dining (WL - Geyser Point; EP - Sunshine Seasons; YC - Captain's Grille; POR - Boatwright's; GF - Grand Floridian Cafe)
New shows/attractions/tours (Rivers of Light; Behind the Seeds; English tea garden tour)

And generally a new approach: not planning out every single second of every day. We're hoping to be more intentional about experiencing the atmosphere on Main Street, U.S.A. (trolley show, Dapper Dans, etc.), and the AK nightlife, and are building in some more downtime at our resort than is usual for us.

Upvote 0

cheshiresmile

This will be out longest trip ever, so plan to do some resort hopping as well. The monorail resorts and Boardwalk also. DS has never been, and DD was under 2 the last time, so it's basically all new for them! Their little minds are going to be totally blown! They are also doing the Pirate Adventure Cruise. We will be doing character meals for the first time, and PPO ADR also (I never even knew that was a thing!) Also it will be our first time at AoA. Our last trip was 7 years ago so there are a lot of new things, FEA etc. We are also doing Hoop Dee Doo, and while my dad and I have been, the other 4 in our party have not.

Upvote 0

wwmmd

We're doing lots of new things on our trip this September. First it's just going to be me and my daughters making the trip. We're flying in and taking the DME (first time ever for my girls to fly - and this will be their 7th visit). We're staying at Coronado Springs for the first time. We're going to try some new restaurants: The Garden Grill & Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Of course Pandora will be new for us and we want to see RoL. My girls have never been to the boardwalk so I want to go there and visit Ample Hills and play putt putt. I can't wait!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom