Are you trying anything new on your next trip?

jasmine217

Are you trying anything new and noteworthy on your next trip? I don't know if it's possible NOT to do something new, but I suppose there are those dedicated to the old and familiar :) nothing wrong with that, but this is my list for my July 21-27 trip:

- Animal Kingdom -- husband and I have both never been (in spite of multiple visits to the other WDW parks). With Pandora being open by that time, I'm excited to experience it.

- Resort hopping -- tentative plans include all of the Monorail-connected resorts and Boardwalk, but I need to do more research on this...I'd like to find a good brunch spot along the way.

- Planet Hollywood restaurant at DS -- I know, I know...this isn't in most "top 10" lists I see, but I let the husband pick our dinner spot for the first night, and this place screams "Orlando vacation" to him. I've also heard it has a fantastic view of all of DS from the outdoor eating area.

- Evening EMH at Epcot and MK -- this is another "I know, I know..." one, but I think it could be really fantastic for two childless adults. Epcot EMH will help us avoid the shadeless heat of Epcot during the day, and MK until 1 AM should be a good last hurrah to round out our trip.

mariak

Husband and I will have some new things this trip:
1- AKL - our first Deluxe stay together
2- Boma
3- Jiko
4- Rivers of Light
5- Frozen
6- Seven Dwarfs (we haven't been there since Feb. 2014 :)

He'll also be doing peter pan & splash for the first time. Splash was closed last time we went (his first time) and the line for peter pan was always outrageous and we used our FP's elsewhere. Can't wait! 8 more days!

edit - can't count ;)

Upvote 0

PrincessL

-Staying at Poly, first deluxe stay
-Restaurants: Kona, Mama Melrose, Garden Grill, BoG dinner & Bon Voyage breakfast, Blaze
-Pirate and Pal fireworks...most excited about this!
-Rides: FEA, Soarin (DH took our oldest last time and youngest DS flipped out when I tried to do RS!), Jungle Cruise...got to see what the hype is about!

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

-Staying at Poly, first deluxe stay
-Restaurants: Kona, Mama Melrose, Garden Grill, BoG dinner & Bon Voyage breakfast, Blaze
-Pirate and Pal fireworks...most excited about this!
-Rides: FEA, Soarin (DH took our oldest last time and youngest DS flipped out when I tried to do RS!), Jungle Cruise...got to see what the hype is about!
We loved Pirates and Pals. Have a super trip!

Upvote 0

21stamps

This will be out longest trip ever, so plan to do some resort hopping as well. The monorail resorts and Boardwalk also. DS has never been, and DD was under 2 the last time, so it's basically all new for them! Their little minds are going to be totally blown! They are also doing the Pirate Adventure Cruise. We will be doing character meals for the first time, and PPO ADR also (I never even knew that was a thing!) Also it will be our first time at AoA. Our last trip was 7 years ago so there are a lot of new things, FEA etc. We are also doing Hoop Dee Doo, and while my dad and I have been, the other 4 in our party have not.

The pirate adventure cruise is adorable!! And-- Free Mickey Ears!

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

We ALWAYS do something new on every trip! Whether it be a new restaurant, show, ride, or resort, we look forward to thinking of things we haven't experienced.

April of 2015 we stayed at POR for the first time
July of 2015 we tried Yachtsman, Boma and stayed at POFQ for the first time
April of 2016 we did the Country Bears and Mama Melrose
February of 2017 we tried Friar's nook,Spirit of Aloha,FEA and became AP holders
August of 2017 we have an ADR for BOG dinner

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mrhappyplace

DW and I always plan some new experiences ones we have planned for our trip which is 1 month away are

Caribbean Beach Resort (1st stay in a moderate)
Morimoto Asia
Hollywood Brown Derby
Tiffins
Rivers of Light
Biergarten
Liberty Tree Tavern
Trattiria al Forna breakfast (1st character meal I could have lived without ever doing a character meal)
Boathouse(1st Baked Alaska)

All but Biergarten are new to her too.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

POR-Riverside is new for us. So are the FP+ and the Magic Bands. :) We are also doing CRT, BOG, and Akershus are all new for us as well. So are Morimoto Asia, Crystal Palace, Yachtsman, Chefs de France, and the Hollywood and Vine. And I guess Pandora. :D

Also, Frozen, All of New Fantasyland, 7 Dwarves, and the new version of TT are new for all of us.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We'll try the Nine Dragons restaurant and The Coral Reef for the first time.
I'm hoping not to start to break down when our trip is halfway over. Odds are against that.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

Really? I see different things in different places. Some say bandana, some say their kids din't get anything. Either way, it's a surprise and I know they'll have a blast!
We got bandanas, no ears and all the kids won something from the treasure box during the boat ride while playing trivia. It was all various little pirate themed trinkets. There were also many packaged snacks left over from the mingle portion of the event and cast members encouraged parents to take them and use them for the remainder of the trip. All the families left with many extra snacks and they came in handy during the rest of our vacation.

Upvote 0

Emadsen

Our new things to try this time:
1- Our first split stay from our first value (all star movies) to our first deluxe (Boardwalk)
2-Typhoon Lagoon
3- Our first stay longer than 4 nights. Mostly to encourage me not to be a park commando and make hubby regret taking another Disney trip.
4- Our first signature dining experience
5- Pandora (I'm really hoping this is going to make me like AK)
6- Pizza Rizzo

Upvote 0

disneyfirstLJ

We have a few new things planned:
O'hana
Moriomoto Asia
Tusker House
Rivers of Light
Animal Kingdom at night
Frozen Ever After
Splash Mtn
Fantasmic
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
Disney Floral & Gifts (gift for daughter)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom