Arabian Camels coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Opportune day to make an announcement on camels
hqdefault.jpg

djkidkaz

You know when I read about the Winged Encounters show I thought it was just another waste of time and money. Even though its a simple show, its actually fantastic! I also enjoy listening to the animal handlers when they are speaking to the crowd about the animals, so something similar with camels could be interesting. I know this sounds like a weird idea, but if done right, it could be a good addition.

gonnichi

I hope that the general pubic likes the new addition of camels. I have a friend who owns a llama farm and he has several camels. Camels seem to be to simple and ordinary for me. There are even camel dairy farms in America today. I want something more exotic and rare like pandas, lol. just me wishing for the impossible. Seriously I hope they will be a good addition to AK and to the guests experience with animals at AK.

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

I'm a big fan of adding shows and attractions to AK. =) Great move!

Slightly off-topic, but do you think if they continue to add shows and experiences and not a ton of rides (yes I know Avatar is coming) that people will continue to view it as a zoo and not a theme park? Please Disney add a few more rides to this park so people can enjoy both- amazing animals and enjoyable rides.

Brian Swan

I like the addition; I'm all for more close-up animal encounters, and they are certainly appropriate for Africa. Pandas have been mentioned a number of times, and I think that would be a great addition - but I believe that it still requires diplomatic negotiations with China to get permission to have them. But am I the only one who has noticed that "Asia" is devoted almost entirely to India nd Tibet, with virtually no reference to China or Japan? And I've also thought it odd that there are no Asian elephants to be seen in the park; they are very "popular" animals, and are a staple in virtually every animal park/zoo that I have been to.

Seabasealpha1

I like the addition; I'm all for more close-up animal encounters, and they are certainly appropriate for Africa. Pandas have been mentioned a number of times, and I think that would be a great addition - but I believe that it still requires diplomatic negotiations with China to get permission to have them. But am I the only one who has noticed that "Asia" is devoted almost entirely to India nd Tibet, with virtually no reference to China or Japan? And I've also thought it odd that there are no Asian elephants to be seen in the park; they are very "popular" animals, and are a staple in virtually every animal park/zoo that I have been to.
The jungle cruise has Asian elephants...

They even have their trunks on! And they spray water!

at least...Most people think it's water but it's not. ;)

doctornick

Soooooo, I assume they are building an Arabia section to the park? Because last I checked, Arabia wasn't in Africa.

Maybe they should just put them in Arendelle.

I thought someone said around the Tree of Life, which would put it on Discovery Island, which is kinda non-geographically specific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom