Arabian Camels coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

DABIGCHEEZ

Add an exhibit with keeper presentations, since they are African but not native to the Serengeti.

A new show with colorful winged flying Macaws and parrots is great... a camel show, not so much IMO.

Hmm Camel interaction...Now 5 -on-5 Camel polo sounds interesting though!

NeXuS1000

Soooooo, I assume they are building an Arabia section to the park? Because last I checked, Arabia wasn't in Africa.

Maybe they should just put them in Arendelle.

Ehrm, you do know that Arabia is not a continent, right? And that the arabian countries are part of Asia, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia

Maybe you should get your facts straight before complaining ;)

Jon81uk

. But am I the only one who has noticed that "Asia" is devoted almost entirely to India nd Tibet, with virtually no reference to China or Japan? And I've also thought it odd that there are no Asian elephants to be seen in the park; they are very "popular" animals, and are a staple in virtually every animal park/zoo that I have been to.

Japan and China are represented at Epcot though so unless they add relevant animals there isn't a huge need to duplicate the theming that exists at Epcot. Other than Pandas what animals would you add from Japan or China?

Also it seems pointless to have African and Asian Elephants in the same park, if you have one of the two there isn't a huge need to add the other.

Adding some kind of Australia areas would be the next step in my opinion for adding a larger range of animals.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Soooooo, I assume they are building an Arabia section to the park? Because last I checked, Arabia wasn't in Africa.

Maybe they should just put them in Arendelle.
You should have checked where the animal actually lives. Arabian Camel is the name of the animal, but not the only place they are found. Their range is the Arabian peninsula and virtually all of northern Africa. So, thematically appropriate.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

They used to have camel rides at the Tennessee State Fair when I was little (don't know if they still do). And they have a county fair where I live now (Naples FL) that I know has them. Can't imagine they're very rare. I'd also guess that traditional Ringling Bros circuses probably have them too (can't recall).

Glad to have any new animals we can get regardless though. Seems like more animals and/or exhibits are either missing or empty compared to a few years back. One example during my visit last week, there weren't any flamingos at the Oasis anymore with the spoonbills (I hope this isn't permanent).

Last edited:

Wikkler

You should have checked whether the animal actually lives. Arabian Camel is the name of the animal, but not the only place they are found. Their range is the Arabian peninsula and virtually all of northern Africa. So, thematically appropriate.
Harambe doesn't appear to be in northern Africa, and Kilimanjaro Safaris supports this.

majortom1981

They used to have camel rides at the Tennessee State Fair when I was little (don't know if they still do). And they have a county fair where I live now (Naples FL) that I know has them. Can't imagine they're very rare. I'd also guess that traditional Ringling Bros circuses probably have them too (can't recall).

Glad to have any new animals we can get regardless though. Seems like more animals and/or exhibits are either missing or empty compared to a few years back. One example during my visit last week, there weren't any flamingos at the Oasis anymore with the spoonbills (I hope this isn't permanent).

The naples zoo has them to ride also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom