American Idol: Season 9

nibblesandbits

So...I'm supposed to be on my way up to Hollywood right now to go to American Idol! My sister and I signed up on the waiting list for tickets over a year ago, and finally got some! :sohappy:

3zpa

The problem: the tickets they gave us were in my sister's name, and she lives in NY and can't make it. :dazzle:

They wouldn't switch the tickets over to my name either, because we have different last names.

So here I sit with my 2 Idol tickets, and I'll be watching the show on TV tonight like the rest of y'all. :mad: :hammer:
Boo...that sucks!!!!! I'd think if the ticket was given to you, you could go. :fork:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So...I'm supposed to be on my way up to Hollywood right now to go to American Idol! My sister and I signed up on the waiting list for tickets over a year ago, and finally got some! :sohappy:

3zpa

The problem: the tickets they gave us were in my sister's name, and she lives in NY and can't make it. :dazzle:

They wouldn't switch the tickets over to my name either, because we have different last names.

So here I sit with my 2 Idol tickets, and I'll be watching the show on TV tonight like the rest of y'all. :mad: :hammer:

What? They're going to check ID? :rolleyes:

Go! Two people show up with two tickets... They'll let you in.

Laura

Premium Member
What? They're going to check ID? :rolleyes:

Go! Two people show up with two tickets... They'll let you in.

"Vouchers are not transferrable under ANY conditions. The name on this ticket must match the ID of the ticket holder."

Too late now anyway. I'll get in there someday.

imagineer boy

Wow, for the first time this season almost all of them were pretty good. Here's my bottom 3:

Tim Urban (although he was much better)
Aaron Kelly
Anderw Garcia (possibly going home)

But was up with the big pipes?! I mean... why? Just why? :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Wow, for the first time this season almost all of them were pretty good. Here's my bottom 3:

Aaron Kelly

I actually really liked the bag pipes! Very "Off Kilter"-esque!

I really didn't like Katie, the pacing seemed wrong and I just couldn't get into it.

I was genuinely impressed with Andrew, I thought he did a really good rockabilly take on the song and "made it his own" in a good way.

Laura

Premium Member
I thought Siobhan was horrid. So disappointed with her this week.

Everyone else - awesome! Can't go wrong with that kind of music. Katie was great IMO!

Uponastar

Aaron Kelly

I'm a huge Beatles fan and I was happy to see just about everyone do a good job with their music.

Agreed that it may be Andrew going home.

Sort of agree about the piper. I think he sounded good and it really complimented the performance, but he could have done without the grand entrance. Too much of a distraction. But it was good for a giggle, at least.

EDIT: Siobhan really needs to find her groove again. She's so darn good, but these past two weeks she's fallen flat.

Laura

Premium Member
Sort of agree about the piper. I think he sounded good and it really complimented the performance, but he could have done without the grand entrance. Too much of a distraction. But it was good for a giggle, at least.

My 6 year old was laughing HYSTERICALLY at the bag piper. It was so funny. :lol:

nibblesandbits

My Top 3 last night was Katie, Casey, and Lee. Thought they all did excellent.

It was a much better night.

As for bottom 3...it's hard this week because everyone did do much better, but I think it will be Tim, Andrew, and Aaron. I hope Aaron stays because he's still pretty good...I think Andrew will be going home.

Debbie

Not being a fan of the Beatles; I felt they all did Ok, although I really liked Big Mike's version of Eleanor Rigby. Casey did a good job with his piece also. Chrystal's song choice was safe.

My bottom three:
Aaron
Andrew
Tim

with Andrew going home........

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As soon as Mike was opposite Lee on the stage I knew he was in the bottom three. When they named the other two [Tim should have been there], I knew it was likely Mike at the bottom, since they'd announced a "couple of real surprises" and the other two would not be a surprise. And I immediately knew they'd save him. That's the kind of vote-off they put the save in place because of.

Computer Magic

As soon as Mike was opposite Lee on the stage I knew he was in the bottom three. When they named the other two [Tim should have been there], I knew it was likely Mike at the bottom, since they'd announced a "couple of real surprises" and the other two would not be a surprise. And I immediately knew they'd save him. That's the kind of vote-off they put the save in place because of.
and since everyone knows he was to go, his votes will increase next week. Probably will save him next week. Let's hope there are no more surprises since there are no more saves.

Uponastar

I have Mike as my number 1, too. :rolleyes:

I have not been a fan of the save, but this is one time I'm glad it was used. Not because I think it will make much difference in the end, but because I think Mike is kind of the heart of the group and it's way too soon to lose that. There are not a lot of strong personalities this year...definitely not one of my favorite seasons...and to lose Mike at this point would cause quite a fizzle.
As far as performance goes, Mike is good, but he overacts it. He needs to lose some of that Tom Jones attitude and just let himself be Mike.

happymom52003

I have Mike as my number 1, too. :rolleyes:

So do I. :confused:

I must say that if the judges would not have saved him, I'd be done watching the show this year. I have a hard enough time watching it as it is. If one of the few really good singers would have been knocked off this early in the season when there are so many HORRIBLE singers/performers (although this week was much better than previous weeks), I just would not be interested anymore.

On a side note, I really don't like having four judges. I like them all individually, but it feels like the judges comments take soooo long since there are four of them.

imagineer boy

Anyone else notice that Ryan Seacrest has been acting really odd this year? He seems a little more loud mothed, and asking the contestants awkward questions. Weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom