American Idol: Season 7!!

GenerationX

Favorite moment was when Donna Summer handed the good mike to Syesha so she could shine on her solo. Not only can Donna still sing, she's got class as well.

Second favorite moment was David Cook with ZZ Top! That was awesome.

And Carrie Underwood outdid everybody. She has become fierce!!!!

I'm glad Cook won. He'll be in the same class as Kelly and Carrie, and not one of those Idol winners that the world is now wondering what ever happened to (fill in the blank).
Agreed on all counts! It was cool how well David Cook fit in with ZZ Top.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
My mouth dropped to the floor when I heard his name...:eek: I am still in shock. I was for sure that Archeletta was the one that was going to win.

:sohappy::sohappy:

SpongeScott

Who knows, some people said that Carrie Underwood was the worst winner of AI when she went on to become one of the most successful.

So who knows really, only time will tell.
I've never heard that Carrie was the worst winner of AI.

And wow, does she have some legs on her. Simon was right when he said she would be the most successful Idol ever.

My personal all-time Idol winner rankings:

1. Carrie Underwood (no one else is even close)
2. Kelly Clarkson
3. Ruben Studdard
4. David Cook
5. Jordin Sparks
6. Taylor Hicks
7. Fantasia

imagineer boy

I've never heard that Carrie was the worst winner of AI.

Eh, I read it around a few places on the internet. I definately remember reading a full paragraph on VFTW about how "successful" they were in voting in Carrie Underwood saying how she was a terrible singer, etc.

Oh course I disagree, she's amazing, not to mention the hottest AI contestant EVER.

And wow, does she have some legs on her.

Literally and figuratively.:slurp:

Here's my top AI winner rankings:

1. Carrie Underwood
2. Kelly Clarkson
3. David Cook ( let's just see how much his career takes off from here )
4. Jordin Sparks
5. Ruben Studdard
6. Taylor Hicks
7. Fantasia

wdwmomof3

I don't know about you all but tonights show was great from start to end, especially the end. Way to go Cook!! I was so excited that I screamed. :lol: Really though, it was very entertaining and I loved David Cook with ZZ Top. I also loved the Guitar Hero commercials, well the first one anyway. :animwink: David Cook looked good in it but David A looked like he didn't know what in the world he was doing. :lol:

GenerationX

I'll argue with you guys on the list of best AI winners (3 tiers):

1. Kelly Clarkson
2. Carrie Underwood
3. David Cook
----
4. Ruben Studdard
5. Jordin Sparks
6. Taylor Hicks
----
7. Fantasia

How about runners-up?

1. Katharine McPhee (Hottest finalist of any season)
2. Blake Lewis
3. Bo Bice
----
4. Clay Aiken
5. David Archuletta
----
6. Diana DeGarmo
7. Justin Guarini

nibblesandbits

I don't know about you all but tonights show was great from start to end, especially the end. Way to go Cook!! I was so excited that I screamed. :lol: Really though, it was very entertaining and I loved David Cook with ZZ Top. I also loved the Guitar Hero commercials, well the first one anyway. :animwink: David Cook looked good in it but David A looked like he didn't know what in the world he was doing. :lol:
I loved the Guitar Hero commercials! I thought they were awesome! But Cook did better at his b/c he actually plays guitar. :lol:

As for my ranking:

1. Carrie
2. Kelly
3. David (this could change...depends on how successful he becomes)
4. Jordin (I didn't watch this season, but the songs I've heard on the radio from her I've tended to like.)
5. Taylor (I like him a lot better than the last two...only reason he's here.)
6. Ruben
7. Fantasia (still can't understand why they pimped her like they did...there was no reason for that.)

Nicole220

My mouth dropped to the floor when I heard his name...:eek: I am still in shock. I was for sure that Archeletta was the one that was going to win.

:sohappy::sohappy:
Same thing here.

I was totally expecting little D to win...HOLY CRAP! :eek:

Him crying...*melts* And that commercial with him in his underwear...*dies*

He totally deserves it. I really hope that his CD under the contract is amazing...really really hope so. I love him and would've liked to see him on his own but what can ya do now...*crosses fingers*

Overall, great finale. One of the best, if not the best. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that they invited the USC band to perform. *gag*

My ranking:
1. Carrie
2. Cook (this could go up depending on how well he does)
3. Kelly
4. Jordin
5. Ruben
6 & 7. Taylor and Fantasia...yuck.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I'm going to be the oddball who has them all different. I can't help it, I like people for different reasons than most of you I guess.

For me, Taylor is just completely entertaining. My daughter is a huge fan, so I've been to several of his shows and met him, and not only is he as sweet as can be, but he's just a great showman. I don't feel he needs the most perfect voice to do what he does best.

As for Fantasia, I liked her when she was on the show because she was different and fun. I don't follow her now, but I voted based on when she was on the show. Kelly... never liked her on the show, I felt like she shouted. Now, for me, she's just strange and still shouting :shrug:

1. David Cook
2. Taylor Hicks
3. Carrie Underwood
4. Jordin Sparks
5. Fantasia
6. Ruben Studdard
7. Kelly Clarkson

Runners-up?

Again, I'm gonna be different. I love Bo, always have. He and David Cook are my 2 favorite Idol contestants overall. I loved Clay too for a long time until he got all weird, but because I did like him enough to pay money to go see him, I kept him at number 2.

1. Bo Bice
2. Clay Aiken
3. David Archuletta
4. Katharine McPhee (Hottest finalist of any season)
5. Blake Lewis
6. Diana DeGarmo
7. Justin Guarini

nibblesandbits

I'm going to be the oddball who has them all different. I can't help it, I like people for different reasons than most of you I guess.

For me, Taylor is just completely entertaining. My daughter is a huge fan, so I've been to several of his shows and met him, and not only is he as sweet as can be, but he's just a great showman. I don't feel he needs the most perfect voice to do what he does best.

As for Fantasia, I liked her when she was on the show because she was different and fun. I don't follow her now, but I voted based on when she was on the show. Kelly... never liked her on the show, I felt like she shouted. Now, for me, she's just strange and still shouting :shrug:

1. David Cook
2. Taylor Hicks
3. Carrie Underwood
4. Jordin Sparks
5. Fantasia
6. Ruben Studdard
7. Kelly Clarkson

Runners-up?

Again, I'm gonna be different. I love Bo, always have. He and David Cook are my 2 favorite Idol contestants overall. I loved Clay too for a long time until he got all weird, but because I did like him enough to pay money to go see him, I kept him at number 2.

1. Bo Bice
2. Clay Aiken
3. David Archuletta
4. Katharine McPhee (Hottest finalist of any season)
5. Blake Lewis
6. Diana DeGarmo
7. Justin Guarini
Actually, I really liked Taylor too...I was one who voted for him and I agree, he was a great showman. However, I also saw him in concert...and I don't know if it was b/c I had the flu or what that night, but I didn't enjoy his performances nearly as much as I did by watching him on AI. Maybe it was b/c he had crap songs or something, but I didn't enjoy his concert at all. (And I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the flu.)

hcswingfield

Here's my list:

George Gershwin
Frank Lloyd Wright
Emma Goldman
Tennessee Williams
Susan B. Anthony
Ryan White
Mary Cassat
John Singer Sargent
Joan Baez

imagineer boy

The thing about Taylor was that he was a great performer. It was fun to watch him wildly dance around on stage, singing well, and playing the harmonica. However when you listen to him on a CD, its boring.

SpongeScott

Gawd I'd give anything to be in the front row looking up for that performance :dazzle::dazzle:
Now that's a set of wheels!!!
We all were on the front row for that performance.

*faints*

She had to be wearing shorts underneath that to allow those camera shots.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Actually, I really liked Taylor too...I was one who voted for him and I agree, he was a great showman. However, I also saw him in concert...and I don't know if it was b/c I had the flu or what that night, but I didn't enjoy his performances nearly as much as I did by watching him on AI. Maybe it was b/c he had crap songs or something, but I didn't enjoy his concert at all. (And I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the flu.)

Not sure what happened there, sorry you didn't enjoy the show. I've seen maybe 6 of his shows now and I've found him to be very entertaining at all of them. There was one at a weird theater one time where the audience was mostly "season ticket holders" that went to everything at that theater, and I'm not sure they got what was going on. The vibe from them sort of changed the experience to a more mellow one, but Taylor was still good.

The thing about Taylor was that he was a great performer. It was fun to watch him wildly dance around on stage, singing well, and playing the harmonica. However when you listen to him on a CD, its boring.

Agreed, on CD he's just a voice, and it's not as good. He's better live by far.

Computer Magic

American Idol is entertaining, but that doesn't measure success of the performers. The question becomes can they transform to what counts selling their performance after the show is over.

I view the top Idols as the CD's I own. I own 3 todate, Kelly, Carrie and Chris D. No one else had more then one good song IMHO.

As for longevity, that remains to be seen. Kelly has been around the longest and yet to outperfrom her first CD. Carrie seems to be in the lead with her country awards over multiple years. Chris D is too soon to tell.

Not may people are the next Match Box Twenty, Aerosmith, etc. The doesn't mean they won't draw in a small crowd, but many have lost their contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom