American Idol: Season 7!!

MAF

Why am I watching this finale again? This has got to be one of the most boring finales in AI history....:snore:

DonaldDoleWhip

less promising then Hick....please :rolleyes: Hick was a product of vote for the worst...

Yes David A doesn't have stage presence yet, but better vocals.

Only time will tell.
I have to disagree with you over Hicks. He had millions of sincere fans who truly believed that he was deserving (including several major fans on this forum). I was a member of the McPheever clan, and I will never forget how so many people on this forum loved him. And once he won, they realized how bad he was and didn't buy his album.

And for the record, Carrie Underwood also had the support of VFTW. However, VFTW wasn't the reason why she won, and she really has proven herself since winning by accomplishing things that no other AI winners have done. VFTW's impact is incredibly minor in the later stages of the competion (explaining why contestants like Jason Castro didn't even survive one week after gaining VFTW support).

And despite David A's pimping last night, it actually seems like Cook is going to win.

Legacy

Now, as Fremantle tries to capitalize on the lost revenue from Daughtry not winning, they will force a poorly-written, over-produced pop rock album that will fail miserably.

Computer Magic

I have to disagree with you over Hicks. He had millions of sincere fans who truly believed that he was deserving (including several major fans on this forum). I was a member of the McPheever clan, and I will never forget how so many people on this forum loved him. And once he won, they realized how bad he was and didn't buy his album.

And for the record, Carrie Underwood also had the support of VFTW. However, VFTW wasn't the reason why she won, and she really has proven herself since winning by accomplishing things that no other AI winners have done. VFTW's impact is incredibly minor in the later stages of the competion (explaining why contestants like Jason Castro didn't even survive one week after gaining VFTW support).

And despite David A's pimping last night, it actually seems like Cook is going to win.
I was very active in this forum. People here liked Hicks over McPheever, not that we like Hicks....the best of two evils. We know who the true winner was that season.

I would like to see facts about Underwood, as I don't recall that. VFTW seems to hit big the season after Underwood. I don't think Underwood was ever in the bottom three.

Computer Magic

Now, as Fremantle tries to capitalize on the lost revenue from Daughtry not winning, they will force a poorly-written, over-produced pop rock album that will fail miserably.
You are exaclty right....Cook has tried to be a Daughtry but vocals are not even close.

Time will tell

dxwwf3

Probably the best AI finale ever. Great performances from the top 12 and guests, we got plenty of Amanda Overmeyer craziness that cracked me up, I AM YOUR BROTHER + USC BAND = TOP 5 AI MOMENT EVER! and the right guy winning.

Nothing against DA because he was vocally perfect last night, but he played it a bit safe, which has been successful in the past. Now hopefully the contestants will try and push themsevles in the finale in the future.

Great season!

imagineer boy

Good, I'm glad David C. one. That truly was a climactic finale, I think its the best one in AI history.

Anyone disapointed in the rest of the finale though? There weren't any funny skits like before or anything. Plus the Mike Meyers love guru promotion has incredibly lame.

However, the "i am your brother" guy came back! w00t!!! That was the funniest thing ever!!! :lol:

dxwwf3

Anyone disapointed in the rest of the finale though? There weren't any funny skits like before or anything. Plus the Mike Meyers love guru promotion has incredibly lame.

LOVED the finale. The Love Guru stuff kills me, but I am one of the biggest Mike Myers apologists in the world. He can do NO wrong in my eyes and the more he repeats the same style or even the same jokes, they never lose their luster. I'll be at the first screening of the day for the Guru the Friday it comes out.

Also the Tropic Thunder guys doing the Pips, was also pretty funny.

How much more humor do you need when you have Amanda Overmeyer singing? :ROFLOL:

hcswingfield

Favorite moment was when Donna Summer handed the good mike to Syesha so she could shine on her solo. Not only can Donna still sing, she's got class as well.

Second favorite moment was David Cook with ZZ Top! That was awesome.

And Carrie Underwood outdid everybody. She has become fierce!!!!

I'm glad Cook won. He'll be in the same class as Kelly and Carrie, and not one of those Idol winners that the world is now wondering what ever happened to (fill in the blank).

imagineer boy

Also the Tropic Thunder guys doing the Pips, was also pretty funny.

Now that was good. I thought that was funny.:lol:

How much more humor do you need when you have Amanda Overmeyer singing? :ROFLOL:

True. :lol:When she sang her solo, we were like, "what WAS that?"

And yes, Carrie Underwood is still SMOKIN' HOT. And still an amazing singer too. Ah, Kristy Lee Cook may be the pure embodiment of hotness, but she still has alot to learn from Carrie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom