Amercan Idle may be gone..what to take it's place

graphite1326

Original Poster
Now that American Idle may be in it's last season....1st; the people that are on the show now have nowhere to go even if they win. 2nd; what's going to take it's place?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Now that American Idle may be in it's last season....1st; the people that are on the show now have nowhere to go even if they win. 2nd; what's going to take it's place?
If the AIE goes away (and I'm not betting that it will do so anytime soon), I hope (very very much) that it is replaced with Superstar Television v 2.0. Give us scenes from Good Morning America, The View, Jimmy Kimmel, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (a way to get Marvel into the park), Modern Family, etc.

Also, from what I've read, AI is expected to be renewed by Fox, so it isn't likely that it's in its last season on TV.

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

If AI goes away it will most likely be replaced with an empty theater.

Be careful what you wish for....

mclane21.jpg

wdwfan4ver

If the AIE goes away (and I'm not betting that it will do so anytime soon), I hope (very very much) that it is replaced with Superstar Television v 2.0. Give us scenes from Good Morning America, The View, Jimmy Kimmel, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (a way to get Marvel into the park), Modern Family, etc.

Also, from what I've read, AI is expected to be renewed by Fox, so it isn't likely that it's in its last season on TV.
I agree that American Idol isn't going away yet, but I'll be shock if the show still exists after 2016.

I read on late February that American Idol is losing money this season for the first time ever. AI ratings on Thursdays is getting worse each weak and is down to a 7.5 million viewers last week. The way the is going, I wouldn't be shocked if AI is under 7 million viewers the Thursday before the finale.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I don't think American Idol is in its final season. Yes, the show is losing money and the show is losing viewers on Thursdays. The thing is American Idol's rating Wednesdays are stabilized unlike Thursday time slot.

I expect Fox to cut down on the amount of American Idol episodes as a way to cut the budget of the show and to help out television rating of the show.

I don't think anything will be replacing AIE at DHS when it closes. I wouldn't be shocked if something Star Wars gets put into that building, but it would be years away.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If the show is cancelled, I can see them continuing with the show at the Studios, just without the prize.

It is a shame it was not successful. The attraction is really well put together - but the guest participation just never really worked well.

EOD K9

Part of the problem, IMO, is that it opened as the TV show's popularity started its decline. I would have much preferred to see them move WWTBAMPI! to that spot. Everyone at least had a chance to get in the hot seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom