Alice in Wonderland updates

Figments Friend

I wonder if the rail is only on the backside. Maybe with the back rail and the added track width they don't have to put a rail on the front and CMs can only walk the track on the rail side?

I am hoping this is the case, as having railings in the front area would really ruin the look of it all in my opinion.
There has been a lot of concern of the 'railings' interfering with sight lines while on the ride, and the removal of the sensation of your caterpillar 'falling off' the edge.
Having the rails behind, dressed as 'scenery' looks like a great way to solve this much-debated issue.

I like what i am seeing so far. I was really concerned about rails blocking out too much of the view or being poorly themed.

Figments Friend

I can understand the widening of the platform for access, but what baffles me is the decision to also make it thicker.

Perhaps to insure proper weight support for today's more plentiful 'robust' Guests?
Much like how DLs 'Small World' had to be changed slightly...to accommodate the increase in larger sized visitors.

RMichael21

I'll be at Disneyland Park on Monday and I'll tell you how the "falling off the tracks" sensation feels and whether anything significant has changed on the ride that you can't tell from photos or a video.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'll be at Disneyland Park on Monday and I'll tell you how the "falling off the tracks" sensation feels and whether anything significant has changed on the ride that you can't tell from photos or a video.

It's going to be a little difficult hearing your observations because you never got to ride it before it went down. Still, I hope you enjoy the ride.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
From MiceChat's Twitter:

Brol_nhCIAA-GCc.jpg

https://twitter.com/MiceChat

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

This isn't the complete ride, but from what I've seen from this video, I must say... I. AM. IMPRESSED. Wow. I can't wait to see the rest of the ride. I'm in love with the new Alice figure. God knows I couldn't stand that creepy, static thing they had in the corner. I'm amazed, truly. If this is what we can expect with the other three or four dark rides, then my hats off.

gboiler1

From a two dimensional point of view it looks great. I too had it in my mind that railings would appear on the outside of the leaves. I do hope the falling off isn't totally lost but it may be. I recall when my DD rode in 08 and she was afraid we were going to plummet.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Looks amazing. Can't wait to go this weekend!

I wonder I'd they got rid of the Blue Flower (the one with glasses), or these two videos just didn't capture her. I recall she was next to the rose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom