Alice in Wonderland updates

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It looks like they added leaves to the standing poles, as well as extra leaves around the area:

i-TC43Tfk-O.png

i-x8NKfst-O.png

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I wonder if the rail is only on the backside. Maybe with the back rail and the added track width they don't have to put a rail on the front and CMs can only walk the track on the rail side?

sponono88

I wonder if the rail is only on the backside. Maybe with the back rail and the added track width they don't have to put a rail on the front and CMs can only walk the track on the rail side?

yeah, i'm wondering where all the rails are and why they haven't installed them yet? Considering the ride will reopen in a couple of days, i figured they would be up already.. Aside from the orange cones, it looks like major construction has wrapped up on the track.

GiveMeTheMusic

Gonna chalk this one up to a fail. Either they didn't get the budget to make this look nice, or they legitimately don't know good themed design. It no longer looks like a vine, it looks like a green platform with swirlies on the side. Hard to know who to pin this on without knowing the details, but all around end result? Fail.

Travel Junkie

Gonna chalk this one up to a fail. Either they didn't get the budget to make this look nice, or they legitimately don't know good themed design. It no longer looks like a vine, it looks like a green platform with swirlies on the side. Hard to know who to pin this on without knowing the details, but all around end result? Fail.

Completely agree. With some creativity they could have come up with a solution that would have satisfied safety requirements and not hurt the aesthetic so much. The outside portion looks decorated now, not themed.

Nland316

Not sure how much truth there is to this rumor, but I read some comments on disneyandmore's recent blog article, and apparently some people are claiming that the queen of hearts animatronic was cut. They say that imagineers didn't like the way it looked with rear face projections and was cut back to it's original form. Anybody have news on this? I'm hoping it's inaccurate. http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2014/06/whats-next-for-future.html?m=1

Animaniac93-98

Not sure how much truth there is to this rumor, but I read some comments on disneyandmore's recent blog article, and apparently some people are claiming that the queen of hearts animatronic was cut. They say that imagineers didn't like the way it looked with rear face projections and was cut back to it's original form. Anybody have news on this? I'm hoping it's inaccurate. http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2014/06/whats-next-for-future.html?m=1

Interesting that they don't mention upgrades for Snow White or Pinocchio. I remember Miceage saying they'd get less than the other three, but have upgrades for those two been cut altogether?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Interesting that they don't mention upgrades for Snow White or Pinocchio. I remember Miceage saying they'd get less than the other three, but have upgrades for those two been cut altogether?

Snow White already fairly recently received some enhancements, but I don't know about Pinocchio. Everything will be brought to light on July 17th.

PolynesianPrincess

What did it look like before the refurb? I tried to google some pics but couldn't really find a good one that showed it before the refurb started. This was one ride I was really looking forward to riding in April because they don't have it in WDW and AIW is one of my favorite Disney movies but sadly, it was closed :(

GiveMeTheMusic

What did it look like before the refurb? I tried to google some pics but couldn't really find a good one that showed it before the refurb started. This was one ride I was really looking forward to riding in April because they don't have it in WDW and AIW is one of my favorite Disney movies but sadly, it was closed :(

It was meant to look like a vine. You can kind of see it here:

IMG_0051.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom