1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

AK fast passes for little ones

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by ELG13, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:21 PM.

1. ELG13

ELG13 Active Member

I am not very familiar with AK. I was hoping I could get some suggestions for fast passes there. I know we REALLY are hoping to get one for the Pandora jungle cruise, but what else? They are 6 and 3 so nothing too crazy. The 6 yo is a little bit of a scaredy cat after we kinda, sorta, tricked her in to Splash mountain last year (worst thing EVER..total parenting fail :() We are all really excited about Pandora but I have a feeling I wont be able to get a fastpass for the cruise since its so busy...fingers crossed there!! I can book August 1st.
    Also any other little tidbits yall can think of for 2 little ones at AK would be great!!

Thanks Yall!!!

2. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Both shows ~ Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo:The Musical are great choices for little kids. The safari ride is fabulous as most kids are enamored with animals.

You should have no trouble getting Na'vi River Journey.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  3. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

You should be able to get Na'vi River Journey no problem.
    The safari ride is great for kids of all ages.
    I would likely pick a character meet and greet if they like that or do the Lion King show (sorry not a fan of the Nemo one).
    Just an FYI It's Tough to Be a Bug does have some scary like moments in it. I'd youtube it to find out if you think the kids could handle it or not.

neoshinok likes this.
  4. ELG13

ELG13 Active Member Original Poster

I didn't see an option to fast pass the lion King or Nemo show....I was gonna do one for the primeval whirl for my 6 yo.

5. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

This. People think Fastpass availability is like dining availability. It's not.

Tuvalu likes this.
  6. ELG13

Good to hear! Maybe I'll just use all of our passes for it lol!

7. helenabear

Was it not available? I see them both for a random day in the next few weeks as an option.

I'm not a Primeval whirl fan. It was quite painful (getting squished by people) the last time I rode. It's not really scary but if your kid is a kind of scared they may not want to ride it when they see it.

8. ELG13

Well I can't book them until 8/1 but when I looked at wait times it wasn't showing up..

9. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

That's the kind of ride that terrifies me lol! Convinced the car will topple off the edge as you go round, never again, ever. ;)

10. ELG13

Oh man.. need to watch it on YouTube first I think!

11. helenabear

I get that. I'm such a thrill seeker so I gave it a whirl (yes that was intentional). I was seated in the middle with 3 above average size (all around people) and I'm 5' tall. It was so not fun at all. One and done for me!

It won't show on wait times as it is just a show at scheduled times. I'm an AP holder and can see it as an option if I wanted to schedule a FP. Normally I say FP for shows aren't quite worth it, but it keeps you from having to wait in the regular line and lets you get a pretty good seat without much worry.

12. AmandaS.

AmandaS. Member

Primevil Whirl has a height restriction of 48". I know my 6 year old can't ride it.

13. helenabear

Good point. I forgot my 9yo is huge for his age and we've been out of height restrictions for a while now LOL