AK fast passes for little ones

ELG13

Original Poster
I am not very familiar with AK. I was hoping I could get some suggestions for fast passes there. I know we REALLY are hoping to get one for the Pandora jungle cruise, but what else? They are 6 and 3 so nothing too crazy. The 6 yo is a little bit of a scaredy cat after we kinda, sorta, tricked her in to Splash mountain last year (worst thing EVER..total parenting fail :() We are all really excited about Pandora but I have a feeling I wont be able to get a fastpass for the cruise since its so busy...fingers crossed there!! I can book August 1st.
Also any other little tidbits yall can think of for 2 little ones at AK would be great!!

Thanks Yall!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Both shows ~ Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo:The Musical are great choices for little kids. The safari ride is fabulous as most kids are enamored with animals.

You should have no trouble getting Na'vi River Journey.

correcaminos

You should be able to get Na'vi River Journey no problem.
The safari ride is great for kids of all ages.
I would likely pick a character meet and greet if they like that or do the Lion King show (sorry not a fan of the Nemo one).
Just an FYI It's Tough to Be a Bug does have some scary like moments in it. I'd youtube it to find out if you think the kids could handle it or not.

ELG13

Original Poster
You should be able to get Na'vi River Journey no problem.
The safari ride is great for kids of all ages.
I would likely pick a character meet and greet if they like that or do the Lion King show (sorry not a fan of the Nemo one).
Just an FYI It's Tough to Be a Bug does have some scary like moments in it. I'd youtube it to find out if you think the kids could handle it or not.
I didn't see an option to fast pass the lion King or Nemo show....I was gonna do one for the primeval whirl for my 6 yo.

correcaminos

I didn't see an option to fast pass the lion King or Nemo show....I was gonna do one for the primeval whirl for my 6 yo.
Was it not available? I see them both for a random day in the next few weeks as an option.

I'm not a Primeval whirl fan. It was quite painful (getting squished by people) the last time I rode. It's not really scary but if your kid is a kind of scared they may not want to ride it when they see it.

ELG13

Original Poster
Was it not available? I see them both for a random day in the next few weeks as an option.

I'm not a Primeval whirl fan. It was quite painful (getting squished by people) the last time I rode. It's not really scary but if your kid is a kind of scared they may not want to ride it when they see it.
Well I can't book them until 8/1 but when I looked at wait times it wasn't showing up..

nickys

Premium Member

That's the kind of ride that terrifies me lol! Convinced the car will topple off the edge as you go round, never again, ever. ;)

correcaminos

That's the kind of ride that terrifies me lol! Convinced the car will topple off the edge as you go round, never again, ever. ;)
I get that. I'm such a thrill seeker so I gave it a whirl (yes that was intentional). I was seated in the middle with 3 above average size (all around people) and I'm 5' tall. It was so not fun at all. One and done for me!

Well I can't book them until 8/1 but when I looked at wait times it wasn't showing up..
It won't show on wait times as it is just a show at scheduled times. I'm an AP holder and can see it as an option if I wanted to schedule a FP. Normally I say FP for shows aren't quite worth it, but it keeps you from having to wait in the regular line and lets you get a pretty good seat without much worry.

correcaminos

What are you talking about? I just checked NRJ for this coming Wednesday, i.e. less than a week out in the peak of summer, and there was availability.
Maybe they meant FOP? Not impossible to get unless you have a very short stay. Still find it nuts since a couple months ago there was no problem at all getting it.

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok y'all so I've been looking at stuff and didn't realize they did the tier system for fp. No problem though because we only want to do The river journey as our top ride. I also plan on doing the Safari...but from what I'm reading the other stuff for the kids doesn't use FP or they don't recommend wasting a FP on them. Should I save a FP for the rivers of light? Will that be going on the first week of October? The only problem with that is I can't get the rolling FP until we use all of our 3 right? Just not sure what I should use the 3rd FP on. Any help with times and suggestions is greatly appreciated. Maybe meeting Mickey and Minnie??
I'm starting to worry our AK day might be kind of boring for the kids *gasp* . I'm sure it won't bc it seems like they have more hands on stuff but I'm a little lost right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom