AK Fall Hours

JohnD

Original Poster
Just noticed that AK fall hours have been extended in the fall as follows:
  • September 6 - 15: 8:00 pm
  • September 16 - October 11: 7:30 pm
  • October 12 - 31: 7:00 pm
November 1 and later is 5pm.

I'm currently planning on visiting 10/29 - 11/4. Good thing I had already planned on being in AK on 10/30!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
@sxeensweet I'm confused on why its so early :confused: I thought it was going to be open till at least 9pm :cry:

Wait until it gets closer. Also it gets dark earlier when your going so take that into account. They still won't finalize hours until more about a month out and even then they are known to change them after that too. Don't worry I may be wrong but I see them possibly extending it more but who knows. Lol :)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

@sxeensweet I'm confused on why its so early :confused: I thought it was going to be open till at least 9pm :cry:

I'd suspect it depends on ongoing demand for Jungle Book, and potential opening of RoL. Start off with shorter hours, then expand to accommodate Jungle Book as needed, and when RoL opens extend even further. They expand hours as a general rule lately, and for something that is still unknown such as RoL, the changes could be greater.

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

I just checked October, which is when we're going. Unfortunately, not a lot of darkness to enjoy. Sunset is at around 6:48 when we go, yet the park closes at 7:00. I was hoping to enjoy a night time trip on Kilimanjaro Safari-not much time for that!

Upvote 0

JohnD

Original Poster
I just checked October, which is when we're going. Unfortunately, not a lot of darkness to enjoy. Sunset is at around 6:48 when we go, yet the park closes at 7:00. I was hoping to enjoy a night time trip on Kilimanjaro Safari-not much time for that!

As was stated as it gets closer, the hope is that they will extend hours out more.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Original Poster
I feel your pain! Been second guessing every single thing I've done lol

All I can do is plan out which day I'll be in which park. It's not just not knowing AK hours with certainty. But since I'm going in the fall, I still don't know the F&W festival schedule.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It should be. When we went in December last year, the park hours for all 4 parks changed up to and including the week we went down there!

Yep hours always change I agree as we go Oct-Dec on all our trips. And do note anyone waiting on Nov and Dec to be extended at AK it is dark by 4:30-5:00pm so they won't probably extend them much later than 7-8pm (minus Thanksgoving and Christmas week may be longer) when it's all said and done. That would be my guess with how early it gets dark starting in November on through February or so. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom