About the Body wars ride at Epcot.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
It wasn't that Cranium Command wasn't very popular. It's the fact that after Metlife dropped their sponsor, Disney barely recognized the pavilion that it was in, and they never updated anything in there. ANYthing. NOTHING changed. Also the pavilion kind of became hidden behind trees in the back.

If you think about it too, if you don't know anything about Cranium Command... The name "Cranium Command" doesn't really grab your attention all that much. You'd think it's just some interactive game by the title and description, or some cheesy stage show.

It was by far one of the best attractions EPCOT has ever offered. It was timeless. It could have been popular. The problem was it's location, and where it ended up.
Sadly, most of the things in that pavilion were worth keeping.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Sadly, most of the things in that pavilion were worth keeping.

aaaaactuallyyyy.... A majority of things probably weren't, and were really outdated.

The Making of Me was pretty good, though it's probably the LAST thing you would've expected to find in a Disney park. Very awkward. cx

Goofy About Health was just kind of..... There.

The bicycles would've been completely outdated. The hands-on exhibits honestly seemed pretty pointless. The headphones could've been scrapped for something else. Frontiers in medicine I shouldn't even have to explain very well. Even the pavilion's merchandise has this reaaalllyyyy 80's feeling to it.

Honestly, I believe that if the pavilion only housed Body Wars and Cranium Command and if there wasn't such a long path to get up there, I think it would still be open. But it's all the little things that I believe is why it really closed, making the entire pavilion feel more outdated every day.

I did however, love this pavilion. It was my family's favorite. We spent an entire day JUST in this pavilion sometimes riding body wars and cranium command over and over again. Because it was practically empty every time we were there! Absolutely no lines for 2 (making of me being 3 if you include it) attractions that are actually VERY good and VERY entertaining? Heck! I would STILL spend an entire day in there! I was like 10 or 12 at the time. Man, I loved that place. You broke away from the crowds and basically had an indoor festival to yourself.

Goofyernmost

My main memory is that every time I went, there was always, ALWAYS a puddle of vomit by the exit.
I would venture a guess that I had been on Body Wars, at least, 35 times. NEVER once did I see a "puddle of vomit" by the exit. Not once. I never even saw anyone that looked sick. My timing cannot be that good.

I watched a video on youtube that showed the Cranium Command ride...and there was litteraly no wait time what-so-ever, so apparently it was not very popular.
From my experience in my early days of WDW visitation. I didn't even know CC existed. I never noticed the sign for it and if I did I didn't know what it was about. There was not the internet world of information at the time and we had to rely on Disney promotion to know what was there. When I finally found it, I really liked the show and especially liked the pre-show with General Knowledge. That guy was a hoot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom