About the Body wars ride at Epcot.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
I was just browsing the internet, and I found mention of a ride/show called Body wars, and I suddenly I remembered something about it. All I remember though, is the picture of the guy pulling what looks like a splinter out of someones skin, or something like that. Can someone please fill me in about this ride? Such as where it was, and other things.

EOD K9

I think it was more of the lack of coordination between the movement of the ride and the screen working in tandem. The subject matter wasn't to blame entirely.

morningstar

Just going off memory, the story is that you are on an educational tour. You stop by to see some white blood cells responding to the site of a splinter injury. Then something goes wrong and you have to take a wild detour through the body to escape. I seem to recall getting pumped through the heart and ending up at the brain.

Magical Pixie

Just going off memory, the story is that you are on an educational tour. You stop by to see some white blood cells responding to the site of a splinter injury. Then something goes wrong and you have to take a wild detour through the body to escape. I seem to recall getting pumped through the heart and ending up at the brain.

Now that you mention it, I remember the ride being like that. I also remember at one point, you went through a hand?

GrammieBee

Body Wars was in the Wonders of Life Pavillion in EPCOT which was sponsored by Met Life at that time. The idea for the simulator ride was based.on "Fantastic Voyage"; a science fiction novel by Isaac Asimov. The basic plot of the book was the microscopic shrinking of a team of men and women in a miniture atomic submarine placed in a dying man's circulatory system in a race against time to destroy a blood clot in his brain.

The ride did induce at least some degree of nausea in many people. Whether it was the ride itself or the subject matter is open to some debate.

Last edited:

Tinkerbell397

I remember Cranium Command, The Making of Me and Body Wars. Body Wars was very clever.....you can go on youtube and actually see the entire ride. I do remember that once in the transport vehicle, you went through the process of being "minimized" so you would travel through the body and blood vessels. It was very bumpy and I do remember feeling nauseous to the point of having to close my eyes at various times during the trip through the human body. Cranium Command was very adorable and so wash The Making of Me. Not sure why Disney decides to close particular pavilions and not others. I don't think that The Wonder's of Life would be any more dated that any other pavilion at Epcot. That said.....I do love Epcot....:cat:

EpcoTim

I remember Cranium Command, The Making of Me and Body Wars. Body Wars was very clever.....you can go on youtube and actually see the entire ride. I do remember that once in the transport vehicle, you went through the process of being "minimized" so you would travel through the body and blood vessels. It was very bumpy and I do remember feeling nauseous to the point of having to close my eyes at various times during the trip through the human body. Cranium Command was very adorable and so wash The Making of Me. Not sure why Disney decides to close particular pavilions and not others. I don't think that The Wonder's of Life would be any more dated that any other pavilion at Epcot. That said.....I do love Epcot....:cat:

Seriously, everything about this place was fun. Even the exercise bikes (riding around Disney on a tv monitor, while in Disney???) were great. The hot feels cold and vice versa thing, cranium command, even though it had an awful que. Everything in there was interesting, shame they had to go ahead and ruin that.

GrammieBee

A lot of people tend to shy away from information about the human body . Have you ever noticed on a quiz show that if there is a catagory related to health, anatomy or any other aspect of the human body, it is usually the last catagory chosen.

Body Wars was a rough ride. Cranium Command was a show with a very clever look into the workings of a teen's mind. The Making of Me was somewhat contraversial as it was a movie about the beginning of life from conception to birth. Some people consider that information off limits. Or at least they used to.

I would imagine the closing of the pavillion had something to do with the loss of the corporate sponsor. Plus, for reasons mentioned above, even though there were many interesting things to do, its attendence often was not as great as other pavillions.

Last edited:

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
Seriously, everything about this place was fun. Even the exercise bikes (riding around Disney on a tv monitor, while in Disney???) were great. The hot feels cold and vice versa thing, cranium command, even though it had an awful que. Everything in there was interesting, shame they had to go ahead and ruin that.
I watched a video on youtube that showed the Cranium Command ride...and there was litteraly no wait time what-so-ever, so apparently it was not very popular.

Last edited:

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
You know, the more I think about the pavilion the more I remember, but it is only little bits. For example, I remember for some reason my parents didn't want me going on the ride. Also, for some reason I used to confuse spaceship earth and Body wars, which I have no idea why. And lastly, I also remember some upwards ramp with the art I talked about before on the walls...but that's pretty much all.

Nemo14

You seemed to be obsessed by Disney's past. So , just out of curiosity, when was the last time you went to WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom