A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
If international travel is new for you, the easiest first destinations are England (good intro to foreign travel) and then France (the same, but plus a foreign language). Both countries are well worth seeing! Disneyland Paris is remotely located outside of the city, but I'm not super familiar with this resort.

Tokyo Disneyland can be reached by a bus straight from the Tokyo airport, which drops you off at your hotel. The whole resort is circled by a monorail, and it's compact like in Anaheim. The parks themselves have exceptional cast members who appear happy to speak English...a huge improvement on DLP honestly. With cleanliness and efficiency, it's the best-run Disney Resort I've experienced. Signs are in English and Japanese. They take pains to be as accommodating for foreigners as possible.

Hong Kong is super easy too, with maybe the world's best metro system. It's formerly British, so a good intro to Asia for a westerner. The resort is painlessly run as well. Beware the summer humidity!

Japan overall is more difficult for a first-timer. Outside of Tokyo, that difficulty increases. It's still absolutely a bucket list destination, well worth your time! Ultimately, if you're on the east coast, Europe is easier to reach, and more western, so go there first (for far more than just Disney). Japan is a must-do eventually!
Thanks for the insight!

We know a couple who every thanksgiving travel from the east coast of the US, and go to LAX for a night in LA/Disneyland, then board a plane to Hawaii for Thanksgiving dinner. Then that next day, take a flight out to Tokyo and visit the city and Tokyo Disneyland for 2 days, before taking a Red Eye back for work on Monday.

I always thought that was nuts:eek: but at the same time sounds insanely fun. :bookworm:

D Hulk

spacemt354

Chili's
Those people are crazy people :eek:. Just selfies with the castle and then leave. No time to enjoy the parks!

Granted I've done some zany things like attempting every single DLR ride in a single day (stymied by closures; gonna try again once Star Wars Land is up). Yikes!
Definitely not that nuts. Lots of $$ just to have 3 pictures. I mean it is a story to tell the grandkids one day I guess?

For the international trips I was leaning towards Tokyo or Hong Kong. I like visiting big cities or historical/national parks....so either really noisy/crowded or really quiet/secluded. For Europe I'd do that kind of trip less for DLP and more for the historical sites. Italy and Greece being the two I'm most interested in knowing how to speak somewhat conversational Italian and Greek:joyfull:

Suchomimus

Italy and Greece being the two I'm most interested in knowing how to speak somewhat conversational Italian and Greek:joyfull:
tumblr_omjf2oIYLb1tkb2p0o1_500.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't about the of you, but I'm seriously pumped for Coco. Especially in love with snippets of the songs that they've released so far. They are so happy sounding, even though I'm not sure if they're supposed to be.

Also this poster is simply gorgeous :inlove:

Get a good look at this -- because it might be something else soon if all goes well ;) Actually something we noticed on the last trip - they were testing longer queue lines in the Mexico Pavilion...so, Coco? :bookworm:
latest

AceAstro

Get a good look at this -- because it might be something else soon if all goes well ;) Actually something we noticed on the last trip - they were testing longer queue lines in the Mexico Pavilion...so, Coco? :bookworm:
latest
I know this sounds weird but I'd rather not have Coco go in the Mexican Pavilion. At least not take over the Gran Fiesta Tour. Even though the Three Caballeros are an IP they don't necessarily feel like an IP or overbearing while on the ride and I feel like if Coco was there instead you'd definitely notice the IP.

spacemt354

Chili's
I know this sounds weird but I'd rather not have Coco go in the Mexican Pavilion. At least not take over the Gran Fiesta Tour. Even though the Three Caballeros are an IP they don't necessarily feel like an IP or overbearing while on the ride and I feel like if Coco was there instead you'd definitely notice the IP.
Depends on what they'd do to it. I preferred the old version of El Rio Del Tiempo,

I thought Gran Fiesta Tour just made it more kid friendly and felt like an overlay more than a new ride. If the boat ride is completely redesigned with new sets, I'd be intrigued. Frozen proved me wrong in that I actually enjoyed FEA more than Maelstrom because it felt like a new attraction...so I'm hoping if Coco goes it could follow suit:bookworm:

Daveeeeed

Those people are crazy people :eek:. Just selfies with the castle and then leave. No time to enjoy the parks!

Granted I've done some zany things like attempting every single DLR ride in a single day (stymied by closures; gonna try again once Star Wars Land is up). Yikes!
That's a great idea, but yeah what they did does not even have bragging rights. It's just silly haha:hilarious:

AceAstro

Only feat I was proud of was 4 parks in one day --- because it's feasible to do and still be able to enjoy the parks. But just riding everything...that to me is too stressful :hungover:
Have you heard of the #WDW47 challenge? Parkeology on Twitter made this challenge and people try to do it all the time. It's riding all 47 WDW rides (shows don't count) in one day. It's pretty rare to see someone complete it!

D Hulk

Only feat I was proud of was 4 parks in one day --- because it's feasible to do and still be able to enjoy the parks. But just riding everything...that to me is too stressful :hungover:
Have you heard of the #WDW47 challenge? Parkeology on Twitter made this challenge and people try to do it all the time. It's riding all 47 WDW rides (shows don't count) in one day. It's pretty rare to see someone complete it!
Disneyland Resort has 53 rides between two parks by my count (to be 55 when Star Wars Land opens). Though that's more than WDW's 47, with fewer parks and shorter distances I suspect it's an easier task.

I've done 49 in a day; the remainder were closed. Started at rope drop and went until maybe 8:30, leaving several remaining hours which suggests doing the additional rides too could be done. It's certainly not relaxing, I wouldn't do it in place of a normal park day, but it's fun for an AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom