A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

StevenU

Some trivia - where in Disney World can you get a Red Velvet Cupcake - pictured here?
IMG_4093.jpg
Disney Springs?

The Excavator

Adventures in Asia update (I plan on a full trip report once returning). Hong Kong Disneyland yesterday was fun, but also intensely humid. Mystic Manor was simply incredible, the easy standout! One of the best rides I've ever done!

View attachment 228798

And after a quick plane flight, I am in DisneySea RIGHT NOW!!! Just learning the park, which is flabbergasting already. Oh, and here's the view from my hotel room:

View attachment 228799

Photos really don't do this place justice. Incredible! :joyfull::eek:
Oh......my.......god......

Daveeeeed

Haha! I was fortunate to be able to see the Tennessee/Georgia Tech game 2 weeks ago. I now have to give my mini-review:D:p. It's really neat, with great concession prices, comfortable seats, and it's at a prime location in Downtown. Lines were very long though... as with extreme noise compared to the old dome, but they should be able to somewhat work out both of those. IMO the selling point will not be the roof (I'm sure it will be epic though once they get it to work perfectly), but the stunning exterior. Hands down the prettiest stadium in the country!
IMG_7813.JPG

D Hulk

@D Hindley
Will you happen to be in Asia next summer too?:)
Hmm, I haven't planned that far ahead. Some all-new destination might beckon - I've never seen Orlando o_O. Might not return to Japan until Nintendo Land opens at USJ. (Incidentally, that's where I'll be tomorrow :joyfull:.)

As for my favorite Disney dessert, @spacemt354, here's the new champ:
IMG_4557.JPG

The Little Green Men from Toy Story appear in Tokyo Disneyland as cream-filled mochi balls. Filling includes chocolate, strawberry, and mango. Very tasty :p. (The fizzy pink lemonade drink had boba tapioca balls, and was OK.)

spacemt354

Chili's
Hmm, I haven't planned that far ahead. Some all-new destination might beckon - I've never seen Orlando o_O. Might not return to Japan until Nintendo Land opens at USJ. (Incidentally, that's where I'll be tomorrow :joyfull:.)

As for my favorite Disney dessert, @spacemt354, here's the new champ:
View attachment 230401
The Little Green Men from Toy Story appear in Tokyo Disneyland as cream-filled mochi balls. Filling includes chocolate, strawberry, and mango. Very tasty :p. (The fizzy pink lemonade drink had boba tapioca balls, and was OK.)
Ha! That looks good:hungry: Hope the trip is going well?

D Hulk

Ha! That looks good:hungry: Hope the trip is going well?
The trip has been amazing, thanks. All my plans have worked to the letter, and the destinations have been wonderful. DisneySea is immeasurably brilliant, an entire park done to the quality of Uni's Harry Potter or (I presume) AK's Avatarland. It's incomparable!

A little update: Wednesday through Friday were for the Tokyo Disney Resort, which maybe wasn't enough time! Yesterday I took the bullet train to Osaka, which at night becomes the set of Blade Runner:
IMG_5225.JPG

Right now I'm on the bullet again for a daytrip to Kyoto (I've been there before; it's one of my favorite places in the world). Then tomorrow Universal Studios Japan. Then Tokyo, then home. A packed, exhausting, great trip!

spacemt354

Chili's
The trip has been amazing, thanks. All my plans have worked to the letter, and the destinations have been wonderful. DisneySea is immeasurably brilliant, an entire park done to the quality of Uni's Harry Potter or (I presume) AK's Avatarland. It's incomparable!

A little update: Wednesday through Friday were for the Tokyo Disney Resort, which maybe wasn't enough time! Yesterday I took the bullet train to Osaka, which at night becomes the set of Blade Runner:
View attachment 230406

Right now I'm on the bullet again for a daytrip to Kyoto (I've been there before; it's one of my favorite places in the world). Then tomorrow Universal Studios Japan. Then Tokyo, then home. A packed, exhausting, great trip!
Sounds awesome! Glad it's all going according to plan. So just curious, for a first time international Disney traveler, is Tokyo Disneyland pretty accessible?

I've heard to try Paris first as it's the easiest to adjust to for US travelers, but I'm just wondering because DisneySea and Japan has always been a bucket list destination (with a few day layover in Hawaii) One day hopefully...

D Hulk

Sounds awesome! Glad it's all going according to plan. So just curious, for a first time international Disney traveler, is Tokyo Disneyland pretty accessible?

I've heard to try Paris first as it's the easiest to adjust to for US travelers, but I'm just wondering because DisneySea and Japan has always been a bucket list destination (with a few day layover in Hawaii) One day hopefully...
If international travel is new for you, the easiest first destinations are England (good intro to foreign travel) and then France (the same, but plus a foreign language). Both countries are well worth seeing! Disneyland Paris is remotely located outside of the city, but I'm not super familiar with this resort.

Tokyo Disneyland can be reached by a bus straight from the Tokyo airport, which drops you off at your hotel. The whole resort is circled by a monorail, and it's compact like in Anaheim. The parks themselves have exceptional cast members who appear happy to speak English...a huge improvement on DLP honestly. With cleanliness and efficiency, it's the best-run Disney Resort I've experienced. Signs are in English and Japanese. They take pains to be as accommodating for foreigners as possible.

Hong Kong is super easy too, with maybe the world's best metro system. It's formerly British, so a good intro to Asia for a westerner. The resort is painlessly run as well. Beware the summer humidity!

Japan overall is more difficult for a first-timer. Outside of Tokyo, that difficulty increases. It's still absolutely a bucket list destination, well worth your time! Ultimately, if you're on the east coast, Europe is easier to reach, and more western, so go there first (for far more than just Disney). Japan is a must-do eventually!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom