A Spirited Perfect Ten

Disneyhead'71

Nope. Not really. A couple of crowd level updates from me. A fun troll argument that most people only saw the responses to.

Oh yeah, and speaking of crowd levels.... MK has drawn more 8+ Crowds (94) than 1-5 combined (93).
While I truly appreciate your analysis, the numbers just aren't jiving.

Are your analytics drawn almost exclusively from wait times? And what has FP+ done to stand-by wait times?

I mean, it may be just a coincidence that at the same time FP+ is blowing up stand-by wait times that suddenly the MK is seeing this massive increase.

lazyboy97o

Are your analytics drawn almost exclusively from wait times? And what has FP+ done to stand-by wait times?

I mean, it may be just a coincidence that at the same time FP+ is blowing up stand-by wait times that suddenly the MK is seeing this massive increase.
It's Touring Plan's ten point scale based on wait times.

PhotoDave219

The analytics are simply a compilation of TP's observed data.

That would explain how the crowd level shifted up so dramatically. I've also heard rumblings of understaffing at MK as well. Mixed together, it could be that damm explanation I've been looking for.

Of course, as Flynn points out, crowd level is not the same thing as attendance.

The only thing it definitely proves is that people are waiting a long time.

PhotoDave219

Call Rasulo! FP+ is a success! ;)

Alas.... TP's methodology hasn't changed. Data is solid from @lentesta's crew.

If people are waiting longer and loner and its not due to a significant growth in attendance, it means this $1.5B+ social engineering experiment has turned out to be a giant waste of time.

Maybe they can get a refund from the consultants?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Alas.... TP's methodology hasn't changed. Data is solid from @lentesta's crew.

If people are waiting longer and loner and its not due to a significant growth in attendance, it means this $1.5B+ social engineering experiment has turned out to be a giant waste of time.

Maybe they can get a refund from the consultants?

Considering they keep reporting record stats... I doubt higher wait times qualifies as a failure in their books. I imagine some one has a powerpoint showing how their program enabled the park to post record crowds x quarters in a row while still maintaining a hand-picked group of metrics.

The parks are so focused on creating more things to sell you or letting you 'buy your way' out of undesirable things... they've totally lost the idea of simply creating great places you want to visit. The parks have not lured me in some time now.. and we just pushed back our next DCL cruise.

Cesar R M

Call Rasulo! FP+ is a success! ;)
Meanwhile.. at Iger's House...

wmI5PXs.jpg

They be counting the dosh of the new Star Wars merchandise.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
@PhotoDave219 thank you so much for the crowd breakdown very interesting stuff. I have a question, you say that MK is either crazy or dead and that we are in the "dead zone" now. How long does that typically last? Should we expect to see any pickup between now and thanksgiving or have crowd trends typically stayed low during this time?

PhotoDave219

@PhotoDave219 thank you so much for the crowd breakdown very interesting stuff. I have a question, you say that MK is either crazy or dead and that we are in the "dead zone" now. How long does that typically last? Should we expect to see any pickup between now and thanksgiving or have crowd trends typically stayed low during this time?

Yes, we are in the slowest time of year. Weekends will pick up for FlaRes attendance and F&W. The last couple of years have this really dead period ending by the third week of September. I expect it to stay consistent.

GrammieBee

Pity the poor person who doesn't know a lot about WDW or fast passes and has not done a lot of " homework" on the subject. They know not which attractions actually require them. Frankly, I consider them to be a royal pain in the butt. They mess up time spent in the parks, crowd levels and are unnecessary unless it is for an extremely popular, slow loading, or new attraction. But then, I grew up in the time of the long wait. Everyone was equal. You did not expect instant access and either waited in line for a popular attraction or did something else.and came back later in hopes the line would be shorter.

brb1006

Pity the poor person who doesn't know a lot about WDW or fast passes and has not done a lot of " homework" on the subject. They know not which attractions actually require them. Frankly, I consider them to be a royal pain in the butt. They mess up time spent in the parks, crowd levels and are unnecessary unless it is for an extremely popular, slow loading, or new attraction. But then, I grew up in the time of the long wait. Everyone was equal. You did not expect instant access and either waited in line for a popular attraction or did something else.and came back later in hopes the line would be shorter.
Good thing I learned more about the attractions, some tips about WDW and other things before my third visit last spring.

GrammieBee

With apologies to die hard Disney fans. While we like and frequently visit WDW, we would not recommend it to anyone who just wants to go with the flow and enjoy the moment. If someone does not like to plan their time or wants only to relax, WDW is not the place for them. They could spend their vacation at one of the fancy resorts near WDW, but then, what's the point of being there? There are a myriad of other special places in the world that meet their requirements.

tirian

With apologies to die hard Disney fans. While we like and frequently visit WDW, we would not recommend it to anyone who just wants to go with the flow and enjoy the moment. If someone does not like to plan their time or wants only to relax, WDW is not the place for them. They could spend their vacation at one of the fancy resorts near WDW, but then, what's the point of being there? There are a myriad of other special places in the world that meet their requirements.
Good point. I found that DL and TDL required even more planning than Florida because the crowd flow patterns are completely different than WDW. DL regulars would probably laugh at me for saying that. I guess your preparation depends on the experiences at your home park.

Cosmic Commando

I don't doubt that it's been busier this year, but the thing to keep in mind with compiling year-to-date stats is that the rest of the year from now going forward will have more 1-5 and fewer 8-10. It will balance the numbers out somewhat after months of summer crowds pushing the year-to-date average up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom