A Fifth Park?!!!

CoffeeJedi

lewisc said:
Maybe not now but the attraction needs updating and really belongs in the AK. I still think this is space that at some time might be re-used.

AK is for semi-realistic or at least "serious" presentations of animals, not outright comedy (Dino-rama not withstanding). also, why stock an attraction full of AA animals (AAA's?) when the whole point of the park is that it has REAL animals

(yes, i'm aware of the humor in "its tough to be a bug", but its an educational show too; there's no educational value in the JC, and that's the way i like it!)

DisneyFreak529

lewisc said:
Project a 7 or 8 day vacation. 4 major parks, 2 water parks, DTD, mini-golf and activities in the resorts may be enough. I've never been to WWS so I'm not sure what's there.

If I go to Florida for a week I have just enough time for 4 parks and an extra day for stuff we missed. Plus a day to rest because so of us just can't do 24/7 parks even though were young. If there were 5 parks would be a bit much.

Like the others said, why not just add to the parks that they have.

Huge Dreamer

CoffeeJedi said:
AK is for semi-realistic or at least "serious" presentations of animals, not outright comedy (Dino-rama not withstanding). also, why stock an attraction full of AA animals (AAA's?) when the whole point of the park is that it has REAL animals.

If they were to transfer JC to DAK they could use really animals instead of AA animals. If I remember right they the first concept called for real animals. I think it would be aswome in DAK and it would free of space in MK in adventure land to put in a E-Ticket ride.

CoffeeJedi

Huge Dreamer said:
If they were to transfer JC to DAK they could use really animals instead of AA animals. If I remember right they the first concept called for real animals. I think it would be aswome in DAK and it would free of space in MK in adventure land to put in a E-Ticket ride.

well, they have the boat infrustructure already in place, but there's not enough room along the river for animal paddocks. here's hoping they make a "south america" section of AK and include a boat ride

but the jungle cruise would be stripped of what it is if it had real animals and real facts. leave the impossible scenes of gorillas and elephants, and headhunters, and above all else, leave the corny jokes intact!

PuertoRekinSam

You know what I would like to see? The four parks we have now, fully cast. When people go into the casting building, they would be told, I'm sorry, but right now we're not hiring, but we will put you on a waiting list. The extra Hours Hotline would be much smaller then it is now. Cast members would be happier because they are not being overworked, and thus the guest would have a better time.

I want the students brought in on the college program (and now the Career start program... shudder) to all be great castmembers. I know there are a good number out there, but there is a lot who are here to party, go to the beach, go to PI first, and work second. I want them to balance their work and socail life maturally.

I would also like to see more guest in the park. I know, it's a crazy thought, but I want there to be lines. I want the parks to have to close to non resort guest at least 3 times a week.

I want to see the need to open our seasonal attractions on a more consistant basis to keep the above from happening.

I want to see my stocks break the $30 $50, $100 a share point like they used to.

I want to see the resorts being booked 95% during these peak times.

I want there to be a need to open a 5th park, because without one, there won't be one.

I want a fifth park that is a good business decision.

brich

Quote:Originally Posted by Thrawn
Wow. If you think what I posted here was in any way mean, disrespectful, or "tough" you need to read some of my other posts. I could have simply replied with either "this has been done 3848435934954395 times search first!!!!!!" or "they won't build a coaster park so forget it". But I also pointed out the other things they won't build, and I did so for two reasons, being that I didn't single anyone out and I added to the discussion, which is more than your post did. Roll your eyes at someone else.
DisneyDavO said:
You think you somehow added to the discussion? It sounded to me like you were telling everyone to stop the discussion.

:lol: If i had a penny for everytime first impressions went awry around here... :lol:

Gartdog

Disney Sea is an exceptional park and I think it would do well in Orlando with a few minor changes. The Sinbad ride seems oddly out-of-place since Disney has no connection to the story of Sinbad. I would remove it and replace it with an Aladdin-themed thrill ride in the vein of Dinousar/Indiana Jones that had guests on flying carpets in the Cave of Wonders and around Agrabah. I think there's a lot of potential for that type of ride.

i<3disney4ever

huge coaster park definetly!!! or maybe a combo of that and some of the old rides that were taken away be brought back into there 2 (dreamfinder, Mr Toads, 20k etc.)

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sorry

I just wanted to aplogize to everyone who has viewed this post that I may have offended. Especially Unkadug, Goofyfan13 and Thrawn. I totally over reacted to the constructive criticism offered. I know everyone meant well and that everything that was said was tongue-in-cheek. Hopefully all is forgiven. I will try to take a step back next time prior to flying off the handle. :eek:

I am new here and I should have done a search before posting. I guess in my zeal to fit in here I was a bit too eager to post something. I'll do better next time. :zipit:

DB05

Expo_Seeker40

I would like to see "The Lost Kingdom". A spacious park that pays homage to Coney Island's famous and gone Luna Park, Dreamland, and Steeplechases I and II. It would be in the sense of atmosphere and architecture. The majority of the rides themeselves could be disney orineted, but still I think it could be quite a park, especially at night.

goofyfan13

DoomBuggy05 said:
I just wanted to aplogize to everyone who has viewed this post that I may have offended. Especially Unkadug, Goofyfan13 and Thrawn. I totally over reacted to the constructive criticism offered. I know everyone meant well and that everything that was said was tongue-in-cheek. Hopefully all is forgiven. I will try to take a step back next time prior to flying off the handle. :eek:

I am new here and I should have done a search before posting. I guess in my zeal to fit in here I was a bit too eager to post something. I'll do better next time. :zipit:

DB05

It's all good, no harm no foul. You really don't need to apologize though, you were defending yourself, I shouldn't have made the original comments. :wave: But welcome to the boards! :)

Tim G

DoomBuggy05 said:
Pretend it is 2010 and Disney is ready to add a fifth park to WDW. What type of park would you like to see them build? They are asking for ideas from the most loyal and hardcore WDW fans, Us! What would you want and more importantly what is going to be the WDW park for the 21st century?

This is what DB05 wants:

A flat out, no holds barred freaking amusement park! The best coasters and rides ever imagined. The total sum of the greatest amusement park rides in the world. If there has ever been a weakness at WDW is is the lack of COASTERS. I'm talking the big guns here. Not R&R, not Space Mountain and not (certainly not) BTM. A park that is not a place for a nervous person!

But I digress, tell us all what you want.

DB05

Pretend it is 2050 and Disney is still not ready to add a fifth park to WDW. :D :D :D

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Corrus said:
Pretend it is 2050 and Disney is still not ready to add a fifth park to WDW. :D :D :D

Pretend it's now. We are going to UO this year because my two sons would rather go to a thrill ride park instead of WDW.

My son's don't really like WDW because they think it has lame rides. They love IOA because of the coasters and Spiderman and can't wait to do the MUMMY. Because I am the one paying for the trips, we go to WDW one year and UO the other. We have done this for the past five years.

Now lets talk demographics and marketing. My sons don't relate to the WDW of my childhood. When I was young, HM, JC, BTMRR and SM were the the best rides in the country. They don't see the same WDW that I see when we go there. They go because I go to WDW. What do you think they will do when they have kids? My bet is that they will go to UO because that will be their fondest memories of a trip to Orlando. Todays kids are tomorrows money.

Pretend it's 2050. Disney listened to all the purists and didn't change a thing, where are they now? :lookaroun

I'm spending about $4000 to travel to Orlando and go to UO in October. This is about 3 grand WDW is losing because they don't have a thrill ride park. Disney will get a visit to MNSSHP out of me this year but that is all. The remainder of my money will go to UO.

Pretend it's 2050. I hope you didn't have stock in Disney. :D :D :D :D

DB05

Tigger1988

DoomBuggy05 said:
Pretend it's now. We are going to UO this year because my two sons would rather go to a thrill ride park instead of WDW.

My son's don't really like WDW because they think it has lame rides. They love IOA because of the coasters and Spiderman and can't wait to do the MUMMY. Because I am the one paying for the trips, we go to WDW one year and UO the other. We have done this for the past five years.

Now lets talk demographics and marketing. My sons don't relate to the WDW of my childhood. When I was young, HM, JC, BTMRR and SM were the the best rides in the country. They don't see the same WDW that I see when we go there. They go because I go to WDW. What do you think they will do when they have kids? My bet is that they will go to UO because that will be their fondest memories of a trip to Orlando. Todays kids are tomorrows money.

Pretend it's 2050. Disney listened to all the purists and didn't change a thing, where are they now? :lookaroun

I'm spending about $4000 to travel to Orlando and go to UO in October. This is about 3 grand WDW is losing because they don't have a thrill ride park. Disney will get a visit to MNSSHP out of me this year but that is all. The remainder of my money will go to UO.

Pretend it's 2050. I hope you didn't have stock in Disney. :D :D :D :D

DB05

I really don't think Disney is shaking in their boots because you decided to go to Universal over WDW...no offense...WDW is more popular than UO anyway...

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Tigger1988 said:
I really don't think Disney is shaking in their boots because you decided to go to Universal over WDW...no offense...WDW is more popular than UO anyway...

Did you bother to read my post? I love WDW. I hope and pray they never shake in their boots about a competitor. My post was about the future of WDW. I know they are more popular than UO, right now.

Why do I get into these conversations? :brick:

Everything is going to be fine at WDW. You are so right. WDW is more popular than UO or any other park and it always will be. I don't know what I was thinking. :hammer:

DB05

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom