A Fifth Park?!!!

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
dflye said:
Thanks for passing it on, it is too funny! :lol:

I don't think that you (or GoofyFan13 for that matter) meant any real harm to DoomBuggy05, and I was just trying to make it seem like not everyone was here to put a dunce cap on his head for starting a new thread on an old topic. :zipit:

And now, back to our original query...

My vote is for a Monty Python themed park! :eek:

We could then do the following:
  • Bring in the Spamalot touring group as a new show (heck, they could be the act that replaces Tarzan at the AK! :) )
  • Have a dead-bird show "This is an ex-parrot!", similar to Flights of Wonder in the AK
  • Have a silly-walk parade
I could go on for days! :lol:

I absolutely love the Monty Python Park. This is exactly what I was talking about!!!!! I can only imagine what the Holy Grail ride would be like. Not the Holy Hand Grenade! There could be a Spamalot show from off Broadway (NY, for Thrawn). Exploding Penguins everywhere. A parrot themed attraction like in MK only with dead parrots. A Silly Walk Parade? Get out. What a capital Idea!! The ideas are endless!

Thanks for your ideas,

DB05

goofyfan13

I think a park that sounds really cool would be that America themed one that was supposedly planned for Virginia, but got axed because of non-support. I thought that park looked really cool, so I guess I would like to see something like that.

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The_CEO said:
" Bring Out Your Deeeeadddd.........."

" Bring Out Your Deeeadddddddddd...."

"But I'm not dead yet..."

"She turned me into a newt".....

What exactky is the forward velocity of an English Swallow?

Do coconuts migrate?

DB05

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
unkadug said:
I've already apologized to the O.P. via Private Message. :wave:

The link is not mine nor did I have anything to do with the creation.
Just passing along something that I saw on these very boards that I thought was funny!

Sorry, I'm not recieving IM's at this time. I don't know why either. I selected it on the CP.

Don't apologize to me. I'm not here looking for that. We all love WDW or we would not be here. Different views don't bug me. In fact they reassure me that we all want the same thing only through different means.

The only one I need to apologize to is Thrawn. I don't agree with what you say, but I'll be the first to defend it. That's what this is all about. Freedom of Speech.

DB05

DisneyDavO

Thrawn said:
Wow. If you think what I posted here was in any way mean, disrespectful, or "tough" you need to read some of my other posts. I could have simply replied with either "this has been done 3848435934954395 times search first!!!!!!" or "they won't build a coaster park so forget it". But I also pointed out the other things they won't build, and I did so for two reasons, being that I didn't single anyone out and I added to the discussion, which is more than your post did. Roll your eyes at someone else.

You think you somehow added to the discussion? It sounded to me like you were telling everyone to stop the discussion.

SpectroMan

I would love to see a DisneySea or the American Park or the Star Wars Park that was discussed.

How about a Cirque du Soleil inspired park? Not the actual shows, but the environments and themes of their shows.

DisneyFreak529

I don't know I think the idea of a 5th park is a bit over done and corny. I think an evil park is just to much, it's doesn't really fit the Disney theme of magic. I mean ok it's a cute idea, but don't you think little kids will be scaried. It's not really a park you can take young kids to. No mater how Disney does it, it will still be a little scarie.

A coster kingdom is a little to much. What is it going to be just costers all day. People will be sick all day. :)

RealHawker

adamthegetupkid said:
You might wanna try to look back in the archives before posting, but I will bring up something in response anyway. As much fun as coasters are, having a large abundance of them isn't Disney. One of the many things that makes Disney so great is that there are attractions for EVERYONE. Three year old little Timmy and ninety four year old great grandma Agnes don't go on Space Mountain. They go on Peter Pan's Flight. Fortunatly, Peter Pan's Flight is such a great ride that everyone between their ages enjoys them as well. That is what makes certain rides like the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean so timeless and entertaining; their ability to appeal to everyone.

There are specialized parks and areas though.

Both water parks.
Pleasure Island isnt exactly themed for Timmy and his grandma.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think they should build a really big park with lots of different themed lands. They could put in future land that would have a bunch of sci-fi themed rides maybe even an indoor roller coaster that was like traveling through space or one that shows how technology has advanced over the last 70 or 80 years. They could also do something themed to Buzz and maybe even Stitch and what future world would be complete with out a go cart ride! Next would be a Fairy tail land with rides based on Different Fairy tales like Snow White and Winne the Pooh plus maybe a boat ride that would take you all over the world. After that Disney could build a Colonial themed land with a room full of anamatronic Presidents, and a really cool haunted house. From there you could walk into the Old West land that would have a shooting gallery and ohh I know a Railroad roller coaster and a flume ride. That land will also need some music so why not have bears singing country music. Disney could call it the Country Bear Ho-down. The next land would be Jungle land with attractions like a Amazon Cruise filled with anamtronic animals and the boat captains could tell really corney jokes. Maybe they could also finally build something based on that movie Pirates of the Caribbean. They will need some music here to what about birds and flowers singing, nah that would never work. We will need some places to eat there to. I got it a Taco stand that will have the best tacos on the planet, but it should only be open 1 weekend a year.
Oh wait isn't there a park already like this? I think it is called Islands of Adventure or something like that. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I don't think we will ever see a full size 5th gate at WDW.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Master Yoda said:
I think they should build a really big park with lots of different themed lands. They could put in future land that would have a bunch of sci-fi themed rides maybe even an indoor roller coaster that was like traveling through space or one that shows how technology has advanced over the last 70 or 80 years. They could also do something themed to Buzz and maybe even Stitch and what future world would be complete with out a go cart ride! Next would be a Fairy tail land with rides based on Different Fairy tales like Snow White and Winne the Pooh plus maybe a boat ride that would take you all over the world. After that Disney could build a Colonial themed land with a room full of anamatronic Presidents, and a really cool haunted house. From there you could walk into the Old West land that would have a shooting gallery and ohh I know a Railroad roller coaster and a flume ride. That land will also need some music so why not have bears singing country music. Disney could call it the Country Bear Ho-down. The next land would be Jungle land with attractions like a Amazon Cruise filled with anamtronic animals and the boat captains could tell really corney jokes. Maybe they could also finally build something based on that movie Pirates of the Caribbean. They will need some music here to what about birds and flowers singing, nah that would never work. We will need some places to eat there to. I got it a Taco stand that will have the best tacos on the planet, but it should only be open 1 weekend a year.
Oh wait isn't there a park already like this? I think it is called Islands of Adventure or something like that. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I don't think we will ever see a full size 5th gate at WDW.

I heard they are builsing something real similar to this in Hong Kong.... :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
hakunamatata said:
I heard they are builsing something real similar to this in Hong Kong.... :lookaroun
Your crazy! Disney would never build anything outside the United States! :lol:

lewisc

Project a 7 or 8 day vacation. 4 major parks, 2 water parks, DTD, mini-golf and activities in the resorts may be enough. I've never been to WWS so I'm not sure what's there.

It sounds like Disney is concentrating on the existing parks and isn't planning on building a new park. They still have land in MK by the 20K area. Jungle Cruise could certainly be retired. Why have plastic animals when AK has real animals? EPCOT has room for new pavilions.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
lewisc said:
Jungle Cruise could certainly be retired. Why have plastic animals when AK has real animals? EPCOT has room for new pavillions.

This will likely not happen with the Jungle Cruise movie in the works.

lewisc

hakunamatata said:
This will likely not happen with the Jungle Cruise movie in the works.

Maybe not now but the attraction needs updating and really belongs in the AK. I still think this is space that at some time might be re-used.

Huge Dreamer

Disney will build another park it is just a matter of time. What the park will be who knows but what would be so wrong with a park aimed more at adults. Disney already has pleasure island that is for adults. But like I said and the person that started this thread and on all the other threads about a 5th park it will not happen any time soon because of one reason or another.

DragonJay

You know, I wrote a whole piece on why Gate 5 wasn't going to happen...then I deleted it...this thread is "2010...Imagine a Gate 5".

Kudos to the people suggesting "Star Wars" with different planets as "lands" or even the stepped-theme of "Lord of the Rings". That's using the noodle...thinking outside the box like the Imagineers would.

Seas and Villians...it's been talked about so much, it's lost it's punch. The attractions at TDS can be found in similar formats at WDW already. Villians might be neat IF they took a mirror image of MK, and twisted it...Cindy's castle in ruins (it would look like the Dragon's Castle in Shrek...by the way...that's an insider joke at Dreamworks).

An earlier poster said it right "Why not change the core model?". Look at what Spiderman at IOA did to change the perception of the dark ride.

What about a theme park that involves more interactivity...where scores are tracked and open up new areas? What if you survived Haunted Attraction 1 (The Curse of the Zombies), which allowed one to participate in Haunted Attraction 2 (Big Bad Vampires)? Progress could EASILY be tracked through RFID tags.

Another option would be to go to more flexible attractions. One month to put in a holiday overlay? Wow. That's a lot for a relatively static attraction. What if an attraction base was laid that allowed for quick transitions between rides based on movies. Use AGV vehicles so that the track isn't a limiting factor is one idea. Maybe Disney Imagineering could get large-scale holograms working...that would allow changing facades much faster (yes, yes, it would be less real and more "watching" a movie, but it would allow for faster transitions).

I could go for hours on this, but like most of us, I have to get back to work.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
lewisc said:
Maybe not now but the attraction needs updating and really belongs in the AK. I still think this is space that at some time might be re-used.

If it is removed, I dont see Disney transferring it to DAK. I think a boat based attraction with live animals would be nice for DAK, but dont see it coming. Once Everest is open, I would look for developement of another E ticket attraction in an effort to make DAK an all day event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom