A Fifth Park?!!!

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Pretend it is 2010 and Disney is ready to add a fifth park to WDW. What type of park would you like to see them build? They are asking for ideas from the most loyal and hardcore WDW fans, Us! What would you want and more importantly what is going to be the WDW park for the 21st century?

This is what DB05 wants:

A flat out, no holds barred freaking amusement park! The best coasters and rides ever imagined. The total sum of the greatest amusement park rides in the world. If there has ever been a weakness at WDW is is the lack of COASTERS. I'm talking the big guns here. Not R&R, not Space Mountain and not (certainly not) BTM. A park that is not a place for a nervous person!

But I digress, tell us all what you want.

DB05

You might wanna try to look back in the archives before posting, but I will bring up something in response anyway. As much fun as coasters are, having a large abundance of them isn't Disney. One of the many things that makes Disney so great is that there are attractions for EVERYONE. Three year old little Timmy and ninety four year old great grandma Agnes don't go on Space Mountain. They go on Peter Pan's Flight. Fortunatly, Peter Pan's Flight is such a great ride that everyone between their ages enjoys them as well. That is what makes certain rides like the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean so timeless and entertaining; their ability to appeal to everyone.

DisneyDavO

Yes, we all love the mass apeal of the existing parks, but it would be great to not have to leave Disney for some big thrill rides. Whats wrong with a new park that has this kind of entertainment?

goofyfan13

Please, please, please use the search function. Wheres that "posting and you" link when you need it?
Just for the sake of answering hte question, I'd like to see a villians theme park, basically the antithesis of MK, more dark, with thrilling rides, but at the same time ride like Peter Pan's flight.

Tom

Beta Return
STOP harassing people for starting a thread that has been discussed before. If he had done a search, and then posted a reply to a thread that died a year ago, he would have been harassed for bringing back an old, dead thread - guaranteed.

There are only so many damn topics we can talk about, and after many months or a year, new people join the boards who haven't been part of those discussions and don't need to spend the rest of their lives reading posts that are antique. Heck, opinions change with time - let's all relive these ideas and toss around new concepts.

Just be glad this one wasn't on extending the monorail!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
goofyfan13 said:
Please, please, please use the search function. Wheres that "posting and you" link when you need it?
Just for the sake of answering hte question, I'd like to see a villians theme park, basically the antithesis of MK, more dark, with thrilling rides, but at the same time ride like Peter Pan's flight.
"Posting and You"

Austin1

I guess if we had to add another park I would like Disney-Sea. But i would personally rather have them do major updates and additions to the exisiting parks first.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Disney will not build:
  • a coaster park
  • a villian park
  • a park of "retired" rides
  • a park based on any property that isn't Disney owned
  • a park based on any single property
  • a park based on any adult theme
  • a park based on anything that does not have a positive message or connotation

Those are the ones that simply will never happen. Don't bother saying how great they are, because they will not occur.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
edwardtc said:
STOP harassing people for starting a thread that has been discussed before. If he had done a search, and then posted a reply to a thread that died a year ago, he would have been harassed for bringing back an old, dead thread - guaranteed.

There are only so many damn topics we can talk about, and after many months or a year, new people join the boards who haven't been part of those discussions and don't need to spend the rest of their lives reading posts that are antique. Heck, opinions change with time - let's all relive these ideas and toss around new concepts.

Just be glad this one wasn't on extending the monorail!

Thats the problem though, there aren't any new ideas. Every thread on this subject is "Disney should" either A) Build a coaster park or B) Build a villian park.

Connor002

unkadug said:

:lol: :lol:
I'd put more laughing smilies, if i could!
Thats one of the funniest things i've seen in a whlie

On topic: I think a version of DisneySea would be amazing, although i'm sure the imagineers have come up with ideas that are a thousand times better than anything we can come up with

Tom

Beta Return
Thrawn said:
Thats the problem though, there aren't any new ideas. Ever thread on this subject is either A) Build a coaster park or B) Build a villian park.

Excellent point!

I, personally, would much rather see a thread brought back to life with a reply, than a new one - but either way, I just wish people wouldn't be so hard, especially on newbies, for talking about something we've talked about, over...and over...and over :) It's not like this is a forum on gaming, or computers - where the topics and new ideas are endless - it's a forum on a fixed thing, a place that exists wholly in it's current state, and there are only so many things we can discuss about it - and by God, I think we've covered about 99.9% of them!

RoninHood

I'm sure Lucas and Disney could get together and build an all Star Wars theme park,with each land consisting of the planets of the SW galaxy.

dflye

unkadug said:
Ok, that is just plain hysterically funny! :lol: And, no, I'm not going to say how many of those rules I've broken so far here... :lookaroun

On a more serious note (dum da dum dum):
goofyfan13 said:
Where is that "not annoying the paying customers just becuase I'm a freeloader" post? :eek:

Really now, the poor guy paid a few bucks to support this site, and you've not (at least according to your current status), so cut him some slack and show him around, versus just kicking him in the .

DoomBuggy05

Account Suspended
Original Poster
unkadug said:

Wowsie, wosie, woo woo. Sorry, didn't mean to kick anyone's puppy with this thread. I'll admit I am new here, but I didn't need to see the thread "Posting and You". If all these ideas have already been discussed here, sorry again a thousand times. Give me my $50 bucks back. I don't need to see a vintage 50's clip to let me know I'm a dumba$$. Just be adult enough to tell me that this is as old as moldy bread. If everything has been discussed here before and you don't want to hear it again, why hang out here. Try woodworking or something :hammer:.

Ho%y ____!t

DB05

Tuddle

a cool park idea ive had is where the whole park is a story,

heres an easier way to explain it, lets say that disney had the rights to Lord of the rings, well you start out in the shire, then as you move around the park it a darker feel( kinda fits in the Villian theme)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Connor002 said:
Oh, that disqualifies DisneySea, dosen't it...

DisneySea isn't a property. Its an idea. A "property" is something thats owned, like Star Wars, as the previous example. The sea isn't.

I would love to see a DisneySea type of park, but I don't think it would "sell" well. Maybe as an addition of a section to DAK.

The most prudent idea for Disney is to spend the money they would on a fifth gate and use it on the four existing ones.

The only other idea I could see as a fifth park is Disney's America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom