Pre-Trip A Deluxe Mother/Daughter Trip!

Hello all! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Donna and I've been stalking these boards for about 2 years now. I just recently started commenting on everyone's reports, so I thought it would be fun to write my own :).

WHO: Me and MOM!!! Here is us at my wedding this past September :inlove:

I moved out of state about 6 years ago so I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like and I hardly got to see anyone the weekend of the wedding, so I called my mom one day and was like "Hey, do you want to go to Disney?!" And here we are :cat:.

WHEN: May 11-15 Our first time going during Flower & Garden, really looking forward to this!

WHERE: The Contemporary! I asked my mom where she wants to stay the most.. and this is what she picked YAY! This will be our first time staying at a Deluxe. So many firsts this trip!

WDWDarling

I forgot to add that my husband agreed to a birthday trip next year!!!! My past birthday (February) I mentioned that it just wasn't the same when we're not in Disney. We went for my 30th 2 years ago and had an amazing time. So I get to plan another trip! My birthday week always lands on Presidents Day/Mardi Gras so I think we'll go the week after to avoid the crowds. But not going to plan more than that until after my May trip. One at a time!!!

Yay! No better way to combat the Disney blues than having another trip to start planning when you get back :happy:.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I think its great that you will get to see both MK shows during your trip!! I hope Happy Ever After is worth the removal of Wishes. :(
I hope it's worth it too! I heard the other day that the new castle projection show was having issues so they had to put it under refurb?? I could be wrong, but I think that's what I heard. Hoping they get their stuff together before I get there!

kaitertot5249

TWO trips! That's so exciting! Your Fast Pass plans look great. I hope you are able to see the new MK show and let us all know what you think of it! Getting to see the last ever Wishes and potentially seeing Happily Ever After during it's first week is so exciting!

p.a.m.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:cool::):inlove::jawdrop::joyfull:

Congratulations!

Your dining reservation is set. A confirmation email has been sent to
Tusker House Restaurant Dinner - ROL 1st ShowFriday, May 12, 2017 (6:30 PM, Dinner)
Confirmation Number:
Congratulations on your upcoming trip! I've enjoyed reading about your planning process. I have a question about this confirmation that you posted for the Tusker House Rivers of Light dining package. It says "1st Show" on your confirmation. Currently on the Disney site RoL is only scheduled for one show at 9:15 that day. Do you think that they are going to add a second show and move the times around? I'm wondering because I made a regular dining reservation for later in May for 6:45 hoping for a Fastpass to the 9:15 RoL. Now I'm wondering if at some point they're going to add a second showing and move the showtimes around. Since your date is near mine I was hoping maybe you know. it's so hard to plan things in advance when Disney makes schedule changes as the date approaches.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Congratulations on your upcoming trip! I've enjoyed reading about your planning process. I have a question about this confirmation that you posted for the Tusker House Rivers of Light dining package. It says "1st Show" on your confirmation. Currently on the Disney site RoL is only scheduled for one show at 9:15 that day. Do you think that they are going to add a second show and move the times around? I'm wondering because I made a regular dining reservation for later in May for 6:45 hoping for a Fastpass to the 9:15 RoL. Now I'm wondering if at some point they're going to add a second showing and move the showtimes around. Since your date is near mine I was hoping maybe you know. it's so hard to plan things in advance when Disney makes schedule changes as the date approaches.
The first show shouldn't be any earlier than 9:15 pm since that is its scheduled time (and it needs to be dark for the 15 minute pre-show.) If a second show is added, it would likely be at 10:30 pm ~ the twice nightly show schedule for April has the show start times an hour and 15 minutes apart.

p.a.m.

The first show shouldn't be any earlier than 9:15 pm since that is its scheduled time (and it needs to be dark for the 15 minute pre-show.) If a second show is added, it would likely be at 10:30 pm ~ the twice nightly show schedule for April has the show start times an hour and 15 minutes apart.
In April, the showtimes I've seen are 8:45 and 10:00 with AK closing at 10:00 most nights. It also closes on most nights in May at 10:00 so this is exactly why I'm wondering if that 9:15 time is going to get moved up if/when they add a second showing of RoL.

My goal is to set us up to have an unrushed dinner and still get a seat for Rivers of Light. I realize this may not happen.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
In April, the showtimes I've seen are 8:45 and 10:00 with AK closing at 10:00 most nights. It also closes on most nights in May at 10:00 so this is exactly why I'm wondering if that 9:15 time is going to get moved up if/when they add a second showing of RoL.

My goal is to set us up to have an unrushed dinner and still get a seat for Rivers of Light. I realize this may not happen.
I think you are worrying needlessly. It won't be dark enough at the end of May for the pre-show to begin at 8:30 for an 8:45 start. The first show shouldn't be moved up from 9:15 even if a second show is added ~ more likely AK's closing time will be later, especially once Pandora opens.

p.a.m.

I think you are worrying needlessly. It won't be dark enough at the end of May for the pre-show to begin at 8:30 for an 8:45 start. The first show shouldn't be moved up from 9:15 even if a second show is added ~ more likely AK's closing time will be later, especially once Pandora opens.
I'm not worrying at all, just trying to make the best plan that I can given the available information. Thanks for your input.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I'm not worrying at all, just trying to make the best plan that I can given the available information. Thanks for your input.
I think you should be fine with a 6:45pm dinner before ROL. If you have a leisurely 2 hour dinner you should still have plenty of time to get over there with a fastpass. I booked the dining package because I thought it might be easier to get that then the fastpass but I won't know until my trip if I made the best decision lol!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
TWO trips! That's so exciting! Your Fast Pass plans look great. I hope you are able to see the new MK show and let us all know what you think of it! Getting to see the last ever Wishes and potentially seeing Happily Ever After during it's first week is so exciting!
Thanks for reading! I'm SO excited about this trip and getting to see Wishes for the last time and Happily Ever After and ROL for the first time. So many firsts this trip!

*Flynnderella*

51 days to go!!! It was going fast for a while there, but now time is dragging again. Hoping this next month and a half go by fast!

Looks like a fun trip !! :) We will be there at the same time- 43 days to go!!! We've also planned to watch the last Wishes *sob* and watch the first night of the new show the next night!! I hope its worth it! :inlove:

Is it just me or are you also praying they will announce a soft opening of Pandora during your trip!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Looks like a fun trip !! :) We will be there at the same time- 43 days to go!!! We've also planned to watch the last Wishes *sob* and watch the first night of the new show the next night!! I hope its worth it! :inlove:

Is it just me or are you also praying they will announce a soft opening of Pandora during your trip!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
YES!! Hoping for a soft opening of Pandora!! Fingers crossed!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster

They just announced a "pre-opening" just for AP holders... so not fair! :(

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
41 DAYS PEOPLE!!! :D I cannot wait for this trip! Work has been so stressful lately that I want to pull my hair out... and drink a lot ;). I need some DISNEY in my life! I haven't even had time to keep up with everyone elses TR's and PTR's :(.

And just to make this post a little less boring, here are some more puppy and kitty pictures :)

Have a Magical Weekend everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom