Pre-Trip A Deluxe Mother/Daughter Trip!

Hello all! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Donna and I've been stalking these boards for about 2 years now. I just recently started commenting on everyone's reports, so I thought it would be fun to write my own :).

WHO: Me and MOM!!! Here is us at my wedding this past September :inlove:

I moved out of state about 6 years ago so I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like and I hardly got to see anyone the weekend of the wedding, so I called my mom one day and was like "Hey, do you want to go to Disney?!" And here we are :cat:.

WHEN: May 11-15 Our first time going during Flower & Garden, really looking forward to this!

WHERE: The Contemporary! I asked my mom where she wants to stay the most.. and this is what she picked YAY! This will be our first time staying at a Deluxe. So many firsts this trip!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I did go and browse the website last night. :cautious: I'm trying to be good.. I've bought a few shirts for Dylan and I.. Must. Resist. Buying. More. :arghh:
This is the first time in a long time that I've bought anything Disney... so I was due lol and it's SO hard not to buy things all the time!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I was just thinking how badly I wish my trip spanned over those dates so I could see it all.. I am not quite so lucky. :( Happily Ever After from the Cali Grill it will be. :oops:
I'm sure it'll be just as magical as Wishes, if not more. I'm so excited, my plans never land on things like this!

Zipadeelady

That I can do! I'm trying to be super excited for it like I was for Wishes! It's really hard. :( I think I'll feel better once the new show starts and others start saying how wonderful it is!
Same. I was even brain storming on trying to go to Disney for one day to see Wishes one last time. My husband thought I was crazy and no one was to interested in going, plus the cost just didn't make it feasible.

blreinsel

Same. I was even brain storming on trying to go to Disney for one day to see Wishes one last time. My husband thought I was crazy and no one was to interested in going, plus the cost just didn't make it feasible.

Yeah.. You're not alone in that logic! I considered it too but it's just too much. Plus, I want Dylan's first experience to be the FULL Disney experience so a day trip just wouldn't cut it. ;)

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Yeah.. You're not alone in that logic! I considered it too but it's just too much. Plus, I want Dylan's first experience to be the FULL Disney experience so a day trip just wouldn't cut it. ;)
I'm considering cancelling my Ohana reservation so we can watch Wishes from the MK for the last time... but I've also never seen it from Ohana.. I can't decide ahh!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm considering cancelling my Ohana reservation so we can watch Wishes from the MK for the last time... but I've also never seen it from Ohana.. I can't decide ahh!
Depending on where you sit in 'Ohana, you probably won't see Wishes. Only a few window tables allow for fireworks viewing and not really a prime view (watching them from the Poly beach is better.) If Wishes is a must, I'd pass on 'Ohana.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Depending on where you sit in 'Ohana, you probably won't see Wishes. Only a few window tables allow for fireworks viewing and not really a prime view (watching them from the Poly beach is better.) If Wishes is a must, I'd pass on 'Ohana.
Good call @Tuvalu! If it wasn't the last night for Wishes, I would've like to watch them from Ohana, which is why I made that reservation in the first place. But since it's the last time, I want to watch it from Main Street. Made a reservation at Tony's for 6:55, they have shrimp scampi on the menu (my mom's favorite) so after dinner we can hangout until Wishes. Possibly get a spot on the train platform. So excited!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster

Alright, Fastpasses are booked and things have been moved around a bit. So here are my (current) plans:

Arrive Thursday May 11- We will both arrive around 11am and will hop on DME.

Fastpasses:
Haunted Manson- 235-335
Peter Pan's Flight- 345-445
Space Mountain (for me ;))- 5pm-6pm

Then I changed our Ohana reservation to Tony's Town Square at 6:55. Since this is the last night ever for Wishes, I really wanted a better view. So the plan is to have dinner, then hang around main street and see if we can find a good spot, possibly on the train station or in the hub.

Friday, May 12:
Epcot in the morning, Animal Kingdom in the evening

Fastpasses:
SSE- 935-1035
Soarin- 1050-1150am (this will be my first time on the new Soarin! can't wait!)
Nemo- 1210-110

I don't think we will get to the Nemo fastpass, I'd rather go on Soarin then go over to World Showcase and wander for a bit (Voices of Liberty!!! Oh, and a few beers around the world too!)
This is the day I cancelled my Via Napoli lunch for the ROL dining package at AK. So instead of a big lunch, we're going to walk over to the Boardwalk for Ample Hills! I'm an ice cream addict, so cannot wait for this!

From the Boardwalk we can hitch a bus to AK. Depending on waits for rides, we can do the safari and I can do Everest before dinner. Dinner is at 6:30pm at Tusker House with the ROL package. I can't wait for ROL!!! I figure we can eat and then slowly make our way over for ROL to get a good seat.

Saturday, May 13
This morning we have breakfast at The Wave at 9:20am, so we will probably get to sleep in a little this day (that's why I made the later breakfast).
Today we will be spending the morning at HS and a possible evening at MK for the new fireworks!

Fastpasses:

Toy Story- 1130-1230
TOT (My FAVORITE RIDE IN ALL OF WDW!!!) 1255-155
Muppets- 205-305

I only have breakfast scheduled for this morning so we will just wing it with lunch/dinner. I'm sure there will be Mickey ice cream at some point and possibly other ice cream as well.

Sunday, May 14- Mother's Day!!
So my mom requested 2 things for this trip- dinner at Teppan Edo and the Keys to the Kingdom tour... done and done!

At 8:15 this morning we need to be at the MK ready to go for our tour. I'm so excited for this!

After our tour, I booked a few fastpasses:
Jungle Cruise- 135-235
Big Thunder (for me :D) 240-340
POTC 420-520pm

We then have dinner at Teppan Edo @ 6:30pm. Epcot is my favorite park, and Illuminations is my favorite nighttime show :inlove::inlove::inlove: so what better way to finish up Mother's Day?!

Monday, May 15- Departure Day :cry::cry::cry::(:arghh:

Why is just typing about our last day so sad??
We have a breakfast ADR for 9:15am @ Kona Café!! I FINALLY get to try Tonga Toast!!!!!

After the inevitable sugar high, we will spend the rest of our last day either at Disney Springs or possibly a monorail shopping crawl. Both of our flights leave around 5pm, so that means DME around 2pm :)().

So that's what I have for now, would love any feedback. I have 60 days to move things around (LOL) but hopefully I won't.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I forgot to add that my husband agreed to a birthday trip next year!!!! My past birthday (February) I mentioned that it just wasn't the same when we're not in Disney. We went for my 30th 2 years ago and had an amazing time. So I get to plan another trip! My birthday week always lands on Presidents Day/Mardi Gras so I think we'll go the week after to avoid the crowds. But not going to plan more than that until after my May trip. One at a time!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom